Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

Reinhardt

Arcane
Playing Another Eden right now and they have theocracy where everyone is miserable too.
Criminals exiled to barren continent were doomed, but then Savior descended and gave the land blessing so they could survive. Their descendants formed church. But then Savior left and with each year blessed land is shrinking so it's impossible to support population. Church still support as much people as it can but it's not enough. So slums are growing on abandoned land, but not usual slums. It's people who WILLINGLY leave small patch of still blessed land and accept only bare minimum from church, so the church can use these limited resources to constantly form expeditions of priests heading outside to find a solutuion.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Playing Another Eden right now and they have theocracy where everyone is miserable too.
Criminals exiled to barren continent were doomed, but then Savior descended and gave the land blessing so they could survive. Their descendants formed church. But then Savior left and with each year blessed land is shrinking so it's impossible to support population. Church still support as much people as it can but it's not enough. So slums are growing on abandoned land, but not usual slums. It's people who WILLINGLY leave small patch of still blessed land and accept only bare minimum from church, so the church can use these limited resources to constantly form expeditions of priests heading outside to find a solutuion.

This is all fine, but the important question is: do they record every single pregnancy, castrate their paladins, and allow their women to join enemy tribes as their only means of reproduction?

Reinhardt

Arcane

This is all fine, but the important question is: do they record every single pregnancy and castrate their paladins?
It is a mystary. But they have warpriests battling crystal tyrannosauruses.

9Su8wco.png

Well, they have inqusition. Like our local friendly inqusitor gurl said "It's not heresy if you interpreting scriptures yourself, it only becomes heresy if you admit it's heresy." "But why anyone would admit it?" "We know few tricks."

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The fact the savior appeared only to criminals is very interesting and I'm going to steal that.

allow their women to join enemy tribes as their only means of reproduction?
???

They don't allow that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
allow their women to join enemy tribes as their only means of reproduction?
???

They don't allow that.

But you said so yourself.
Where? I said that women can choose to go to the orcs of their own volition and they will be treated like princesses there (as opposed to little better than dirt in empire lands) in exchange for bearing orc babies, but that doesn't mean the church allows this. They obviously strictly forbid it, and not only the church, basically the entire society doesn't want their women to go to their enemies. However, not many women are going to want this or have the possibility to choose this anyway.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Where? I said that women can choose to go to the orcs of their own volition and they will be treated like princesses there (as opposed to little better than dirt in empire lands) in exchange for bearing orc babies, but that doesn't mean the church allows this. They obviously strictly forbid it, and not only the church, basically the entire society doesn't want their women to go to their enemies. However, not many women are going to want this or have the possibility to choose this anyway.
Is your setting based on the "all women are queens/if she breathes she's a thot" meme?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That is very weird, please clarify your reasons behind that.
If they break that vow and someone finds out, they get castrated. I figured they should get something special, i.e. Lay on Hands is the only character-based healing, in order to "justify" the immense requirements.

What's the consequences for paladins using "Lay on Hands" on their own junk..?

(if you know what I mean...)

Cael

Arcane
That is very weird, please clarify your reasons behind that.
If they break that vow and someone finds out, they get castrated. I figured they should get something special, i.e. Lay on Hands is the only character-based healing, in order to "justify" the immense requirements.

I refer you to the thread title...

snip snip

Lacrymas

Arcane

I'm pretty sure masturbation is allowed during irl celibacy, so I don't think it's forbidden. It's probably frowned upon, but who cares.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

I'm pretty sure masturbation is allowed during irl celibacy, so I don't think it's forbidden. It's probably frowned upon, but who cares.

You don't know? What if one of your players want's to jerk off..? We need a DM ruling on this now.
What kind of world building is this?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

I'm pretty sure there are different versions of irl celibacy. You would do well to mention which one you are drawing from.

Has anyone on your table ever wanted their character to jerk off?

*ekhem* magical realm *ekhem*

Cael

Arcane
Has anyone on your table ever wanted their character to jerk off?
Never had a setting so focused on controlling the sexual lives of its inhabitants, so it is a fair question to ask when it comes to yours.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The fact the savior appeared only to criminals is very interesting and I'm going to steal that.
Nice touch is that Original Sin is quite literal. Every single church person is direct descendant of criminals and they remember it.

MartinK

Learned
Women were a mistake.*

* this is obviously a joke. Maybe. You never know.

True. Adam’s first wife was Lilith, but Adam wasn’t man enough tp handle her and thus after she ran away with a real man (Satan), God gave Adam downgraded version.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm not ready for his glorious English entering my earballs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom