Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Holy shit, necron space marines. We're buttfucked :M

And bros, bros, please consider my idea of going all :neutral: and :thewitcher: and accusing the Tyrantine Cabal of heresy. You know you want to. That would be properly awesome and hilarious :M

lightbane

Arcane
Question: Assuming that thanks to several deus ex machinas and miracles we managed to make the Sector stable again, how are we even supposed to stop Void Dragon from taking over Terra? It has superior technology and weapons and trying to free the Outsider would be a veeeeeeeeeery bad idea (let's say that's so powerful and mind-warping that Cthulhu would shit itself of fear), so unless you suggest we have Hax devour stuff until he reaches level 99 and goes to take over Mars by himself (being equipped with several meltabombs to scare the Ctan)...

I also say to NOT summon the Deceiver, we have fucked-up enough.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
That's...actually a very valid question, outside of us flip flopping between two mortal enemies of the Imperium to ally with, we are barely keeping this sector together. We've just done enough to stop it from falling apart entirely, but also enough to ensure that everyone with authority hates our guts. How are we gonna take on The Void Dragon given our current situation?

lightbane said:
(let's say that's so powerful and mind-warping that Cthulhu would shit itself of fear)

...So it's like Azathoth?

Luigi

Barely Literate
Why does a necrontyr device increase Hax's psykik skillz?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Luigi said:
Why does a necrontyr device increase Hax's psykik skillz?

Good question, the sources I've read on them suggests that they were more technologically inclined. Of course, it doesn't state that they were ignorant of the Warp either before being turned into Necrons.

I'd say that we're pretty fucked as it is. The sector is in turmoil and we've forsaken the evil that we "know" for one that we don't. Then again, our deceit might actually amuse him. He is THE Deceiver after all, playing both sides might just be what he expected from the start.

With the Void Dragon awakened and heading for the Golden Throne and the Outsider possibly being the Tyrant Star and/or the Hivemind I would think that another C'tan may be more useful to us than a Chaos God. That said, I do believe we should summon the Deceiver after we've talked to the Lord Inquisitor. However, if things turn sour during the meeting we should summon him for great LULZ!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Finally caught up again..

I vote AGAINST summoning the Deceiver, but IF the summoning takes the vote, I do vote to let it take place AFTER the meeting, or worst case BEFORE the meeting. NOT DURING.

PS. I like the Chaos turn of events, but a bit dissapoint about all the eating that has taken place. Too late to stop now though.

The sector is in turmoil and we've forsaken the evil that we "know" for one that we don't.
Really? What exactly do we know about the deceiver? What plans has he shared with us?

If anything, Tzeentsch is the devil we know. Not only that, but if working with the deceiver previously was part of his plan, changing to Tzeentch might hurt that plan :thumbsup:

Esquilax

Arcane
For those that want to summon the Deceiver during the meeting, why? What would be the benefit in doing so? Wouldn't it make much more sense to do so afterward, if you want to at all?

taplonaplo

Scholar
I wonder how could i miss a 100 page thread, but just started reading it now. Awesome story, kudos to you!

But if you are so inclined to summon D during the meeting why didn't you just do it? Hax is so far out at this point that you could have easily gotten away with it. Right now, you are just breaking the fourth wall.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
for the lulz obviously

you're not keeping up with the current mood of this LP

Ah, I see. My mistake, good sir.

I have been following your LP (fantastic job, btw, this is great and I would love to do something like this) but I have refrained from voting for the most part because I'm not very familiar with WH40K lore because I don't want to do something silly out of ignorance.

However, this is an exception, because it seems to me that it is plainly obvious that it would be in our best interests to unfuck ourselves somehow and try to get back in D's good graces (assuming that, it is indeed possible to do so). Fuck, we need somebody helping us out, and making schizophrenic choices will only hurt us. So, on that note, I vote for A and to summon The Deceiver AFTER the meeting and try to assure him that this whole Tzeentch thing was just a silly misunderstanding.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
to tell him you doublecrossed him

yeah it does sound kind of weird

Of course it's stupid. But we've kinda painted ourselves in a corner here. Regardless, I think it's worth it for the reasons Occasionally Fatal and Azael listed - I have yet to hear a reason as to why a guy like Tzeentch would be more useful to us than The Deceiver. I have no fucking idea why people elected to join him to begin with.

Of course, I could be completely wrong here.

eklektyk

Erudite
dont go all KKKaos on us now....

fuck ... i feel warp overtaking me!

[gone for few days and all this happens....]

VOTAN AAAAAAA AND OBV. OPTION FEED>DECIVER WILL WINN !!!!!

Luigi

Barely Literate
Esquilax said:
root said:
to tell him you doublecrossed him

yeah it does sound kind of weird

...I have yet to hear a reason as to why a guy like Tzeentch would be more useful to us than The Deceiver. I have no fucking idea why people elected to join him to begin with.

Chaos does not betray you in the hour of need. It gives you power beyond the grasp of mere mortals. It loves you and grants access to the Warp. Unlike dead shells of metal.

Multiple voices in the head of the great sorcerer Hax already whisper to him about every choice he makes. Might as well embrace destiny.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
root said:
if there ain't no objections raise till them we shall

proceed
just as planned

:yeah:

objection.jpg

WTF is the rest thinking? How's summoning Deceiver gonna help us? The only way I could see it making some sense is to bargain with him for more information/power/cure for our condition etc in exchange for not doublecrossing him, But even then it's kinda stupid.

Also, root I'd like to remind you that the choice we've made had nothing to do with flip-flopping. In order to flip-flop one must have made a choice regarding our deity earlier (it was random [yeah, right]).

Besides it kind of makes sense character-wise for Hax to side with Chaos. 1. We never loved deceiver who tricked us into using halo device. 2. Deceiver has not brough so far any really useful piece of info. 3. After the DEVOUR SOUL!11111 retardation the feeling of becoming more powerful physically as well as taking up dubious moral standards (eating sentinent beings) could have contributed to Hax's arrogance and decison to ditch Deceiver.

About the last point - Hax is still bright enough to judge the dangers. Hence, even to him summoning C'tan god would be downright stupid. Unless he has some card to play that is - again something to bargain about.

lightbane

Arcane
That device is getting too cocky, therefore, we'll try to not feed for a time to remind him of its place. Besides, devouring a fucking Lord Inquisitor would make us "out-retard" a biowhore fan, so I vote for "Stability is paramount in the Sector".

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
"Tell him everything" would be retarded, as would "Devour!". Accusing the Tyrantine Cabal of heresy on the other hand is interesting. A lot of their beliefs and machinations ARE heresy after all and now that they've allied themselves with Tzeentsch, which of course we have no proof of, they're clearly heretics and should be purged. Then again, so should Lord Hax.

Still, I vote for accusing them. They've stepped on the wrong toes, time to pay the price. Problem is that this would be flip-flopping yet again since we're now, formally, (*sigh*) allied with The Changer of Ways.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Telling him everything is our best bet at making an ally that isn't a manipulative, double-crossing bastard. The Emperor knows we need one right about now. If we don't get our shit together, the Nightbringer will end us before we can do anything about the situation on Mars.

In the off chance that the Lord Inquisitor decides to go full Fuklaw on us, the Deceiver will save our asses and mindwipe him - most likely in exchange for our undying allegiance. Jackal God > Changer of Ways anyway.

Gondolin

Arcane
Azael said:
"Tell him everything" would be retarded, as would "Devour!". Accusing the Tyrantine Cabal of heresy on the other hand is interesting. A lot of their beliefs and machinations ARE heresy after all and now that they've allied themselves with Tzeentsch, which of course we have no proof of, they're clearly heretics and should be purged. Then again, so should Lord Hax.

Still, I vote for accusing them. They've stepped on the wrong toes, time to pay the price. Problem is that this would be flip-flopping yet again since we're now, formally, (*sigh*) allied with The Changer of Ways.

Hax is sort of allied with Tzeentch, which doesn't necessarily means that he is allied with the Cabal. Problem is, what proof can he bring to back up his accusations? He can't say "Oh, a high-ranking demon told me this during a friendly chat." And, assuming that we have proof, would Caidin become Hax's ally just like that?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Devour soul is also, once again, suicidally stupid.
I'm going with stability is paramount in the sector.
I also have a question; are we gonna admit to eating people?

Reject_666_6 said:
Telling him everything is our best bet at making an ally that isn't a manipulative, double-crossing bastard. The Emperor knows we need one right about now. If we don't get our shit together, the Nightbringer will end us before we can do anything about the situation on Mars.

In the off chance that the Lord Inquisitor decides to go full Fuklaw on us, the Deceiver will save our asses and mindwipe him - most likely in exchange for our undying allegiance. Jackal God > Changer of Ways anyway.

I would also be inclined to tell him everything. We should explain that we are doomed, and we know we are dead, but can still be of value for the Imperium. Our only goal is to keep the sector whole so that it may face the great threats swirling ever closer. We are confident we are up to this task (right guys? guys?). The easy way out is to kill ourselves. This is tantamount to surrender, dooming the sector into chaos, and failing the Imperium. Our circumstances pale in comparison to the survival of Man. There is still much to be done. Eventually, of course, we will be consumed by the halo device. We need the Lord Inquisitor to trust us, work together with us... and put us down when we spiral out of control.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom