Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Nu-Testament's armpit is too much

This Testament conversation is fucking stupid. Testament’s sprite in the first Guilty Gear game.

testament-stance-fix.gif

Some build as in -Strive-. Which is actually kind of interesting, because it’s everyone got thicker when Guilty Gear moved over to Unreal Engine from sprites.

Testament’s muscles are being brought up, but his sprites never had abs like some of the official art does. And I say some because the official art draw Testament all different kinds of ways. Sometimes he’s muscular but wiry, sometimes he’s totally jacked, and sometimes he’s like his sprite and what they went with for -Strive-.

Testament was always an androgynous girlish looking guy.

testament-guilty-gearx-bible-art.jpg

FOT2DTnVcAYbQFu

Anonona

Learned
These are not the same thing.
Agreed. If you told me nu-Testament was a new character with the same moveset and design motifs but female, I would have believed it. Hell, I saw the reveal trailer in Japanese and at first I really thought that was the idea until it was revealed that yes, it was in fact Testament. Just look at the proportions.

Old-and-New-Testament-proportions.png

Even in the image of the bible is easy to see that, even if he was androgynous, he still had a mostly male form.

Old-Testament-Bible.jpg

To this we have to add the fuckery with the his voice in Strive. For some reason the Japanese version is female (although with the dual effect it has I guess they were trying to go for the androginous theme) and the English version is male. And then is the fact that his japanese voice in GG:AC was clearly male. Sure, in another timeline we could have just say it was a result of Daisuke's autism with the character, but after changing the iconic victory pose of I-no to a tamer one and the fiasco with Bridget's retcons, I think Testament's changes are just a way to gain brownies points despite fucking the character aesthetics; from creepy gay metalhead with a scythe to a Hot-topic reject which I don't know if it was created to pander to trannies, waifufags or both.

Now if it is worse than what they did to Guy in SF6, I can't say. Is bad, but being replaced by a nigglet is fucking horrible.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
To this we have to add the fuckery with the his voice in Strive. For some reason the Japanese version is female (although with the dual effect it has I guess they were trying to go for the androginous theme) and the English version is male. And then is the fact that his japanese voice in GG:AC was clearly male. Sure, in another timeline we could have just say it was a result of Daisuke's autism with the character, but after changing the iconic victory pose of I-no to a tamer one and the fiasco with Bridget's retcons, I think Testament's changes are just a way to gain brownies points despite fucking the character aesthetics; from creepy gay metalhead with a scythe to a Hot-topic reject which I don't know if it was created to pander to trannies, waifufags or both.
You're playing an anime fighting game. You were always 1 toe in the deep end to begin with. Characters like Bridget were clearly fetish fodder and this dude doesn't look much better. As gay as Poison is, at least in Street fighter and final fight (s)he (I don't fucking know) it was basically ignored then used as a joke. It wasn't a primary character trait like Bridget's whole deal is. I remember when GG first came out and how many weird autistic guys I saw immediately latched onto Bridget and started to project onto him. I've never seen any one project onto Poison in any positive way (they go for Juri for some reason?). GG was always waifufag pandering to the autists jacking it to booru sites.

GGX was a pretty cool game back in the day, I played it a lot at the arcade and at home.

Faggotry is definitely a more recent thing.

Anonona

Learned
GG was always waifufag pandering to the autists jacking it to booru sites.
It was, but it pandered to weaboos and those that liked the heavy metal combined with anime aesthetics. Even shit like Bridget was played mostly for shit and giggles (Johnny mistaking him for a real girl in one of the endings is a very famous moment). Also a good reminder that Bridget wasn't even a faggot, he didn't like being hit by men (see the mentioned ending), while characters like Jam commented on how they would totally be into him if he was older.

"Ah! I know this smell! You're a boy, right!? Come and see me in five years!" - Jam's winquote against Bridget in GG:AC X

So while it was pandering and full of weirdos, it wasn't until later than Daisuke went full retard and completely started pandering to trannies, changing the game at all levels, both mechanically and aesthetically, and giving the middle finger to the original audience.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
GG was always waifufag pandering to the autists jacking it to booru sites.
It was, but it pandered to weaboos and those that liked the heavy metal combined with anime aesthetics. Even shit like Bridget was played mostly for shit and giggles (Johnny mistaking him for a real girl in one of the endings is a very famous moment). Also a good reminder that Bridget wasn't even a faggot, he didn't like being hit by men (see the mentioned ending), while characters like Jam commented on how they would totally be into him if he was older.

"Ah! I know this smell! You're a boy, right!? Come and see me in five years!" - Jam's winquote against Bridget in GG:AC X

So while it was pandering and full of weirdos, it wasn't until later than Daisuke went full retard and completely started pandering to trannies, changing the game at all levels, both mechanically and aesthetically, and giving the middle finger to the original audience.
Comedy is the gate way to degeneracy It starts with "haha he's a fag" and becomes "IT'S MA'AM!" Bridget was never acceptable and it always attracted the worst kind of people. He appealed to cross dressing pedophiles and that's exactly who the game is still pandering to. It's just more open now.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
It's a dumb discussion, if you can't see the clear shift from cool "oldschool" anime to ghey weeb shit concerning GG, you're just a retard no ifs ands or buts.

Latro

Arcane
Anyways, I picked up under night in birth in anticipation for the rollback sequel and I’m very impressed. Take melty blood and give it a more conventional SF-ish neutral and the game is pretty fun and interesting. Be warned there is still degenerate anime tranny pressure/setplay in this game, but the GRD mechanics rewards you for great defense.
Also has command inputs for KOF esque hops/3s universal overheads so I feel at home with the offense in this game. Uni2 is going all in with the anime KOF feel by adding in rolls too

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Tekken 8 demo is gay as shit. But hey, at least I know that the game will still run fine on my hardware.

Jason Liang

Arcane
KoF XV seems to finally be well-balanced at the top level now.

Great semifinals match between MadKoF and Lacid ^ ^

deama

Prophet
Are there any good recent fighting games that go to 120fps? I just got sf6 but had to refund it cause I found out it's capped at 60fps for some reason.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are there any good recent fighting games that go to 120fps? I just got sf6 but had to refund it cause I found out it's capped at 60fps for some reason.
The moves in fighting games need fixed frame durations and perfect stable framerate to be playable. Without exact timing you can´t execute combos or playing the game beyond spamming buttons otherwise.

You need to fix some frame rate. 60 is better than 120 to ensure that the majority of people don´t get drops below.

deama

Prophet
The moves in fighting games need fixed frame durations and perfect stable framerate to be playable. Without exact timing you can´t execute combos or playing the game beyond spamming buttons otherwise.

You need to fix some frame rate. 60 is better than 120 to ensure that the majority of people don´t get drops below.
Are there any good recent fighting games that go to 120fps?
There's no such thing.

for some reason.
Yeah, no one knows, it's not like moves have frames or anything...
Can't they just tie that stuff to actual time segments instead of framerate? Otherwise what's the point in making them in 3d? Wouldn't it be easier to make them in 2D so the animations are clearer?

deama

Prophet
Can't they just tie that stuff to actual time segments instead of framerate?
Seems like reinventing the wheel.
Otherwise what's the point in making them in 3d?
What? What has being 3D to do with anything? Tekken has the same kind of framedata (startup, recovery, active frames etc) as any other 2D game...
I was on about animations, with 3D you can render depending on the framerate, in 2D you have a set amount of animation clips that you display and either have to display for 10 frames or 5 frames or whatever depending on your framerate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom