Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
2 of course.

I think this went pretty well. Apart from losing fate point I mean. And the arm - that kind of hurt. But in the process we have made our Shepard into the complete opposite of the late lieutenant, a good thing in my book. Plus if the Inquisitor really is uncorrupted this could still end well for us (after we do whatever he wants us for he might find us too useful to just get rid off - maybe unlikely, but possible).

1 is suicide.

Uncorrupted might be up for discussion, he most likely isn't, but if he's still in control of himself we might make it out alive and maybe even turn this into a Let's LARP Dark Heresy thread instead :M

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Of course I vote one.... this is 41 Milenium so pragmatic choices will lead us to buttrape and corruphsion.... Of course If you would tell me we're going to play it as collargrabing Commander Shaffer we could rescue our bros from rafinery. And btw Root told us we won't be accepted into =I= so stop sucking his power armored cock.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Losing a fate point to slay Hellghasts and make it out alive instead of running away seems fine to me. Before we chose to avoid situations like these, which is smart. But when you're in them running away is just cowardly and not worthy of the Steel Legion, nor the Imperium. The Emperor protects.

If the Inquisitor wanted us dead, he simply wouldn't have attacked our super-mutant friend and be done with it. I hardly think that attacking him would make any difference anyway, since we're wounded, our mutant friends are of no worth and we just managed to get out of two shitty situations alive with a bunch of people in our back (that most likely are getting killed no matter what) and I firmly believe that the third time ain't a charm. So for me it's 2. We decided to not shoot him the first time, and the little mind games these fucking Inquisition bastards play shouldn't change that, it's normal. Unless root put another blank (but there is no indication of that) into our midst, then that could change the outcome of the fight :M

Zaan

Novice
2) We didn't shoot the Inquisitor before, so it's obvious we shouldn't do it now. He's just a well intended radical and we should support him.

Also so much glorious butthurt in this thread. I still think that fighting hellghast wasn't the EXTREME option, both choices were quite even, running the blackhold wounded and alone not knowing the layout could be just as suicidal as fighting hellghast.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
As far as we know this inquisitor deals with chaos, framed us and then left us to die. Not attacking him now would be against our characters character and, if it turns out this inquisitor is actually a bro, a moment of weakness that would make us look like a spineless heretic.

We know our duty and we must do it. May the Emperor have mercy on our soul.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Do we know he deals with chaos? As far as I remember, we don't. We saw him be radical back on 31-12, were he got into contact with that black sludge stuff. But we don't know if it had any affiliation with chaos whatsoever. In fact, we saw Cultists, and we can guess that there were some Nurgle-Daemons aswell, but they got killed by either our plasma warheads, or whatever it is that causes the rain to be that toxic and lethal. =I= would have told us if it was of chaotic origin, but he didn't, most likely meaning it is something best kept unknown to the normal guy.
They do this all the time, and the only people having a general knowledge of all the enemies of the imperium are commisars and the Inquisition. The fact that he was trying to get rid of us, if just for a few hours/day, however long we actually travelled through the black hold, tells us one thing, which we knew beforehand: He's an Inquisitor. They do this stuff all the time, and noone really cares much since they are beyond the chain of command. Something sinister is going on down there and the only one who knows what it is we're fighting, is the one guy you wanna shoot because he MIGHT be tainted, and that after we just walked out of a black hold alive, with 6 mutant friends, yet you expect to live through all of this after shooting him, because we can tell on him. Doesn't really sound coherent to me.

lightbane

Arcane
Alright, changing my vote (check my previous post) as we won't make it out of the Black Holds. Hopefully our next character will be a badass, tough-as-(iron) nails Techpriest.

ironyuri

Wen didn't go into the hive city because we don't get to redo our previous choices. There's no reason to suddenly attack the =I=.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Men, attack !
SAM_2238.jpg

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
The guy infected himself, then used sorcery to make it look like we were infected, thats Chaos enough in a guardsmens book I think. He pretty much damned us to vivisection in a Medicae Bay.

Hopefully there's more going on than we know and after witnessing our valour he is merciful to us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The guy infected himself, then used sorcery to make it look like we were infected, thats Chaos enough in a guardsmens book I think. He pretty much damned us to vivisection in a Medicae Bay.

Hopefully there's more going on than we know and after witnessing our valour he is merciful to us.

Sounds like standard Inquisitor for SCIENCE! operating procedure, those =I= peeps are real cunts with or without Chaos.

I really don't get the point in shooting him now. Clearly he doesn't want us dead (at least not right now). Like Saark said, if he wanted us dead all he had to do was wait a few seconds. Just open the door, look around, say "Oh, you're getting eaten right now. Sorry to bother you." and close the door back. But instead he saves us, so this was clearly a twisted test of some kind. Which we are not going to pass if we try (and fail) to kill him now instead of doing as he tells us. And even if by some miracle we survive attacking him (yeah, right), what then - we go to the general and tell him we killed the Inquisitor because we suspected he might be corrupted by something? Yeah, that's going to end well.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I just don't think it's worth attacking him out of sheer pragmatism. Schäfer's just barely survived two consecutive battles against a witch and Hullghasts, he's gotten the shit kicked out of him, his uniform's been reduced to rags, his muscles' spastic and his ribs smashed, all he's got is a barely-working eviscerator, and, oh yeah he's missing a fucking arm. We are not in the position to either run (frankly, I'm amazed he hasn't dropped already from shock and blood loss), or fight (our increased mental resilience will not save us from hellgun shots, and what exactly will we do to the =I=? Bleed on him? He won't exactly let us cut him in half, especially after we loudly announce our intention to do so), so all we can do is die in vain or go along with him.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Option 1 dosn't have to end with anyone dead. If the inquisitor is really here to save us and this was all a test or whatever then he should be able to understand if were a little angry at being framed, losing our arm and having our ribs broken all while narrowly escaping death. IMO we dont pose a threat at all to the inquisitor atm, he just strolled through a sealed bulkhead and fried the shit out of some hulking monstrosity. The only threat here is damnation.

Alex

Arcane
I vote option 1 as well. The inquisitor has shown he can't be trusted at all (like this is a surprise). Obviously, he has things under control, and waiting will only allow him to get us in an even worse position. At least here we have the sergeant with us.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, I personally don't think either of these choices will get us killed immediately. I fear more for the rest of the mutant-squad and our sargeant, since I honestly don't believe that the Inquisitior is going to let these guys live when they just attack him on our order. Then again, he might respect that. The real problem here is, that basically all Inquisitors are nutbags with a clearance from the emperor himself, and are totally unpredictable. That means, trying to get into their reason of thinking is nigh impossible. He might respect our need to shoot him since we believe him to be tainted, but he might also take it personally and shoot is in the back after telling us to "go ahead". What I simply don't get is why we would want to shoot him now, when we didn't shoot him back down on 31-12. Nothing has changed, except for the whole framing case, which even we as a private should know is a Thursday for the Inquisition. It just doesn't stuck me as in character anymore, and we actually have established some sort of character with Mr. Schäfer now, in contrast to our late lieutenant.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
wanted to shoot him on the planet, want to shoot him now. And faggot voters are gonna pussy out of glorious slaughter again :(

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
2) FLIPPU FLOPPU

:salute:

Agern was expecting Schafer. Agern has also probably considered the chance that Schafer may attack him. The only surprise here is the Witchesbane, but that only protects against psychic assault. Warp sorcery is another matter, no?
It's technically the same thing. Just sorcery can be used to channel the warp by people without innate psychic powers and is a lot more ritualized, heretical, unstable and totally not worth it at all. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, attacking now is suicide. I know rootbro said that we won't be with the =I= (you naughty cockblock, you), so our best chance is to fuck him before he fucks us. And trying to swing a GODDAMN, TWO-HANDED, HEAVY-AS-FUCK AND BARELY FUNCTIONING EVISCERATOR will get US fucked before we can fuck him. Doesn't get more simple than that.

Besides, Saark's right. He may be a two-bit backstabbing bastard, but I really doubt that he's corrupted, and this was all a very tough, unnecessarily cruel and fucked-up test. For what, I don't know. Otherwise, he would not have saved us.

Alex

Arcane
I dunno, I think the inquisitor will do things worse than death to us, if we don't attack now. Are we going to die? I don't know, but even if we are, I think it beats the alternative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom