Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Hoodoo

Arcane
flip flopping to resistance
unknown primarch sounds more juicy than anything eldar could have, autarch sounds like a dick too

lightbane

Arcane
The Loldar, I would like to see if lately they're more butthurt than usual.

PS: I liked the detail that the New Imperium may be even worse than the old one, if anyone had doubts before, now he doesn't.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The eldar cannot see the future any more, this means that they will not so easily backstab us for the skeins of fate can no longer reveal to them that it will be profitable for them many years or decades in the future. They will have to live and plan in the now which makes them a more trustworthy ally than ever before.

Send the eldar our aid

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Humanity should fight its own battles. We should not rely on the assistance of one Xenos god to get rid of another. I say that the Eldar should be left to fend for themselves while the five Primarchs plan for humanity's "salvation".

Prepare for own war

Esquilax

Arcane
I agree with Azael. This is a matter for man alone, and asking for help from xenos for a problem that is ours would be weak. Guys, we have to be firm on this - remember Act I.

So, I opt for B: Prepare for our own War.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:decline: of SPEEZ MAHREEN diplomacy.

You clearly don't remember what happened last time you pussyfooted around with the astartes.

B: Prepare for our own war

Jaedar said:
The eldar cannot see the future any more, this means that they will not so easily backstab us for the skeins of fate can no longer reveal to them that it will be profitable for them many years or decades in the future. They will have to live and plan in the now which makes them a more trustworthy ally than ever before.

Send the eldar our aid

This is perhaps the most weighty argument. Also, the eldar may know how to use the blackstone fortresses, which we will need to destroy a c'tan.

Also:
You clearly don't remember what happened last time you pussyfooted around with the astartes.
These astartes is kinda different - they have a former chaos prince among them, for one.

Not only that, but I think it is sort of ridiculous how that single time we were too little extreme, with the space marines, have defined our outlook on all our policies since then. Even when the entire Hax affair almost fucked us over by the opposite we wouldn't reconsider...

Seriously, that single event is like the foundation myth of codexian policies.

Also, voting to send support if it wasn't obvious already.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A. Send aid to the Eldar.

Then we can pick Eldar and try to make things go along well, if root allows us to do so.

Hoodoo

Arcane
B imo - give us more time to figure out whats goin on

We can always come and help them later.
Black Library and the Blackstone Fortress are probably going to be important though.

Baltika

Educated
---A---.

Help the eldar. We heard Magnus, the five primarchs together have very little manpower, hence we need all the support we can get. Plus TEH EMPRA wished an alliance with them at the very outset, only chaos and Horus screwed the whole thing over.

That, and eldar chicks are mighty fine.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Blackstone fortress or not, if the resistance is to topple the Void Dragon, it must rally any and all potential allies. While leaving the pointy-ears to their own devices might be satisfying, we'd be better off procuring their aid.

Voting A

Kayerts

Arcane
It makes sense that the other primarchs would bring Magnus on board. He has a great deal of experience fighting against a false emperor.

Choice-wise: Space marine diplomacy usually means saying a prayer after you gut the diplomat, but these are not ordinary space marines, and they are not shackled to blind zealotry. They've got a grand total of 10k-20k dudes, with which they are trying to unseat the most powerful force in the galaxy. They need some alliances, and Khaine-led Eldar can probably be relied on to hate Slaanesh and C'tan. A

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Still, remember that these are Primarchs who can remember a time when the Emperor was around. What was the Emperor's stance on the Eldar?

Xenos scum not to be trusted, or possible allies should they be able to stay their alien backstabbing ways?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Humanity shall stand on its own so B. Last time we trusted Xenos and mutants it ended badly.

Interesting choice to have a biological child of the emperor so close to him and be one of the unknown Primarchs. That would explain the awesomeness of Custodes.

Technically though, he shouldn't be counted as a Primarch as they were all supposed to be manufactured in a lab.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry for second post but some questions arose after more careful reading.

There are 5 people in the tent + 1 ghostly presence. They are:
Leman Russ
Vulkan
Magnus the Red
Warden of the Golden Throne - tall figure that stopped Magnus and Russ fighting
A Bit Shorter Than The Warden Yet Shapless Figure From Shadow That Made Magnus Black Out Who Is Also A Primarch
+
The spirit of the Emperor

So who is the mysterious figure exactly? Will we get some fluff on him? Or do you want to piss of many a fanboy and make it a female? :smug: (though you did wrote they are all sons there...)

Crimson King - besides being a nice reference is this a new name for the Reclusiah? And is there any significance in the reference?

Also, are you throwing away the part of lore that says the Emperor biological children have no warp presence at all? If yes then may we assume that The Warden is totally invisible in the warp and immune to any and all psychic attacks?

Azael said:
I'm more interested in the other Primarch. I wonder what kind of Space Marines were created from his geneseed...

Ehm... I'm interested in him too. Though if we take that The Warden is the Primarch of the Adeptus Custodes then it is possible that the other one is the Primarch of the Grey Knights. I'm basing this on the uncertainty of GK geneseed origin in the current lore. Some sources indicate that they come from a mix of the geneseeds of many primarchs, but having one of the unknowns be their "root" is more interesting. That guy must also be a strong psyker to make Magnus black out. And all GK are strong psykers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom