Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LeChuck's Revenge: SE

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ruprekt said:
The original graphics option in this special addition looks terrible. It's not scaled in any way.

I prefer it with high quality scaling in SCUMMVM tho.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a Frankenstein scummvm classic with voice acting version emerges. Plus, you'll get real MT-32 imuse not that cd audio crap.

:x

Seolas

Liturgist
It was pretty much a flawless remake. Lost none of the charm and the "new gen" controls were much better this time (hold right right click and use mouse wheel to go between talk/look/push/pull/use was easy).

It has a few new things like hints (if you press H like three times it literally tells you what to do) and highlight objects (which I managed to get the achievement for NOT using on Steam - btw there is also an achievement for using hints less than 10 times... I failed... some of the game was as hard to figure out now as it was when I was a kid in the days before walkthroughs and hints).

I wonder if MI3 will get a remake as the graphics for that still hold up fairly well.

made

Arcane
Played the review copy a bit; impressions:

- Looks simply amazing
- Hotkey to instantly switch between oldskool/nextgen gfx for comparison is a nice touch
- Music blows. Not sure which of the crappy PC renditions they used as a basis but I can barely make out the themes I got used to used to from the Amiga version which added so much to the game's atmosphere
- Speech sucks too; it's one of those cases where a lot of the potential humor is lost when narrated by unconvincing actors
- New UI works fine, mouse cursor crawls across the screen though for some reason

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom