Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reminder that Lacrymas had issues clearing the Xvart village in Baldur's Gate. He had to reload multiple times and restart the entire game with a new character twice.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Probably my favorite martial class in the game.
Man even your favourite martial is part caster.

I an a magefag. Remember? My favorite melee class is a Eldritch Glaive warlock for 3.5E.

What playable exotic fantasy race with giant udders does his setting have?

Humans are outsider and I believe that the unique original race is snow manlets.

EDIT : I was confounding with solasta thread

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Paladins eunuchs are pretty dan good on Solasta. Probably my favorite martial class in the game. His smite is pretty good and their AC also pretty good. I really wish that they include Barbarian class. Raging powers seems way cooler on 5E
Nah,they are shit,prefer dedicated fighter and a cleric over two paladins.

Robert Erick

Educated
I have decided to read through the thread because I have insomnia, and all throughout I felt a burning need to ask Lacrymas "why" exactly is everything so brutal and miserable in his (her?) setting. The answer would be "because it's the cultural norm", but I want to know "why" is it the cultural norm? What led to these people adopting such extreme measures? The food scarcity? What led to the food scarcity? Are there wars for resources? Why is the church controlling reproductive functions? Why is there a church when there is no religion? Why is arcane magic "fascy"? Why did you ban wizards in fear that they'd create a fascist state, then make the divine casters create a fascist state anyway? So many questions.

To be honest, none of the ideas are bad, but the logic used to reach them and the reason they exist is bizarre to me. It's a bleak world with scarce resources and civilization is controlled by dystopian totalitarian factions with an iron grip. It's a good premise, and it screams for some rough-hewn firebrand heroes that wish to fight against the injustice of it all and forge a better path. But instead, everyone accepts their misery, and going against the grain is shunned because of "cultural reasons", whatever that means. Things are bad, but not so bad, unless baby-making is involved, then everything becomes a nightmare (I'd hate having to ask my priest for permission to creampie my wife). Civilization exists under a half-assed totalitarian regime where you need a license to do anything, including killing goblins for loot. And if you want to escape it, you can join bandit clans, where you have to follow "their" rules. Everything is ordered and rigid and not following the rules leads to severe punishment or outright banishment.

The morality of this setting is that to fix dnd's settings, you have to make everything into an automaton and come up with a specific rule for every uncontrollable aspect of life and for erratas for every loophole that might exist, and that if left to their own devices without fascy wizards to oppress and control them, humans will oppress and control themselves anyway and find a way to justify it, and you have to cut out the wonderment in life and imagination because it's unrealistic. I don't know what this says about Lacrymas or about germans in general, but I can't say I'd enjoy playing in this terrifying setting unless I was allowed to burn down all those godless churches Varg style.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Every one of your questions were answered already. The more concerning aspect is how you think we somehow don't have to follow rules when we live with other people. Of course you'll have to follow the bandits' rules when you join them, there is no universe in which that is not the case. Even 4chan has rules.

Second of all, you don't need a license to be an adventurer, you take part in a ritual in which your vials and weapons are given. If you are a dwarf or halfling/gnome, you are not allowed to take part in this ritual, but you can still become an adventurer if you find a way to get equipment.

There is a religion - they worship the trinity if the sun, moon, and desert. I don't know how you came to the conclusion there is no religion. There Is food scarcity because it's a desert world.

The only iron grip-y thing most normal people will ever feel is that they'll have to ask for permission to have babies. If you are a woman and want to have an unlimited amount of children, you can go to the orcs and be treated like a princess but essentially be forced (it's assumed there is no forcing, though, because you went to them) to be pregnant constantly because orcs are only ever born male and need human women to reproduce, so they aren't as numerous as they want to be and every new baby is welcome.

Last edited:

Bara

Arcane
Man there's not point in bumping this thread as Lacry is one of the most thickheaded people I've met when it comes to trying to have a reasonable discussion. But holy shit I have to just laugh at this one.

If you are a woman and want to have an unlimited amount of children, you can go to the orcs and be treated like a princess but essentially be forced (it's assumed there is no forcing, though, because you went to them) to be pregnant constantly because orcs are only ever born male and need human women to reproduce, so they aren't as numerous as they want to be and every new baby is welcome.

Orcs only be male and must force themselves on human women to continue the species. But its okay its assumed that its consensual and most women that join the orcs want and expect to be used as never ending baby making machines. I'm sure they're just let go off when they decide they don't want to do that anymore. :lol:

Like shit then how is there even a orc population to threaten the church in the first place just got to keep the women locked up for a few generations no more orc problems all the lands are yours.

Plus how'd the orcs even start to exist without getting human women then.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Man there's not point in bumping this thread as Lacry is one of the most thickheaded people I've met when it comes to trying to have a reasonable discussion. But holy shit I have to just laugh at this one.

If you are a woman and want to have an unlimited amount of children, you can go to the orcs and be treated like a princess but essentially be forced (it's assumed there is no forcing, though, because you went to them) to be pregnant constantly because orcs are only ever born male and need human women to reproduce, so they aren't as numerous as they want to be and every new baby is welcome.

Orcs only be male and must force themselves on human women to continue the species. But its okay its assumed that its consensual and most women that join the orcs want and expect to be used as never ending baby making machines. I'm sure they're just let go off when they decide they don't want to do that anymore. :lol:

Like shit then how is there even a orc population to threaten the church in the first place just got to keep the women locked up for a few generations no more orc problems all the lands are yours.

Hentai tier writing. Took lessons from Goblin Slayer.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I think it would be more in line with the setting and more realistic if all female orcs were killed at birth (because tradition) which forced the orcs to mate with humans. Or even better if there were female orcs which would be forced to rape human males because all sex is controlled by Orc Church of Superrape and orc on orc sex was punished by castration (because tradition).

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Sometimes, they do force themselves on human women, yes. I'm not sure what will happen if they decide they don't want to do that anymore.

That is why the orcs turned to necromancy in the first place. Not only because they have the numerical disadvantage, but also to ensure they have enough working hands and fodder for battles. This incentivizes the orcs to be aggressive and attack human settlements, though. And yes, one of the reasons for that is to steal women.
I have a few ideas, but I'm going to let it be a mystery of the setting for now.

Also, if Ed Greenwood is allowed to subject us to his Magical Realm for more than 30 years in the form of the Forgotten Realms, I can have my Magical Realm too.*

*this is a joke. Maybe, you never know.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
If orcs depend on human women so much shouldn't the church do something about women whoring themselves to the orcs? Like forbidding them from being adventurers for example.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm not sure many women would be stoked to do this and being an adventurer and a woman doesn't automatically mean you'll give that up in order to go live with the orcs. You could do that if you want to, sure.

Robert Erick

Educated
Every one of your questions were answered already. The more concerning aspect is how you think we somehow don't have to follow rules when we live with other people. Of course you'll have to follow the bandits' rules when you join them, there is no universe in which that is not the case. Even 4chan has rules.

Second of all, you don't need a license to be an adventurer, you take part in a ritual in which your vials and weapons are given. If you are a dwarf or halfling/gnome, you are not allowed to take part in this ritual, but you can still become an adventurer if you find a way to get equipment.

There is a religion - they worship the trinity if the sun, moon, and desert. I don't know how you came to the conclusion there is no religion. There Is food scarcity because it's a desert world.

The only iron grip-y thing most normal people will ever feel is that they'll have to ask for permission to have babies. If you are a woman and want to have an unlimited amount of children, you can go to the orcs and be treated like a princess but essentially be forced (it's assumed there is no forcing, though, because you went to them) to be pregnant constantly because orcs are only ever born male and need human women to reproduce, so they aren't as numerous as they want to be and every new baby is welcome.
The concerning thing is that you've reduced the sum of human cultural traditions, moral laws, and historical power structures to "follow the rules", which is technically true, but woefully missing the forest for the trees. Also humans tend to not follow unjust rules, unless they are germans apparently.

And on the license to adventure, you say you don't need a license, and then you explain you need to participate in a ritual to be given your tools to adventure, which is a license with extra steps.

But thanks for answering whatever questions you could. Now my question is: why do you go into so much detail about the reproductive laws of these people, and why is orc rape the alternative to the church's birth control system?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Also humans tend to not follow unjust rules, unless they are germans apparently.
He is describing a D&D setting. You can't make an interesting D&D setting without some kind of premise to set it apart from the real world. I mean, actually you can, but then your setting would literally be the real world.

Robert Erick

Educated
Also humans tend to not follow unjust rules, unless they are germans apparently.
He is describing a D&D setting. You can't make an interesting D&D setting without some kind of premise to set it apart from the real world. I mean, actually you can, but then your setting would literally be the real world.
I was under the impression that he used real life and realism to justify his D&D setting and used real life history as inspiration (that's another discussion). But more importantly, some premises are more equal than others, and a D&D setting where the nanny state controls how you behave isn't terribly interesting, unless it's taken to an absurd, parodic degree a la Paranoia.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I've played in various settings where the state controlled various aspects of everyone's lives and they've all been interesting at least for a campaign or two. In particular, in one of those settings the "state" controlled exactly the reproductive function of its population: the entire known world was a single city in a giant sealed cavern where the only breathable air was produced by a sacred grove. The grove was able to sustain only a fixed number of people, and the council that governed the city allowed didn't allow the population to reproduce over this limit. We had a lot of fun with this setting despite the "nanny state".

Lacrymas

Arcane
"People don't follow unjust laws", yeah, tell that to race mix and gay couples. Miscegenation and homophobic laws have existed and still exist. Some people would say capitalism is built on unjust laws.

"Why does the church "hate" babies?" - they don't hate them, they just don't allow you to plop out dozens of them. There aren't enough resources because it's a desert world, and the church believes all life is sacred, so there's no weaseling out by saying "just let the majority of born babies die due to scarce resources". That would be an abomination to them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom