Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Larp the Court of King Vale clumsily preparing a royal summit in Fit To Be A King

mondblut

Arcane
Mayhaps the goulde wouldst be better investede into a nevve and largee armie
Emphasis on new because the old captain clearly can't be trusted and should not be pardoned.
I have an idea: knight mondblut, Darth Roxor and me. Imagine an army lead by a jester, a ghost and a rat - surely it'll terrify any foe into immediate surrender!

The ghouste speakes vvyse. VVe shalt foole, scare and backstabbe thine enemie till he dropes dead as a rocke.

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bossman, I have a solution for the dog - bring him with you to a bear hunt in the forest south of here!
If he can bring a bear back, then save his life, else it's head goes on the block.
By the way I'll be keeping Volourn's head with the rest in my hut, if you don't mind.

Andnjord

Arcane
wbWVOtk.png
T'is a dark time when even a proud, godly warrior such as Strange Fellow is considered for execution. May the Divine forgive our realm for its sins.

wbWVOtk.png
I for one submit to this court that the ghost V_K must be held responsible for this dark turn of events, and that its immortal form should be banished for eternity and a day. If (R)eforming the Church is necessary for it to happen, then so be it. A church that allows such an evil spirit to haunt the Earth deserves no recognition.

wbWVOtk.png
Glory be to King Vale the Fifth, may his wisdom be protected from the evils of a court that is leading him astray!

I'm forgetting, but we did need to Reform to Jail/Execute the ghost, correct? If not, then forget about Reforming, I'm just a goober :D
If yes, then (R)eform with extreme prejudice! :outrage:

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Part VIII : The Man in the High Tower

So by a short majority I am finally going to explore the rampart...
... and there is not much to say.

I used the access next to the kitchen and went full circles around the rampart :

YQTT4x6.gif

There are some holes here and there in the rampart, you can see for instance one here

Ql5Mxks.png

They allowed me to reach some of the remaining "enclosed" area, like here :

aKzRw9Q.png

I escaped this one through another hole in the ground, which brought me in some unknown cave ...

JyvfaL4.png

... which connected through the Crypt by a couple fake walls :

MmkFGhw.png

Another one brought me on that small patch of land between the moat and the rampart :

lnQLrH9.png

But the most interesting was a ladder up, bringing me to the dungeon with a ladder going even higher

LDF5UpQ.png

... and there, a jail :

98TUiwc.png

nu8dkcS.png
A prisoner says : Oh, praise the gods! A visitor!
nu8dkcS.png
<name>I... I can't remember. Moistcloister maybe ?
nu8dkcS.png
<job> Your father put me here, to die in my rags I believe
nu8dkcS.png
<remember> I have been here so long... I barely remember my name.
nu8dkcS.png
<father> I wished your father would (Fo)rgive me, but perhaps you can
nu8dkcS.png
<forgive> Oh how I wish you would Forgive me for... whatever it was...
nu8dkcS.png
<rags> These rags are all I have
nu8dkcS.png
<summit> No mountain climbing for me, thanks

This done, I collect Taxes just to see what would happen :
nu8dkcS.png
<collect Taxes > But all I have is these rags

98TUiwc.png

Before testing a bit the new rags... well, the old rags newly acquired, I sent Knight Strange Fellow and Maxie to jail, as no decision had been taken about their fate. They are still one step from the axe, not two.

1UUupRr.png
<Jail> I'll march downstair then
qIbKYdr.png
<Jail> But I paid all my taxes !

I then went for a short visit to the prisoners, but they had little to say :

UfH4J0V.png

6jLRt0K.png

6uVOlJL.png

After that, I tested my new beggar uniform. I could change anytime, provided no one sees me :

u6AT14V.png

Disguised as a beggar, I went to talk to Blakemore's emissary, Kalin :

yMi3ne0.png

gxqTBUU.png
Jerkass got a point.

Really, no one could recognize me :

Ty21ZEn.png

e1FWwD7.png

u2nICfk.png

Interesting.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Decision dashboard up to #207

Exploration (reset each turn), decision at majority or plurality.

Village & outside the village : => Only option.

Politics - decision taken at +7 (edited from +10).
12 : Jail the town crier : Darth Roxxor (3), Vazha (3), Dayyalu(3), Andnjord(3)
6 : Knight Mondblut : V_K(3), Mondblut (3)
6 : Jail the dog : Mondblut (3) + execute results (3)
3 : Execute Tindrli : Mondblut (3), Andnjord (3), Darth Roxxor (3), do not Execute Vazha(-3),Forgive Tindrli : Dayyalu (-3)
3 : Knight Darth Roxxor : V_K(3)
3. Execute Vazha : V_K (3),but Azira(-3)
6. Knight the ghost : V_K(3), Ol'Wily
3 : Reform Religion : Azira (3), Andnjord(3) but Do not Reform : Dayyalu (-3),
0: Execute the dog : V_K (3), Helly(3) but Vazha (-3)Azira(-3),.
0. Execute Vazha : V_K (3),but Azira(-3) Rejected
-2 : Execute vs Strange Fellow [Confirmation]: Mondblut(3), V_K(+3),Major_Blackhart(1), Darth Roxxor(3) do not execute, Vazha(-3),Azira(-3) Forgive Kalerion (-3), Andnjord (-3)
-3 : Execute Azira : V_K (3) but Vazha(-3), Azira(-3),
-3 : Execute Andnjord : V_K (3) but Vazha(-3), Azira(-3),
-3 . Execute all dogs : V_K(3) but Vazha(-3) Azira(-3) :
-3 : Execute Kalerion : V_K(3) but Vazha(-3) Azira(-3) :
-3 : Knight Azira : Azira (3), do not Knight Dayyalu (-3), V_K(-3)
-5 : Execute Maxie [Confirmation] : Kalerion(3), Major_Blackhart(1) do not execute Andjord (-3),Vazha(-3) forgive&jail V_K(-3)
-6 : Execute Mondblut : do not execute Darth Roxxor (-3), Andjnord (-3)

What should I buy for the summit ?

7: Buy Monkey Costumes [1000gp] : Vazha (3), Ol'Wily (1), Andnjord(3)
3: Get Firebreathers (3)

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
As far as I can remember, the only person that can see through your disguise is Volourn, but... Yeah...
Wait you played that game ? I pick the most obscure game I could think off and someone played it ?

:rage:

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Sure, I bought it during the previous sale. Why do you think I chose the only character you can't execute :smug:
LOL. Finished it ? Because I haven’t. We long passed what I reached while I was testing.

I can still jail you.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
This is updating too fast, I lost an entire round of voting :lol:

*clears throat*

rxcidDK.png
And so, Queen Volourn passes into eternal glory. She won't be missed. Pope's feet that's a lot of money from the dowry, maybe we could.... didn't the Sultan say something if we martyr his daughter, though? But the idea of a dowry processing system is indeed attractive.

rxcidDK.png
[J]ail the town crier, fair King. Journalists and their ilk must be properly controlled and oppressed, it's through suffering that their skill improves. It's also time for proper investment, I suggest prioritizing the firebreathers above the monkey costumes. They're cheaper and they breathe fire. Fire. If only we could burn people instead of chopping their heads....

rxcidDK.png
Furthermore, this V_K fellow is growing .... a tad too chatty. How can a ghost, a clearly SATANIC apparition, have a vote? My King, we should work on ghost containment before it's too late. Surely there are other ways bar a heretical reformation to give the poor soul eternal rest?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
You should definitely knight the ghost. Then reform religion and make the dog a priest.

Someone thought that minstrel is going to give good advice?

Headless ghosts fill the halls
Shadow plays of grief and pain
Phantom speaks his final note
Tenants of the castle slain
Black cats will appear
As the witching hour nears
Lost souls will all be told
For a haunting we will go

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm not even anywhere near your kitchen. The filthy hound on the other hand... Let's just say I wouldn't put pissing into your mink past him.

Trivia time: the fireplace in a standard castle's kitchen also constituted the core of the entire structure's central heating system. So anywhere you go and spread your satanic transgressions, part of it will always end up in my kitchen. Scumbag.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
well if you keep communicating with other castle denizens and tossing your vote in on various matters, then clearly you haunt beyond the crypt as well

unless you want to say that you are staying there all the time and therefore should have no voting rights :troll:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Have it occurred to you that people might visit me for good company and sharing my wisdom from beyond the grave?

I clearly don't, and yet we are communicating right now... :philosoraptor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom