Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If the Head is Moagim, that would mean there are two levelers at the same place and at the same time and I don't think it should work like that. I honestly think that "fan" explanation that the Head is Balor makes more sense.

If I remember right, Myth GURPS actually reveals that keeping talking heads as trophies was a rather common practice, and that at least one other leveller (the very first one) has faced this fate... So eh, living heads apparently don't count as being "alive" any more or something.

oh and by the way, wouldn't you wan't to die in this LP by any chance? we could use more archers :M

Archer? I am clearly Heron Guard material :obviously:

...or a Warlock :troll:

Through the Ermine

Sunday November 30, The Ermine

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Remember, 60 years ago, when we were defending passes in Cloudspine and then suddenly terrible shit happened? Watcher bitchslapped most powerful avatara and then simply walked through Deceiver's army. We managed to kill Watcher but we have no idea what happened with Deceiver. No one cared then, because we were to busy doing suicidal shit. But apparently Alric decided that Myrdred may be use useful now. I believe him, I don't trust him but I believe him. Alric seems to know MUCH more than he's willing to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if he know what exactly The Head was.

1.jpg

But let's ignore history for now. We are on a forest trip!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Who though it will be good idea to make camp near obviosuly evil shrine?

bre%2527Unor.png

"Little is known of the Bre'Unor" is very light way to put it. NOTHING is known of those guys, we are not even sure if they are monsters or just really backward humans. fir'Bolg are only race who got any kind of contact with bre'Unor and all they know about them is that they are not fir'Bolg. But considering that they look humanoid and fir'Bolg hate their guts, they actually can be humans because, even though fir'Bolg look like us, they are completely different race and we can't crossbreed with them. Our group here might by very well first and last humans in hundred years to see bre'Unor.

5.jpg

So, like a true scholars, we are going to fucking kill them. We have new Gower's finest with us - Talequeer and Azeera. Also, Ivar the Boner joined us and he absolutely won't steal all your kills and push you around, nope.

6.jpg

I had no control over our guys during "cut-scene" showing us bre'Unor dancing around obviosuly evil altar so I have to group our guys while we are under attack. Mrowaksu and his new recruit, Sergiu66 will cover us while I try to put us into some sort of formation.

7.jpg

Our mission objective is to survive the night and mission tips said to "look for better place to fight than your camp" and "DON'T DESACRATE BRE'UNOR SHRINE". So we are going to stay near our fire and then desacrate bre'Unor shrine.

8.jpg

Our berserkers managed to engage enemy wolves before they nomed on our archers while DraQMini is getting ready to assplode bre'Unor. bre'Unor are mix between range and malee unit (that suck at both these things) so they usually try to stay away from your units and throw shit at you.

9.jpg

SPLAT!

10.jpg

Ok, now we have to regroup and prepare ourselves for another attack.

1.jpg

Since we have some free time we will send DraqMini to do some science.

2.jpg

3.jpg

We heard obviosuly evil roar asking for vengence but nothing else happened. bre'Unor believes are nothing but superstition.

4.jpg

DraQMini can now go back and help us killing more of those rare creatures.

5.jpg

Wolves are not rare but they are pain is the ass so they will also go SPLAT!

1.jpg

2nd group of berserkers is doing river-dance avoiding boomerang or whatever those cunts throw at them.

2.jpg

Enemies tend to lock on one target and completely ignore others so we were able to assplode most of them with dorf. Now first berserker group will clean up what is left.

3.jpg

Fokk yer indigenous culture!

4.jpg

Azeera stole all the kills but no one said that being berserker in the Legion is fair. Now we have to prepare for another group of boomerang chucking lunatics.

1.jpg

Bre'Unor and wolves are not very though but they are extremely fast so we can easily be overrun.

2.jpg

3.jpg

And our squishy dorfs are our only hope here (archers can't do that much).

4.jpg

5.jpg

That's a goddamn army of head-hunters.

1.jpg

We can't split our forces so we will use our fire-arrows to soften up horde that is coming from our right.

2.jpg

And then 1st group of berserkers will have to do some crazy shit to both drag bre'Unor away AND kill the wolves.

3.jpg

Ivar the Boner (who have only two kill because AZEERA STOLE ALL OF THEM) will have to lure away wolves, which is pretty hard because wolves are faster than 'zerks.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Alfrigg, you beautiful bastard.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Dorfs are doing what they can but we got completely overrun.

3.jpg

We are dropping like flies and those bastards just keep coming.

4.jpg

GAME U SERIOUS?!

5.jpg

I don't think we are doing this guys!

6.jpg

And we have our first "Defeat" screen. Why? well, because I fucked myself over with my "save game policy" to the point where I was unable to salvage this shit (I save over my last save slot after every 3-6 screenshots). In next episode we shall do this mission again.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Wow, the legendary difficulty really does add the numbers. I started a fresh playthrough myself, but pussied out and it's on normal:oops:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ah, good job, bringing DEMOCRACY to primitive tribes of superstitious mountain niggers :patriot:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Did you feel like Custer when the natives were tearing you a new one? :troll:

Ok, cocktailing the big menacing idol was a bad idea.

I don't think it did anything other than making Altar roar. There is alternative dialog in the beginning (that does seem to never fire-up in game) in which Journeyman is scolding one of our dwarfs for "stepping on something" so this Altar is probably already desacrated.

Did you feel like Custer when the natives were tearing you a new one? :troll:

I got raped but I came a little :M

Through the Ermine

Sunday November 30, The Ermine

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Let's not screw it up this time, shall we?

UO0001.jpg

Our squad is the same but plan is different. Looking at previous update I noticed that only one small wave of bre'Unor comes from very nice defensive valley to our left. We shall take it as soon as we are done with first two small attacks.

UO0003.jpg

UO0006.jpg

UO0009.jpg

Now we will star moving left.

UO0011.jpg

I'm pretty sure those are only enemies that come from this side.

UO0013.jpg

UO0015.jpg

So, as soon as we are done with them we shall take this small valley.

UO0017.jpg

Out archers are being archers and almost killed DraQ. First we will heal him and then we shall move our sorry asses to better defensive position.

UO0019.jpg

Prefrerably before wolves nom our archers.

UO0020.jpg

We won't make it. We have to use our 'zerks.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

Azeera died THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR ALL THIS KILL-STEALING!

UO0027.jpg

Now dorfs and archers will deal with bre'Unor while our berserkers are being healed.

UO0028.jpg

Ok, this seem like much better position. We even may use some satchel charges.

UO0029.jpg

Like so. We know there is rape-train a-coming so this minefield may be very useful.

UO0030.jpg

So let's not waste it on wolves.

UO0032.jpg

I told our dorfs to retreat a little and hopefully they won't set-off our satchel charges.

UO0033.jpg

And they didn't. Good job!

UO0036.jpg

bre'Unor are standing on our satchel charges so berserkers will have to take care of them.

UO0037.jpg

UO0038.jpg

Boomerang chuckers are no problem for our 'zerks.

UO0039.jpg

More wolves.

UO0040.jpg

And it's not yet the time for our satchel charges.

UO0041.jpg

UO0042.jpg

Ok, now is the time.

UO0043.jpg

UO0044.jpg

UO0045.jpg

UO0046.jpg

SPLAT!

UO0048.jpg

Now we have to deal with what is left which, unfortunately, is quite a lot.

UO0063.jpg

UO0065.jpg

Ivar got eaten by wolves.

UO0066.jpg

And then random archers died.

UO0068.jpg

UO0074.jpg

But we have this shit under control now.

UO0011.jpg

INCOMING!

UO0012.jpg

No more satchel charges, we have to do it old-fashioned way.

UO0013.jpg

UO0015.jpg

Which means 'zerks will drop like flies.

UO0020.jpg

UO0021.jpg

UO0024.jpg

Wolves are dead so we can start dealing with boomerang chuckers.

UO0025.jpg

Oh, fuck you game.

UO0026.jpg

Well, goodbye berserkers!

UO0028.jpg

UO0030.jpg

Now two journeymen are our only melee units.

UO0054.jpg

And dwarfs won't be able to do much without support.

UO0056.jpg

We have only one journeyman and he is fighting bre'Unor.

UO0057.jpg

We assploded bre'Unor together with our journeyman because fuck him, he's useless.

UO0058.jpg

Fuck, I thought it will be over now.

UO0059.jpg

FIRE-ARROW TIME!

UO0060.jpg

UO0061.jpg

Burn you cunts!

UO0068.jpg

Fire killed wolves but bre'Unor managed to get through it.

UO0070.jpg

Alfrigg got killed by boomerang but DraQ have this shit under control now.

UO0072.jpg

Codexian survivors partying like it's 1998.

UO0073.jpg

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I would love a respawn as well. Glorious Swara must have another chance to hack thru' dem enemies!

The Stair of Grief

Monday December 22, Thyrmir's Gorge, The Stair of Grief

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

We need to keep Thyrmir's Gorge long enough for Twelve Motioned Jewel to dig out Deceiver's scepter because he is the only guy in Legion who have a shovel... or something, I don't know. What I do know is that mission is sweet, I used to love it but I never played it on Legendary, so I can screw it like I screwed Through the Ermine.

test1.jpg

1.jpg

DraQ reported that he finished setting his satchel charges...

2.jpg

To very important berserker authority that won't steal all your kills.

3.jpg

Our casualties are over the fucking roof so we had to draw recruits from most inane village of Gower. Dog that Hovers, SmarterCheetah, Darth that Roxors and Fag of Stories joined us in our glorious defense of Stair of Grief.

4.jpg

Myth games don't like to give you too much informations so without playing this mission already you will have no fucking idea what to do. Red arrow show direction from which enemy will come. 1st green arrow show where we have to retreat and where Twelve Motioned Jewel is. 2nd green arrow show where dead end (and, for some reason, most of our satchel charges) is.

1.jpg

Thralls are coming. We have to send our dwarfs forward.

2.jpg

They will set small mine field on their way. Those satchel charges are NOT for Thralls so we have make sure we won't set them off.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Perfect, now berserkers will mop up first wave while our dorfs deals with second one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Now we have to send our berserkers earlier than I would have liked but we need those damn satchel charges.

4.jpg

5.jpg

We need them for this shit.

1734530-mythiimaulsketch.png

Mauls are race of nomadic pigs living in Blind Steppes in far north. Soulblighta promised them land if they will help him fight us, and apparently they agreed. Those bastards have tons of hit-points and pack a serious punch, they are slower than Myrkridia but faster than Thralls and dwarfs so they can be serious pain in the ass.

1.jpg

They are also quite resistant to explosion but nowhere near as much as Trows.

2.jpg

Boom plox?

3.jpg

4.jpg

Now berserkers have to charge. Mauls are severly weakened so our 'zerks should win this.

5.jpg

SmarterCheetah was first to fall.

6.jpg

And Dog that Hovers soon followed. Now we must retreat because we used all our satchel charges.

1.jpg

But we will make use of our satchel charges near dead end by sending one dwarf and one bowmen there on a suicide mission.

2.jpg

While rest is falling back.

3.jpg

Enemies will ignore our dead-end ambush unless we get their attention with bowman. Our main force can deal with thralls so we won't, for now.

4.jpg

5.jpg

We have soulless behind us so berserkers have to prepare to dance with them.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Now Mauls are coming and we have to lure them into our trap.

9.jpg

Our 'zerks keep droping but we can't do anything about it.

10.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

GLORIOUS! but those two guys are fucked.

3.jpg

We are down to one dwarf and two archers. Also, from our codexerks only Ivar and Roxor survived.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Fortunately we recieved some new troops.

4.jpg

We stopped two waves of Thralls and now we have to fall back.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Some soulless followed us and we have to deal with them before more Mauls arrive.

7.jpg

We've lost two archers while we were playing around with soulles and Mauls are here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

And there is more coming. Fortunately we have two minefields here.

3.jpg

Actually, let's not use it on those guys, they are almost dead anyway.

4.jpg

Berserkers will deal with them.

5.jpg

We recieved more troops, which is good beacuse we are getting a little bit overwhelmed here.

6.jpg

Those guys will guard side-passage.

7.jpg

DIG FASTER YOU SONOFABITCH!

8.jpg

More Mauls coming and our newafags are busy killing thralls.

9.jpg

We have to use our minefield.

10.jpg

And it didn't killed as many as I hoped.

11.jpg

Our berserkers will have to mop up.

12.jpg

Ivar and Roxor died while we were dealing with Maul left-overs. Now we have to retreat even further.

13.jpg

Those Mauls tried to sneak through different way but we got their attention with archer.

14.jpg

Run or you will go boom!

15.jpg

16.jpg

SPLAT!

17.jpg

Unfortunately our master-baiter got killed by Mauls.

1.jpg

2.jpg

We quickly relocated near another minefield.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Ah crap, that was a waste.

5.jpg

Now we have to hope our berserkers will be able to deal with remaining Mauls.

6.jpg

Soulles, that's bad because we have only two archers left.

1.jpg

DANCE! DANCE FOR SURVIVAL OF OUR RACE!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Fucking finally!

4.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Those fucking smug journeymen, mang.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom