Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
10.jpg

Look at that smug bastard, going away with the book all :smug: while friendly fire claims the lives of everyone outside :x

Roxorowski's brother Roxorowicz volunteers to blow up some more corpses : x

Gate of Storms

Friday October 10, Madrigal

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

First this boogey men bullshit and now Alric is shitting his pants because of some old woman? 'Oh, I'm off to play a grand piano..'

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

HOLY FUCK THEY ARE REAL!

UO0001.jpg

And they be a-rapin'

UO0003.jpg

We have survivor of rape-fest and it's Imperator!

UO0004.jpg

Imperator... I'm disappoint.

UO0005.jpg

Oh, whole fucking garrison got slaughtered but mr. Majesty is like "I got this!"...

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Daaaaamn.

UO0009.jpg

We can forgive Imperator for this moment of weakness, he is wounded and he jast saw whole garrison getting raped by monkeys with claws and nasty, big, pointy teeth!

1.jpg

Joka, Hoodoo and Ovg are finally back, they have two battles and couple kills under their belt so they should be much better than normal warriors. They are responsible of training two new recruits - Hoverdog and KickAss, and surviving Myrkridia onslaught is their training. Welcome to the Legion.

2.jpg

And we have bowman Mrowaksu. Unfortunately Sergiu65 died in wight explosion at the end of last mission.

Now we have to form a defensive line a start our Amazing Journey.

1.jpg

We are not ready yet you goddamn beasts. I thought about some satchel charges but we don't have time for that.

1787514-mythiimyridia_skulls.png

Myrkridia is long-gone race of I Don't Even that almost made humans extinct. They were trapped inside the Tain by hero named Connacht around thousand years ago. Connacht then turned into Evul Balor that we stopped during TFL events thanks to Myrkridia Banner we've found inside the Tain. Fallen Lords and Balor retained some of memories of their former incarnations and in case of Balor it was hatred of Myrkridia. So it doesn't really make fucking sense that Soulblighter summoned those beasts because this guy don't seem to have will or ideas of his own, he just did what Balor told him to do (and did it badly to be honest). Soulblighter is least interesting fallen lord in my opinion but he is only survivor so it's no wonder that sequel is about him.

2.jpg

Bowmen! target one monkey, they go apeshit and attack whatever is close to them if they are wounded badly enough!

3.jpg

You didn't wounded any of them enough, which is not surprising since they are best "normal" (Giants and Heroes excluded) melee unit.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nice! but that's all we could do and now we must charge.

6.jpg

There is only three of them left but still, charging Myrkridia with warriors is like charging meat grinder with penis, it fucking hurts no matter how many dicks you have.

7.jpg

8.jpg

But we did it and lost only one penis warrior.

9.jpg

There is some of them behind us so we are going to run away like real heroes.

1.jpg

Or we won't because we are surrounded.

2.jpg

Codexers are on our left flank and it looks like they will have to fight one monkey without dorf support.

3.jpg

More is coming but we have Alric there. Alric is not... in his best form yet but he should be able to deal with one or two Myrkridia.

4.jpg

Codexers are lucky as hell and "their" Myrkridia went berserk.

5.jpg

6.jpg

I left three warriors in the back as Alric's bodyguard so they should help with stopping monkeys behind us.

7.jpg

Alric have another Myrkridia to deal with so he can't help them. WE have to do something about it and we shall do what every hero would do in our place...

8.jpg

We are going to throw bombs at Alric's bodyguards and hope that it will hurt Myrkridia a little.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Ok, Alric chopped them to pieces and we can start looking for our ship.

1.jpg

Which means we will make five steps and get attacked again.

2.jpg

Git em your majesty!

3.jpg

Hoverdog is tanking Myrkridia so we better get him out of there because that's certain death for him.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Great, we have to fight them because we can stumble on more Myrkridia if we decide to run away and we will be surrounded then. But Alric is extremely resistant to Lightning (As he proved in Balor's Keep) so this should be easy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Slash!

5.jpg

Ok, Alric is busy and we don't have a tank here.

6.jpg

And they are charging downhill so our dwarfs may have a problem.

7.jpg

Now, warriors have to do their job.

8.jpg

9.jpg

I'm proud of you guys.

10.jpg

We healed Alric and we can continue. There are reinforcements on this map. I don't remember where so we will have to look for them. We need every new warriors because our wounded are shit out of luck, Mandrake Roots are for Alric.

1.jpg

Well, that was quick!

2.jpg

Welcome aboard guys!

3.jpg

Unfortunately they brought some friends with them.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

KickAss! NOOOOO! (But we gained three warriors and lost only one :M )

1.jpg

They will pay for this barbarism!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wooo! Awesome!

4.jpg

I think we annoyed Myrkridia by destroying their "skull platform".

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

NOOOO! You stupid dwarf...

8.jpg

Fortunately bomb didn't go off.

9.jpg

We are losing soldiers but rest is enduring and in enduring grow strong.

1.jpg

MOAR!

2.jpg

3.jpg

But nothing is free in this game and we have to fight for those guys.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

No one died. We are getting better and better. This time our bowmen did great job and managed to damage two Myrkridia enough for them to go apeshit and their in-fighting helped us a lot.

1.jpg

I didn't noticed those guys until it was too late.

2.jpg

We have horde of warriors but those Myrkridias are at full health so we have to be prepared for some casualties.

3.jpg

Actually, we've lost only two guys.

4.jpg

We are getting near to where this massacre we saw in the beginning took place and that's just few steps from the docks.

5.jpg

Thanks to Alric's anti-lightning hax those guys should not be a problem but there is large group of Myrkridia patrolling this area.

6.jpg

One bowman died, that's unfortunate because they just stopped sucking balls.

7.jpg

And now we will wait for a while to see if this large patrol is coming because I would rather not have them behind us.

1.jpg

Those are not Myrkridias I was thinking about.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Three monkeys decided to target Ovg which is bad for Ovg but good for everyone else.

4.jpg

I tried to save him but those bastards are too fast.

5.jpg

Then two more warriors died and now we have just charge through town center into the docks.

1.jpg

Ok, those are Myrkridia I was thinking about. Alric, get back, you have shit to do.

2.jpg

Dispersal Dream awww yiiis.

3.jpg

And this is not even his final form... one monkey survived but Alric will just solo it and we can deal with fetch/soulless squad.

1.jpg

2.jpg

We raped them not losing anyone and now we must make our way to the ship.

3.jpg

Suck it!

4.jpg

POOF!

5.jpg

MAKE WAY FOR HIS MAJESTY!

6.jpg

POOF! Ok, we used all our Dispersal Dreams.

7.jpg

It would be very not Myth-like if there would be no one last surprise.

8.jpg

But we are getting on this ship no matter what.

9.jpg

And fucking monkeys won't stop us.

10.jpg

We've lost a dorf. He was non-codexer so no big deal (Maybe it will make room for DraQMini to join us in next missions).

11.jpg

As we were boarding the ship, some floating old lady entered Madrigal's docks...

12.jpg

Smug king is smug and kingly.

DraQ

Arcane
We can forgive Imperator for this moment of weakness, he is wounded and he jast saw whole garrison getting raped by monkeys with claws and nasty, big, pointy teeth!
I think they are better described as werewolf/orc hybrids in term of looks and werewolf/RIP AND TEAR! hybrids in terms of everything else.
Growing some extra RIP AND TEAR! when they are pissed.

More pissed than usual, that is.

Unfortunately Sergiu65 died in wight explosion at the end of last mission.
So you could say that his shooting everyone in the back has finally...
:yeah:
...backfired.

Myrkridia is long-gone race of I Don't Even
Also a fitting description.
So it doesn't really make fucking sense that Soulblighter summoned those beasts because this guy don't seem to have will or ideas of his own, he just did what Balor told him to do (and did it badly to be honest).
Well, he no longer has to worry about Balor's disapproval.

There is only three of them left but still, charging Myrkridia with warriors is like charging meat grinder with penis, it fucking hurts no matter how many dicks you have.
:lol: :salute:

But we did it and lost only one penis warrior.
And now I understand why they have those conical helms. My life is now complete.

1.jpg

They will pay for this barbarism!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wooo! Awesome!
Dorfs. Dorfs never change.
:lol: :salute:

7.jpg

NOOOO! You stupid dwarf...
:troll:

Fortunately bomb didn't go off.
:dance:

Ovg

Cipher
Can I become another warrior called Fat Boobs?

But at least I sacrificed myself to save fellow codexers :salute:

Dayum, will we be seeing moar of king's kickass action?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Oh lord, I remember playing this game so many years ago. Good stuff, very good stuff.
So yeah, hire me! I dont mind which unit, so it can by anything you want.

Landing at White Falls

Sunday November 16, Near White Falls

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

We arrived at White Falls and Vigilance apparently made small detour to get some more soldiers because our Codexerks and DraQMini are here.

2.jpg

This mission is timed, we have to get to the fort and kill two cannon crews before our ship got hit three times. I was never fan of this mission but I don't actively dislike it like The Baron and... other "puzzle mission" (It's a mystery).

3.jpg

SmartCheetah joined us, fresh from Gower and without any experience but Berserkers are always useful. It's actually hard to tell if they are "overall" better than warriors, they are much faster and that's single most important "stat" in Myth games. They should have lower staying power because of lack of shield and armor but they attack so fast that most enemies can't even retaliate (and those who don't get stunlocked will kill both 'zerk and warrior in one hit anyway).

4.jpg

But let's not get carried away, we got shit to do here.

5.jpg

We will fuck around with those thralls by using dorfs but after that we will simply rush every enemy because I don't remember exactly how much time we have here.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Ok, now we must start moving.

1.jpg

I'm afraid we can't really rush Soulless on high ground so we have to enter dancing competition.

2.jpg

Meanwhile, DraQMini will cover our backs. He don't have experienced of Ivoldi or Tindrli but he's good for what he is

3.jpg

4.jpg

Well, that was stupid of me. But this time, no take backsies. I'm not Iron Man'ing missions in Myth because I'm not good enough to do it even on normal but I take 3-6 screenshots and then make a save game to keep savescumming at absolute minimum (and that's why some of you had rather anti-climatic deaths, you were just unlucky to die shortly before I had to save game). Savescumming is worst sin LP'er can commit but I also remember almost abandoning my SotHR LP during "shaman flying on some green shit" mission, so I keep backup saves in case shit goes really bad.

5.jpg

Now it's NightGoat's turn. I will send him some help in form of two more berserkers in case more Soulless leave their high ground.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Archer died, in-game hints for this mission said to keep wounded archers in the back and heal them, but I think those hints are full of shit and we need berserkers in this mission, not bowmen.

8.jpg

Now we will heal 'zerks that are in worst shape because there is no Alric in this mission to eat all our mandrake roots (well, he actually is in this mission, but we don't control him).

1.jpg

We are near the fort and some undead decided to welcome us.

2.jpg

We are going to rush soulless with 'zerks becaus we ain't got time for dat.

3.jpg

Ghols... let me guess, they have wight pieces?

4.jpg

Sure they do.

5.jpg

Storyfag! DODGE!

6.jpg

He managed to survive but we lost one non-codexian berserker.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Oh hai. NightGoat decided to charge thralls but I told him to calm the fuck down.

9.jpg

Because that's a job for dorfs.

1.jpg

RECIEVE THINE POUNDING!

2.jpg

We soften them a little and now berserkers can finish them off.

3.jpg

Thralls on our right are dead so we can move on.

4.jpg

Seriously, already? damn.

1.jpg

And we still can't rush to the fort because we have shit behind us.

2.jpg

3.jpg

We've lost another archer.

4.jpg

And wight-chucking Ghols arrived.

5.jpg

And our dwarf assploded yet another archer.

6.jpg

But our berserkers are reaching highest levels of badassery, slashing Ghols left and right while constantly dodging flying wight pieces.

7.jpg

We killed most of them and now we must try to get into the fort.

1.jpg

DraQ and his merry company of shit-chuckers will cover us.

3.jpg

We are under fire from the walls but there is nothing we can do about it.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Oh, great. Couldn't fucking Vigilance just sail away while we do this shit?

6.jpg

That's what we just needed man, goddamn fetch.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Someone is fucked.

11.jpg

Berserker died but our brave dorf assploded another fetch.

12.jpg

Goodnight sweet prince.

13.jpg

Ok, entrance is sort-of-not-really clear, our berserkers now have to RUN...

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Boxer met his end as javelin-pillow before he managed to reach ramp leading to cannon.

18.jpg

THEN JUST CHOP THEM YOU TAFFER!

19.jpg

Meanwhile, second berserker group is zig-zaging through thralls.

20.jpg

Storyfag and NightGoat did their job, but there is no hope for them and they know it. They decided to take few Soulles with them.

21.jpg

Brave Fag of Many Stories was finally brought down by forces of darkness.

22.jpg

And second group must now dodge wight pieces and Ghols.

23.jpg

Then NightGoat died, but he took two soulles with him.

24.jpg

25.jpg

We silenced both cannons but berserkers died, all of them.

26.jpg

FOR KING AND COUNTRY!

27.jpg

Oh, those two guys from the second group survived.

Where is the head from the first game?

I don't think it was ever explained what happened with the Head. All I remember is that civil war broken out in Madrigal between Head followers and those who opposed after Legion crossed the Cloudspine. I'm not sure but I'm betting it was destroyed during civil war or after Alric took Madrigal back (And I'm ignoring MumboJumbo's explanation of the Head here because it made the Head huge, gaping plot hole).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I don't think it was ever explained what happened with the Head. All I remember is that civil war broken out in Madrigal between Head followers and those who opposed after Legion crossed the Cloudspine. I'm not sure but I'm betting it was destroyed during civil war or after Alric took Madrigal back (And I'm ignoring MumboJumbo's explanation of the Head here because it made the Head huge, gaping plot hole).

The Head was always a huge gaping plot hole.

With the release of Myth 3, the community expected an answer to all the questions left unanswered by Bungie. The hype had built up the idea that Mumbo Jumbo were writing the story with the aid of magical design documents, given to them by Bungie so that anything in The Wolf Age would be the Tru7h.

The fact is, this turned out not to be so true and the infamous design docs were revealed to be nothing more than a pizza box with phrases such as "Small children who save the world are lame" sketched all over it. In other words, there was no bible of Myth lore to speak of and the story resided entirely within the game creators' imaginations.

MumboJumbo's explaination is perfectly suitable, given what they had to work with. The problem, naturally, is that they chose to "reveal" the origins in the first place.

The Head was always a huge gaping plot hole.

With the release of Myth 3, the community expected an answer to all the questions left unanswered by Bungie. The hype had built up the idea that Mumbo Jumbo were writing the story with the aid of magical design documents, given to them by Bungie so that anything in The Wolf Age would be the Tru7h.

The fact is, this turned out not to be so true and the infamous design docs were revealed to be nothing more than a pizza box with phrases such as "Small children who save the world are lame" sketched all over it. In other words, there was no bible of Myth lore to speak of and the story resided entirely within the game creators' imaginations.

MumboJumbo's explaination is perfectly suitable, given what they had to work with. The problem, naturally, is that they chose to "reveal" the origins in the first place.

I'm not entirely sure I remember MumboJumbo's explanation right, so I may be simply making stuff up but:

*HUGE FUCKING SPOILER*

If the Head is Moagim, that would mean there are two levelers at the same place and at the same time and I don't think it should work like that. I honestly think that "fan" explanation that the Head is Balor makes more sense.

*END OF SPOILER*

And like I said, I may remember things wrong so take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of salt... oh and by the way, wouldn't you wan't to die in this LP by any chance? we could use more archers :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom