Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Knights of the Chalice 2 with Pink Eye

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just use your Sirocco scroll, or Holy Word, or Greater Ice Storm, or Cone of Cold... kill the eastern goblins fast, use their room for cover while you keep the left goblins confused or energy walled.

The king has low HP so you can just nuke him from afar with damage spells.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just use your Sirocco scroll, or Holy Word, or Greater Ice Storm, or Cone of Cold... kill the eastern goblins fast, use their room for cover while you keep the left goblins confused or energy walled.

The king has low HP so you can just nuke him from afar with damage spells.
>Kill the eastern goblins fast, use their room for cover
Oh. I didn't think about using the eastern room for cover. I mainly held my back to the wall. While spamming confusion, holy word, chaos, and pandemonium. I guess fighting two fronts was a terrible idea then, lol.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Oh dear. I was so close to defeating Goblin King. My samurai managed to hold on for so long.
oqaPScb.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
So I went ahead and restarted with a different party.
1) Monk - Human
2) Samurai - Human
3) Psionicist - Elf
4) Cleric - Human
5) Wizard - Elf
6) Barbarian - Human

Everyone has toughness. A high CON, and improved initiative. Let's see how far this party goes. Last party had a unfun time with goblin king. But that was due to me not having a dedicated spellcaster. Turns out mage knight was not good. But it was doing okay in the early levels.

Mortmal

Arcane
The goblins sell it at chapter 2, right?
Yeah. Seem to remember to it being really fucking expensive. Gotta be good on a monk tho.
If you want to buy the great items , you wont have enough gold to level up, if you craft you lose xp , you cant afford that . When you create your party you dont know what kind of wepaons will drop but you select proficiency anyway . Turns out i found no reach weapons at all, weapons with elemental damage were subpar, too bad for the knight mage. best i found so far are shortsword +3 when most weapon are +1 ,no one in party use shortsword , longsword but holy ones no good elemental, flails and warhammer.

So by default its not worth getting a monk, theres no drop for him.If the summoner and necromancer class are implemented one day they wont be optimal either as permament summons cost xp.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The goblins sell it at chapter 2, right?
Yeah. Seem to remember to it being really fucking expensive. Gotta be good on a monk tho.
If you want to buy the great items , you wont have enough gold to level up, if you craft you lose xp , you cant afford that . When you create your party you dont know what kind of wepaons will drop but you select proficiency anyway . Turns out i found no reach weapons at all, weapons with elemental damage were subpar, too bad for the knight mage. best i found so far are shortsword +3 when most weapon are +1 ,no one in party use shortsword , longsword but holy ones no good elemental, flails and warhammer.

So by default its not worth getting a monk, theres no drop for him.If the summoner and necromancer class are implemented one day they wont be optimal either as permament summons cost xp.

Permanent summons take a character slot, even if they didn't cost xp, I wonder if they are worth it

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
BlueSalamander Is this working as intended? Or am I missing something?
Monk gets bonus AC from WIS stat. At least that's how it works in Pathfinder. If it's different here, let me know. Because I am very rusty with this rule set. Haven't played in it for years. Anyways, So here, I equip a helmet that gives me bonus WIS. However, my AC doesn't increase.
Before:
P5OI4jj.png

After
eS1RmQ2.png

No increase to AC from helmet. Again, if I am missing something, please me know. Otherwise this is irritating to say the least.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
There appears to be a bug here. If my barbarian attempts to jump over the blue pit. No dialogue between the goblins occurs, thus preventing me from fighting the goblins.
See:
sAQOmlI.png
lt6GtWp.png

I will try paying the bird person 500 gold to fly me across, and see if that works.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Looks like I've found myself in a crash loop. Attempting to climb the ladder that is in the tomb. Then finishing the fight that occurs when you send two people up the ladder. Results in crashing. So far I've gotten about 5 or 10 crashes. Will continue repeating the fight and seeing if I get lucky.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks like I've found myself in a crash loop. Attempting to climb the ladder that is in the tomb. Then finishing the fight that occurs when you send two people up the ladder. Results in crashing. So far I've gotten about 5 or 10 crashes. Will continue repeating the fight and seeing if I get lucky.
It's the same as the cultists and the pool. Start the game. AltF4. Do the fight. Then it will load. ... Sometimes. I had to try 4 times on my latest party.

And yeah, that's bullshit.

Tweed good intel

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
It's the same as the cultists and the pool. Start the game. AltF4. Do the fight. Then it will load. ... Sometimes. I had to try 4 times on my latest party.

And yeah, that's bullshit.

Tweed good intel
Huzzah! Thank you! That did the trick.
5RHC85B.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The party has managed to destroy the Efreeti. Good fuck was that amazing.
T3d48Bq.png

Tomb cleared. Now to figure out how I am going to tackle the goblin king.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom