Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
A!!!1111111

And for ultimate flip-flopping assholery, I suggest we accuse the Tyrantine Cabal of heresy before Inquisitor Caidin :smug:

Luigi

Barely Literate
Why does the device distort the warp if its necron shit?

This is bad. Necron assplug but working for Tzeentch and pissing of Ctan...

Anyway, some notes from the chat transcript, although it's all apparently subject to change (I've left out the spoilers, even though one has been hinted at strongly before if not outright confirmed, and the other one was a connection I actually made... root just confirmed it - be a shame if they were changed cause I think they're both awesome). The chat will also be redacted now, possibly without much given away, since no one actually bit on the juiciest pieces.

General info / thoughts:
  • - Hax is immune to chaos, but he is not immune to any warping from a chaos god
    - Tzeentch doesn't currently know about the ring (yet)
    - The ring is a third party (now revealed to be the necrontyr, NOT necrons)
    - The Deceiver wants us to get powerful, hints we're his selected protege
    - Both chaos and the deceiver claim they don't need us to accomplish their aims... but they both want to recruit us
    - Four gods of the immaterium (Chaos), four gods of matter (C'tan)
    - Deceiver is more bon vivant than GW depiction

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
600px-FUCKINGANGRY.jpg

All of you who flip-flopped are a shame and disgrace for the oldfaggotry of the codex. May Slaanesh violate your bodies! May Nurgle fester your wounds! May Khorn piss in your porrige!

Also, I vote A. Let's get all the info we can from the inquisitor.

Also, since the Deceiver will know we pretty much fucked him over soon I vote for use summoning him and telling him ourselves. If we want to be badass bow-to-no-one mofos we might as well go all theway.

Enjoy your achievement fags. It was flip-flopping between paths that killed our chapter in Act I, now you are doing it again.

Nice. Well I don't want to do any more damage. I suppose there was only "the clumsy one"... but like I said, I guessed that one mostly, you just confirmed it. The second has been so strongly hinted at that I'm not really sure it's a spoiler at all, but the inquisition has been thorough. I'm sure you can look over the edited transcript and figure it out. I've found I quite like censoring stuff.

lightbane

Arcane
:decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: : : :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

SCREW YOU CHAOS-LOVERS!!! MAY SLANEESH ANALLY RAPE YOU WITH ONE THOUSAND DAEMONIC DILDOS!!!

Well now, Hax is completely and utterly damned now, so I vote A, it doesn't matter what we do now anymore...

By the way, weren't the Necrontyr mindwiped and forced to serve the Star Gods as cyber-slaves (aka the whole point of being Necrons)?? Oh, and I say that Hax SHOULD NOT summon Deceiver, summoning him in front of a Lord inquisitor would be something retarded, like walking alone and unarmed to a place that's an obvious trap, oh wait...

PS: So the whole Tyrantine Cabal are heretics?? Good to know.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Why are you guys acting as though our temporary alliance with Chaos is our moral event horizon?
I'd like to remind you all that up until this point we've been EATING people and consuming their souls in order to feed a malevolent voice in our head.
We ate a Librarian. Insane or not, he was still a man.
We allied ourself with a C'tan god, which is above and beyond treason.
For god's sake, up until this point, half of you guys have been chanting "DEVOUR THEIR SOUL" whenever presented the option to feed or not!
We've been damned since we first got the Halo device. This whole thing has just been one big "What will we do before we either blow our own brains out or become an inhuman eldritch abomination."

And we just avoided a certain death decision with Tzeentch, why would we do the exact same thing with the Deceiver?

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Jick_Magger_101 said:
For god's sake, up until this point, half of you guys have been chanting "DEVOUR THEIR SOUL" whenever presented the option to feed or not!

When you're confronted with the fact that the Codex doesn't know how to roleplay a 40k character and instead just LARPs a Bard with high charisma, all your reasonable votes being drowned in a sea of out-of-character dumbfuckery, the tendency to go full retard grows.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that we were doomed just because of the Halo device; even then we had a lot of choices that could have had a more important and positive impact. We've been fucking ourselves over step by step in almost every update. Conscripting mutants, giving the middle finger to the Tyrantine Cabal, conspiring against the Imperium, alienating ally after ally and now flip-flopping to Kayoss? It's gotten so hopeless that the Halo device has become our best bet of learning and surviving.

As for my vote, obviously it doesn't matter because A is unanimous already. But I suggest summoning the Deceiver as well for the next update. It's about time we set things straight and stop running from god to god. Actions speak louder than words, and we haven't actually done anything to anger the Deceiver yet, so an immediate death is unlikely. EDIT: It's unlikely that he even knows anything yet, FFS we just finished talking with the Fateweaver seconds ago and we were inside a Warp shroud for the duration - we could have said NO to the daemon for all the Deceiver knows.

PS - don't get butthurt, my anger wasn't directed at you.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Reject_666_6 said:
And don't kid yourself into thinking that we were doomed just because of the Halo device;
Never said we were doomed, just that no matter what choice we make, we're not gonna get out of it as a human, and/or a friend of the Imperium.
We potentially could have gotten out of this scott-free, but unless one huge Deus-Ex Machina got the device off of us, we were effectively a mutant/heretic/demon/general enemy of the Inquisition.
I mean, we've been completely screwed for ages now, might as well dig ourselves deeper.

Summon the deceiver after our meeting with the Inquisitor. Maybe we'll get a chance to stay with the Deceiver but make Chaos think we're with them (extreme double cross?). :M I feel like Chaos needs us a lot more than we need them. The Deceiver seems like he really is best equipped to deal with his brother, he knows quite a lot about the C'tan obviously and also knows a lot about the Blackstone fortresses, powerful weapons capable of destroying C'tan. Oh well.

Also, random question: what happens when followers of the blood god fight necrons? There's no blood...

oscar

Arcane
I like the Deceiver. His goal coincides pretty well with us (a steady, but minuscule in the big picture, supply of souls and stability for the Imperium). Tzeentch IS intellectual Chaos. Hopefully just because we agreed to talk with Tzeentch doesn't mean we're completely committed to him (though in any case Tzeentch winning is better then the Void Dragon winning).

So A and then summon the Deceiver for a little chat.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Summon D before we meet Caidin, even if it means we run a few minutes late.

Be honest with him and say: we allied with chaos, but we bear no ill will towards you unless you decide to go all butthurt about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom