Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Succeed at Ruling the Waves 2: Electric Boogaloo

Dayyālu

Arcane
Holy shit so much stuff to catch up with. And I failed to explain how Admiral Day escaped the Angolan Pyramid of Death. Who cares.

"YOU CANT REACH COMMUNISM IF YOU HAVENT REACHED CAPITALISM"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On my defense, the Traveller class was designed with the best guns we had at the time (12 inches) and I decided that going German (good armour and adquate guns) seemed like a good idea. I also kept our Bs in the obvious hope of a mass conversion in CLs, in the early 20ies they suck but in the late 20ies they become your Hammer of Doom, easily shredding enemy battlelines and I've never seen the AI embrace proper Cs anyway if not very late.

Now we have barely 2 Bs for conversion, not even enough for a proper torpedo attack wing! My heart!

The AI went crazy with CAs, but I consider them obsolete in the post BCs era (mostly because the autogenerator loves to dump CA against BCs like BCs truly did what they were designed for). I also am a complete opposer of the idea of better training, mostly because it's expensive and I like to always work at minimum.

The failure of developing a new CL class was mine, tho. Dazzled by the BBs, and also the Confederacy has a shit economy compared to the Big Boys.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal, part 7Bis - August 1919 Interlude

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Well, Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal, you must wonder why I summoned you with such haste this time

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Squeaaakk ?

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
I have received the strangest news. A French fleet evaded a superior Confederate Fleet and landed in Angola.

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Imp.... Impossible ! L-Lies !

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
The Minister of War mentions that Luanda is under furious assault !

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Eekkk ! We... We did not see !

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Are you telling me that your fleet missed a whole invasion fleet ?

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Ocean bi-bg ! S-ships tiny !

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Remind me how many destroyers you have, Secretary. 50 ? 60 ?

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
I leave. I t-take per-personal c-command now.

Immediately arrived in the Theater, the Secretary of the Navy ValeVelkal transfer flagship status from the BC Roger Mills to the Light Cruiser Seaman Collins.

Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
I am sorry, Sir. Why not take command from my fine ship ?
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Too-too big ! Command from d-destroyer !
Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
But the Seaman Collins is a Light Cruiser. Jemison-class sir.
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
L-Lies. Is big destroyer.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Holy shit so much stuff to catch up with. And I failed to explain how Admiral Day escaped the Angolan Pyramid of Death. Who cares.

"YOU CANT REACH COMMUNISM IF YOU HAVENT REACHED CAPITALISM"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On my defense, the Traveller class was designed with the best guns we had at the time (12 inches) and I decided that going German (good armour and adquate guns) seemed like a good idea. I also kept our Bs in the obvious hope of a mass conversion in CLs, in the early 20ies they suck but in the late 20ies they become your Hammer of Doom, easily shredding enemy battlelines and I've never seen the AI embrace proper Cs anyway if not very late.

Now we have barely 2 Bs for conversion, not even enough for a proper torpedo attack wing! My heart!

The AI went crazy with CAs, but I consider them obsolete in the post BCs era (mostly because the autogenerator loves to dump CA against BCs like BCs truly did what they were designed for). I also am a complete opposer of the idea of better training, mostly because it's expensive and I like to always work at minimum.

The failure of developing a new CL class was mine, tho. Dazzled by the BBs, and also the Confederacy has a shit economy compared to the Big Boys.

Wanted to answer you without ruining what I had started writing.

Keeping a bunch of BB only to put a bridge on them is expensive (600/month) and a tad bit exploity if you ask me. In addition, why is it better than just 12 new aircraft carriers ? Price ?

I can easily replace the first conversation with Baud, so you escape from the Angolan Pramid of Death. It would be actually more logical. Oh wait - done.

Dayyalu is back in his pyramides, and you can tie it with our little war in Angola.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal, part 8 - September 2019

On the middle of September 2019, we are informed of an attempt from the French to support the invasion of Angola. Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal takes personal command of a patrol to locate the enemy fleet

B1Patrol_zpstsfbj83h.png

Suddenly :

B2Patrol_zpsv8t3tl4y.png

The target is initially identified as a B, but that would not stop ValeVelKal. Getting closer, the target is confirmed to be a "b-big destroyer" Sfax-class :

B3%20Patrol_zpszelscu9n.png

Speed 27 and inch 5, that's interesting..

… because our ships are speed 28 and inch 6 guns :

INTELSEAMAN_zpsk2nzivob.png

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
C-charge !
Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
But Secretary. Their ship has more armor and more guns. If we close up we nullify our advantage

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
W-what ? W-Where are you ? You in-invisible ?

Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
I am on the James Breathed, Secretary. I am talking to you through the radio. The metallic thing in the cabin. I see you are not familiar with, er, big destroyer combat. We need to shadow them while being our of range of their guns, but not ours
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Squeak ?
Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
Er… Their gun small. Range small. Our gun big. Long range. Shot far away.
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Aaar. Gre-great plan.

This battle really is like a test of my doctrine. I had on purpose guns as long range as possible and speed as high as possible to see if I could sink the opponent without risk on retaliation, and now is the test.

B4Patrol_zpsdkq2z8gz.png

Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
See Secretary ? We are almost in range !

B5%20Patrol_zpsvehjmpwc.png

Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
Wh-what ? They have better guns than we have !
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
P-Plan too complicated... Ch-harge !

INTELSEAMAN_zpsk2nzivob.png

So, as I was saying, this battle really is like a test of my doctrine. I had on purpose built CL ships as small and fast as possible in order to swarm and gun down opposition at short range before they sink my less tanky ships.

The first shells were exchanged at 11H20. By 12H30, the Seaman Collins (and the Sfax) received several hits but neither ship was slowed down. Even after a fire started on the Seaman Collins, the pursuit and combat carried on.

By 13h30, the front turret of the Seaman Collins was out of ammo, though the front-port and front-starboard turrets are still shooting. The James Breathed still had an handful of ammos in her front turret.

By 14H30, the Confederate ships were zigzagging behind the Sfax in order to be able to use the central turrets, as all other turrets were exhausted. This was helped by the Sfax that had started to significantly slow down (while still going in the 20+), though she seemed to be still doing great on the ammo front.

14H55
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Guns no good ! T-Torpedo now !

B7%20Patrol_zpsbe5ypu4f.png

So, as I was saying, this battle really is like a test of my doctrine. I had on purpose built a flotilla a destroyers ships as small and fast as possible in order to swarm and torpedo the opposition before they get away.

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Kill ! Kill !

B7Patrol_zps807od2cj.png

By that point, the Sfax seems to be only shooting when I am on its Starboard side, presumably the rear Port turrets are out of ammo, so I am staying behind to the left. Though not destroyed, the front port and starboard turrets of the Seaman Collins mostly stopped shooting.

But of course, the enemy captain is not incompetent :

B8Patrol_zpshbvh3kiu.png

When she does this, the Sfax gets to point some of its front turrets to me, while I get to shoot with some of my centreline turrets.

The Seaman Collins has taken impressive damage, and is now going at 21 knots, but then the Sfax-class is going even slower:

B9Patrol_zpssqegqscv.png

Don't trust the 70% ammo level. All the front turrets of the Seaman Collins stopped shooting on the Sfax-class

The Sfax carries on her starboard turns, allowing her to shoot with 3 or 4 guns, then port turn again to get away :
B10Patrol_zpskqvoruy3.png

Of course, it slows him down and I am now almost on her, but those salvo are not really doing much good to the confederate big destroyers.

Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
Secretary, you need to break combat and leave. We will finish her off.
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Running is for co-coward. I f-finish
Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
Do you know how to swim, secretary ValeVelkal ?
Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
eeeekkk

BPatDamn_zps4yl6s3ep.png

Detaching the Seaman Collins is actually a boon, as the 1-ship squadron can now go faster and really catch up the Sfax-class efficiently

B11Patrol_zpsiqirmj1v.png

Until she can pass it on its port side, and deliver a broadside age-of-sails-style :

B12Patrol_zpsbqp7ezh8.png

4 shoots. 4 hits. Of course, the Sfax front guns (and one of the rear gun I assume) get to shoot as well but well, they are one inch smaller.

The Sfax-class speed immediately halves after that broadside, so one of the destroyers does an attack run :

TorpAT1_zpsoakbxfhy.png

… missed.

TorpAT2_zpscubzapeo.png

As the CSS James Breathed zig-zags behind the Sfax to broadside her, the destroyers approach for another attack :

TorpAT3_zpscwx2aitq.png

… but no torpedo are sent.

Baud_zpsyplh5ysj.png
Oh, we got to end this comedy!
TropAT4_zpsin1zupgo.png

Torpedo attack by the James Breathed...

… and that's the message I receive when it connects :

TorpAT4_zpst09wtxhc.png

Glorious victory. Unassaillable proof of the superiority of my doctrine :

TorpAT5_zpsif6tsgwb.png

Weirdly, none of the smaller destroyers are even damaged.

Prestige ! VP !

TorpAT6_zpsptdziu2n.png

Meanwhile, in Richmond :

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png

Dear Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal

In your absence, I have been appointed acting Secretary of the Navy, in charge of all the secondary, day-to-day operations

Please approve the design for our new Battlecruiser.

Thank you

With all the respect that is owed to you

Secretary of the Navy Oscar

X3.%20JeffersonDavis_zpsef6mjwp9.png

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Useless. Scrap !

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png

Dear Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal, I could not quite understand your latest telegram as it was just a line of crosses with punctuations, so I assume you meant it was approved

With much respect
Acting Secretary-of-the-Navy Oscar

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
It's Rattenkrieg time on the high seas! :bro:

But I am confused by the B turret of the Jefferson Davis, do we not have front superfiring turrets?

EDIT: Don't know if anyone noticed, but I've been keeping up to date a table of contents in the first page of the thread. Now, since none of you lazy gits ever gave titles to your updates I had to be...creative with them. You have been warned if you want to avoid that fate in the future.

Who cares.
Ohh, me me me! I want to know!

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane

But I am confused by the B turret of the Jefferson Davis, do we not have front superfiring turrets?

EDIT: Don't know if anyone noticed, but I've been keeping up to date a table of contents in the first page of the thread. Now, since none of you lazy gits ever gave titles to your updates I had to be...creative with them. You have been warned if you want to avoid that fate in the future.

Who cares.
Not sure if it is superfiring. Isn't it by default when the tech is there ?

Andnjord

Arcane

Who cares.
Not sure if it is superfiring. Isn't it by default when the tech is there ?

Short answer: Non.:negative:

Long answer:
This Turret is superfiring, or superimposed and can fire forward

o4W1AU3.png

This turret on the other hand, is not and cannot fire forward. It does weigh less but is tactically inferior.
0vFO3MX.png

So are you telling me our new modern, top of the line super-battlecruisers have the ''C'' instead of the ''B'' turret even though we have access to B turrets? :lol:

Also four double turrets of 15'' guns weight 7869 tons. Three triple turrets weigh 7975 tons, thus giving you an additional gun for the cost of only an extra 106 tons. As we have improved triple turrets they should be a clearly superior choice. Heck, two triple and one double weigh 7349 tons if you feel like eight guns are enough.

And please tell me the aft one is a V turret and not a Q or R turret (who are not superfiring) :lol:

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Well, the production of the ship is not started by January 1920, so Oscar will be able to review it at almost no cost :).

I am learning so much about superfiring !

On the other hand for four double turrets vs three triple turrets, there are real differences in my opinion :
- All-eggs-in-the-same-basket.
- ROF malus for Triple Turrets, depending on the tech
- In theory, upgrading double turrets into single turrets gives 4 guns rather than 3 but with this being RTW 2 I don't think we ll ever need to upgrade due to plane infestation.

I am more into destroyers, OK ?

The truth is I was about to leave a huge budget to play with for the next player, but I was getting close to 100 mUSd in reserve so I was afraid the government would take my money to do some social program, so I launched CA production and BC production and was a bit hasty in doing so.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Fair enough, that's a valid reason

But we do have the tech already, don't we?

- In theory, upgrading double turrets into single turrets gives 4 guns rather than 3
You only have to give up a gun when up-sizing a gun turret, you don't automatically go down to single turrets, right? So three triple turrets would be downgraded to three double turrets for six guns I think.

Unleash the Rat-Pack :outrage::outrage::outrage:

30f29davis1-473145.jpg

Comte

Well, the production of the ship is not started by January 1920, so Oscar will be able to review it at almost no cost :).

I am learning so much about superfiring !

On the other hand for four double turrets vs three triple turrets, there are real differences in my opinion :
- In theory, upgrading double turrets into single turrets gives 4 guns rather than 3 but with this being RTW 2 I don't think we ll ever need to upgrade due to plane infestation.

The truth is I was about to leave a huge budget to play with for the next player, but I was getting close to 100 mUSd in reserve so I was afraid the government would take my money to do some social program, so I launched CA production and BC production and was a bit hasty in doing so.

Better spend that budget or it will get cut next year. I embezzeled most of the budget at the end my rat friend because I had a big surplus as well. Now I am living the high life in France. Will you come join me in my chateau?

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal, part 9 - October 2019

They s-stupid in Richmond. They m-make s-stupid ships. No s-superf-f-firing turret. You take command. I go back.

Sir Yes Sir ! I will not disappoint you, sir ! I will apply what you taught me, sir !

(…)

Woot ! No more stupid Light Cruiser as a flagship. It feels good to be back in a real ship like the Roger Mills.

Wait ? What is that ?

Uh, Duquesne-class.

Smaller speed AND smaller gun. I will just keep my distance and pound at it. Easy victory. Easy promotion.

IIt is moving toward me ! I will move away. Obviously. I am not a stupid rat.

Wait, WHAT ? Did it just shot at me ? What is it with the French miniature super-guns ? And why are we slowing down ?

Oh boy ! It is catching up. This is not good !

What is that in the distance ? More enemies ? More allies ?

Commandant Grimgravy ! We have heard some gun shots ! We come to the rescue.

Meanwhile, on the Duquesne (according to interception made by the Confederate Navy, edited and transmitted to the President of the CSA by the Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal)

Quel est ce navire, Lieutenant? Je n'aime pas les surprises ! [what is this ship, Lieutenant ? I don't like surprises]

Il semble que ce soit le Louisiana, Capitaine. Un cuirassé confédéré de classe Traveller. Une classe de navire qui a toujours été dépassée, et qui porte le nom d'un cheval - c'est tout dire.
[It seems it is the Louisiana, Capitaine. A Traveller-class confederate dreadnought. A class of ship that has always been obsolete, and that has the name of an horse, just so you know what we are talking about.]

Et quel genre de canons porte ce cuirassé ? [What kind of guns does this dreadnought have]
Comme vous le savez, nous n'espionnons plus les confédérés depuis 5 ans et la fuite à Paris de notre meilleur agent, mais ils sont complètement dépassés donc ça n'a pas paru être un problème à l'Amirauté. En tout cas, ça ne porte que des canons de 12 pouces.
Regardez cette table de pénétration que j'ai justement disponible en anglais. Comme vous le voyez, ce navire n'a pas la portée pour nous toucher, et même s'il était à portée, ne pourrait pas faire grand chose contre notre armure.
[As you know, we have not spied on the confederate for the last 5 years, since the flight to Paris of our best agent, but they are totally backward so it never looked like a problem for the Admiraly. In any case, she only has 12 inch guns.
Look at this penetration table that I just happen to have. As you see, this ship does not have the range to hit us, and even if she did, we would be protected in most cases by our armor.]

Parfait. On s'en occupera après le Roger Mills. [Perfect then. We will take care of her after the Roger Mills]

(…)

Cette explosion ! Qu'est-ce qui vient de se passer ? [This explosion ! what just happened ?]

Nous avons été touché par le Louisiana ! Une de nos tourelles a explosé ! [we have been hit b the Louisiana. One of our turrets exploded]

Comment ? Serait-il possible qu'un Secrétaire de la Marine confédéré ait été suffisamment visionnaire pour augmenter le calibre des canons sur les cuirassés de classe Traveller ? Augmentation de calibre qui permet non seulement de nous toucher à longue portée, mais également de pénétrer notre armure d'après la table de pénétration que j'ai justement ici, également en anglais :
What ? Would it be possible that a confederate Secretary of the Navy would have been so visionary that he increased the calibre of the Traveller-class dreadnought. Increase of calibre that would allow not only to hit us at long range, but also to penetrate our armor according to the penetration table that I just happen to also have :

Oui, Capitaine. Mais pouviez-nous prévoir que les Confédérés nommeraient à la tête de leur marine quelqu'un d'aussi compétent, ayant pris des années en avance la seule décision mettant notre supériorité maritime en péril.
Yes, Capitaine. But could we forecast that the Confederates would put at the head of their navy someone that skillful, who would have taken years in advance the only decision that could put our naval superiority in jeopardy.

So back to the battle, the BC Roger Mills and the BB Louisiana are now in hot pursuit.

As the weather gets worse, they also get closer to avoid the enemy escaping :

When the weather clears again, the BC Roger Mills is a bit too close for comfort :

But well, if the BC Roger Mills is too close, her destroyer escort is PERFECTLY at range :

Sadly, the Roger Mills herself needs to get some distance from the Duquesne, as 2 of her turrets are disabled.

After the Roger Mills takes some distance, the Duquesne stops shooting her. All the Duquesne heavy guns seem disabled. The Roger Mills can finally reliably outrange the Duquesne :

Shouldn't you call back the destroyers ? The Duquesne is dead in the water, but the secondaries can still cause some damage to them.

No. That's not what Secretary ValeVelKal would have wanted.

The Duquesne is at some point totally surrounded :

… until …

Noooooooooooonnnn. Je ne pourrai jamais sceller l'amitié franco-alle...!
[Nooooo ! But from the moment some Secretary of the Navy had wisely but daringly decided to upgrade the guns on the Traveller Class from 12in to 14in, this was a foregone conclusion. Ah ! If only some other Secretary of the Navy had been in charge, I could have sunk both ships and conquered Angol…. !]

The battle ends there :

And I get my prestige back, plus a bazillion VP :

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Noooooooooooonnnn. Je ne pourrai jamais sceller l'amitié franco-alle...!
[Nooooo ! But from the moment some Secretary of the Navy had wisely but daringly decided to upgrade the guns on the Traveller Class from 12in to 14in, this was a foregone conclusion. Ah ! If only some other Secretary of the Navy had been in charge, I could have sunk both ships and conquered Angol…. !]
I'm sure this was the only time a mistranslation accidentally ended up in the report. One can only admire the restraint of our visionary Secretary of the navy :D

EDIT: ValeVelKal Just a tiiiiiiiiny little nitpick, but we wouldn't really say 'canons de 12 pouces', but rather 'canons de 305' wouldn't we?. I mean, we do have the superior and logical metrical system after all.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Congrats for the win. Ehrrrrr the Traveller class was completely up to date and efficient when I designed it. Bar torpedo protection. Also your updates are great.

Meanwhile....

uJugM1Y.jpg

15322.jpg
DIE YOU DEMONSPAWN! NO ONE WILL STOP MY RIGHTEOUS CRUSADE FOR THE SALVATION OF MANKIND!

15322.jpg
Got to....keep the mind clear..... not.... so....much....time....not....linear.....where the HELL is that adjutant.... where....my legs aren't .....can't.....

gfox78a.jpg

15322.jpg
HAVE AT YOU CHIEF DEMON! EAT LEADEN DEATH AND SLEEP AGAIN, NEVER TO TROUBLE US ANYMORE!

15322.jpg
Got...gotta place the explosives....right in the middle of it.... set....timer.....walk....out....of the pyramid....so....so long....confusing.....

*crawls out of the Pyramid*

15322.jpg
So...tired....sun....been so long....

125ovDM.jpg
Arrêtez là!

15322.jpg
Who....the hell are you.... no, you don't understand..... I saved us all, I SAVED Earth! YOU CAN'T MANHANDLE ME!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Just a tiiiiiiiiny little nitpick, but we wouldn't really say 'canons de 12 pouces', but rather 'canons de 305' wouldn't we?. I mean, we do have the superior and logical metrical system after all.

Actually, both in French and in English, when talking about naval artillery, the "native" system of the ship is used to describe its guns. So the HMS Dreadnough had 12 inch guns and the Danton had 305mm guns.

Andnjord

Arcane
Just a tiiiiiiiiny little nitpick, but we wouldn't really say 'canons de 12 pouces', but rather 'canons de 305' wouldn't we?. I mean, we do have the superior and logical metrical system after all.

Actually, both in French and in English, when talking about naval artillery, the "native" system of the ship is used to describe its guns. So the HMS Dreadnough had 12 inch guns and the Danton had 305mm guns.
Ooooh, d'accord I was not aware of that
:updatedmytxt:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal, part 10 - Late October 1919 - December 1919

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Am back. Why you no want-want m-meet me n-now ?

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Well, Secretary of the Navy ValeVelKal. I did not think I would ever meet you again. While you were visiting Africa, vice-Secretary of Navy Oscar managed to seize the Antilles :

XXAntilles_zps9k2ftdrr.png

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
Oh ! I don't really to make too much of this. It was actually pretty easy - our army only needed to be able to coordinate with someone articulate at the head of the navy.

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
And shortly after you stopped "handling things personally", Admiral Baud managed to sink one of the French battleship, stopping the flow of French reinforcement...

X4%20NovemberWar_zpsdkiryhbq.png

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
... and ultimaly allowing us to throw the French to the sea ! Or sand ! Or whatever !

XXDecemberInvasion_zpsmfkpra8b.png

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Is me ! Sunk Sfax !

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Indeed ! Admiral Baud reports that, after a long combat, a fleet under your command sank "a large destroyer" ...

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Squeeaakkk ! Was-was cruiser !

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
… but Admiral Baud also reports that by the time he sank that large destroyer by a daring torpedo attack from his own - smaller - destroyer you had actually fled the battle !

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
SSSQQQUEAAAKKKK !!

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Furthermore, Baud is expanding our base of operation in Angola and coordinating with the army to push the French out of Western Africa

XXDecemberInvasionT_zpsu0xlwtdn.png

XXDecemberImproving_zpskluhyilj.png

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
Meanwhile, it seems the basic administrative tasks are not properly done here. Vice-Secretary of the Navy Oscar ?

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
Yes. So the CSS Nathan Bedford Forest is currently wreaking havoc in the French shipping lanes :

X2%20StilltheBedford%20October_zpssqi614dn.png

XXDecemberNBF_zpsyj0cjinx.png

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
… but when I wanted to recommend the daring commander of the CSS Nathan Bedford Forest I discovered something odd ! The commander identifies as "Great Admiral Andnjord"

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
… care to explain us how an Admiral who died heroically in 1905 managed to be on command of a ship put at sea in 1918, Secretary ? A rat, I got used to it. But a ghost ? Really ? Things don't seem very much in order iin your department, Secretary.

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
Squeeaakkk !

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
In addition to this, I understand from the Vice-Secretary that you approved an incredibly poorly designed blueprint for a new Battlecruiser. Can you give more details, vice-Secretary ?

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
Four words. 1919 ! No ! Superfiring ! Turret ! Look at this :

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
From 1 to 10, I rank this design "Stupid".

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
But-but you …

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
I have your signature, Secretary ValeVelKal. Actually, I have a full letter full of crosses from the beginning to the end. 70 signatures, no less, approving the design !

Rat_zps0ipndhwd.png
eeekkk

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
I can only notice that as soon as vice-Secretary Oscar was in charge here and Admiral Baud was in charge of Africa, the French have been avoiding battle :

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
Oh. I have to say that the British brought they modest contribution to our success. Without them, the French might not have lost Tonkin. Did you know, Secretary, that the French had lost Tonkin ?

WW_zpsaik09jdl.png
The French have been approaching us, requesting peace. Vice-Secretary of the Navy Oscar, or should I say, the NEW Secretary of the Navy Oscar, assures me that he can bring us an even fuller victory if he was not hampered by poor decision-making at the highest level of the Navy.

OCAR_zps7jmcmgrx.png
You are dismissed, Capitain ValeveKal. I have a lot to do.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
The file is here :

https://ufile.io/yub5p2pf

Some notes :

I wanted to post the situation as of 01/01/1920, but thinking about it I will let to Oscar the pleasure of doing it :).

A few notes though :
- I kind of built by mistake an airport in addition to the airbase in the Caribbean. There is absolutely no reason to keep the airbase (and even the airport is probably useless as long as we don't fight the Limeys)
- I have more ships than allowed in Angola, so frequent rotation of ships is going to be necessary, including as soon as January 1920. That's one of the reasons why I expanded the military installations there.
- The BB Jefferson Davis is still in R&D phase and can be easily changed.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Good job mah rat! See, you can write funny and amusing stories out of the gameplay too! I'll echo Dayallu in saying that I enjoyed your updates a lot myself. :bro:

And oscar , show thyself so we know you haven't abandoned the glories and riches that expect you at the helm of the CSN!

oscar

Arcane
I may be a while sorry.. Give this lowly captain a few days to sober up and lead the CSN to glory or elect another it is in your Godly given hands..

(entirely forgot about this thread, the meatworks has been hella busy but will see what I can do over the weekend)

Andnjord

Arcane
I may be a while sorry.. Give this lowly captain a few days to sober up and lead the CSN to glory or elect another it is in your Godly given hands..

(entirely forgot about this thread, the meatworks has been hella busy but will see what I can do over the weekend)
I'll leave you until the next week-end (saturday the 6th), is that okay for you? After that I'll have to bump you back down the list as stagnation can be the death of these kind of LP.

Andnjord

Arcane
K' so Oscar has had to bow out. I won't be able to start my turn until Friday so if Dayyālu wants to start early he can do so right now, otherwise expect updates from me during the week-end. :salute:

Andnjord

Arcane
Turn done mah boys. There was a big battle, Aircraft carriers are building, we got our first Fast Battleships rolling out of the slipways and a last minute war was declared. Life is good aboard the CS navy :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom