Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Especially since there are no games where wizards don't use any spells but there are multiple games with barbarian class/characters that don't use anything based on Rage: HoMM 1-4, M&M 3-5, Warlords and Warlords Battlecry, Grimrock 2, Severance: Blade of Darkness etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
wizard a fighter who uses spell based abilities and techniques.
What about bard?
Fighter who yells at people.
Barbarian then? That's why it starts with "bar".
Barbarians don't call their yelling music.
Bards, on the other hand-
Cacofonix.PNG

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wild warriors, not angry housewives cosplaying as ones.
Btw how is her husband reacts when his wife just go and join some sect?
Wild warriors, whatever.
There is no marriage.
So church is regulating childbirth to the point they castrate men for having sex, but poor wommynz are so opressed they can fuck without marriage and then just do whatever, like join the barbarian school and go on adventures. Let me guess, you setting name is California? I have bad news for you - word "fierce" means not exactly what twitter told you.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Child rearing is a woman's responsibility, it is they who have to ask permission to have a baby. The most common living arrangement is 2 women and 1 man to mirror the trinity of the churches, but it's far from the only one, you can have an unlimited amount of people living in the same house. Everyone can go on adventures, but most people choose not to because it comes with the risk of, you know, death.

Reinhardt

Arcane
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I've just realized that female barbarians at their core are another example of misery-centered world-building in this setting. You have an entire class of people centered around constantly relieving the most traumatic experience of their lives. And it's so numerous other people can make a living from hiring them to other people. Normally when woman loses a child she comes to terms with it and probably get another in the future. But they don't. Their entire way of living is fueling this trauma forever since their survival depends on them never getting over it. What a fucking nightmare.

Vatnik Wumao
I've just realized that female barbarians at their core are another example of misery-centered world-building in this setting. You have an entire class of people centered around constantly relieving the most traumatic experience of their lives. And it's so numerous other people can make a living from hiring them to other people. Normally when woman loses a child she comes to terms with it and probably get another in the future. But they don't. Their entire way of living is fueling this trauma forever since their survival depends on them never getting over it. What a fucking nightmare.
Grimdark as fuck.

kn9ZwCM.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
This idea came to me because one of my sister's classmates died when they were both 16. He and a friend of his were returning from a holiday, but the friend (who is also the driver) was too exhausted and fell asleep on the wheel, causing the car to swerve and hit a massive truck head-on. The driver was fine, but the classmate was instantly crushed. He was so badly maimed, the coroners didn't allow his mother to see his body because there was no recognizable body. When we went to the funeral, I saw such immense pain in her eyes and she broke down and wept like the most tragic of banshees. I couldn't imagine how that feels, but it did stay with me (this was around 8ish years ago) and was turned into this thing.

Bara

Arcane
There is also the meta aspect of it getting nerds' panties in a twist that only women can be barbarians, I love it.

Yeah this is kinda of asshole DM territory removing an option because it'll let you troll some player should they ever sit down for a game of this setting. Which explains the whole flimsiness of the barbarians can only be women who have suffered child loss and go to a monastery to be taught how to rage.

It now seems contrived just to set up the conditions that male barbarians can never exist or "learn" how to tap into their rage because this women's only monastery are the only ones to have ever figured it out and no one else has figured out there own way to do it outside of this club.

Speaking of that this is also very controlling of any players choice even if they want to make a female Barbarian they have to play a character who was impregnated and suffered child loss. No option for it to be that they lost a lover, sibling, or anything else for that matter.

And if you say that they could possible learn to tap into that rage outside of child loss than why the heck has this school of "barbarianism" been women's only they've never tried using other forms of loss in men or women to increase the pool of barbarian warriors? Are they either incredibly stupid or just anti-men and anti-women who never given birth.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
This idea came to me because one of my sister's classmates died when they were both 16. He and a friend of his were returning from a holiday, but the friend (who is also the driver) was too exhausted and fell asleep on the wheel, causing the car to swerve and hit a massive truck head-on. The driver was fine, but the classmate was instantly crushed. He was so badly maimed, the coroners didn't allow his mother to see his body because there was no recognizable body. When we went to the funeral, I saw such immense pain in her eyes and she broke down and wept like the most tragic of banshees. I couldn't imagine how that feels, but it did stay with me (this was around 8ish years ago) and was turned into this thing.

You do realise not all pain is fit to transform into rage?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Given how these are RPG characters with the exact same capabilities between sexes, it's literally irrelevant.

And if you say that they could possible learn to tap into that rage outside of child loss than why the heck has this school of "barbarianism" been women's only they've never tried using other forms of loss in men or women to increase the pool of barbarian warriors? Are they either incredibly stupid or just anti-men and anti-women who never given birth.
I already said it is possible for basically anyone to learn how to do it, but it's a cultural thing to let only these specific women do it. From their perspective, only they have the necessary life experience to do it, but I, as the God-Hand, know everyone can do it, especially since the orcs indeed have similar techniques. People seem to not really understand the whole "cultural zeitgeist" and its comparative arbitrariness thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom