Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Delterius

Arcane

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Kirtai

Augur
Hmm, considering how they let players in SimCity stomp all over other peoples cities, the mind boggles at what kind of twisted stuff would result if they go for a shared world for the Sims.

Delterius

Arcane
Indeed, the Codex doesn't have to be your only source of social gaming and butthurt! Embrace the future!
combining-forces.jpg

Thou hast gazed upon the Abyss.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-03-kabam-exec-calls-ea-layoffs-darwinism-at-work

Kabam exec calls EA layoffs "Darwinism at work"

Andrew Sheppard says publisher caught in disruption, likens it to brick-and-mortar busts like Borders and Blockbuster

Last month, Electronic Arts laid off a reported 1,000 employees in the latest attempt to turn the publisher's fortunes around. In a guest editorial on VentureBeat today, Kabam president Andrew Sheppard called it "industry Darwinism," a sign of a changing business leaving the old ways behind.

An ex-EA employee himself, Sheppard expressed his condolences to those affected.

"But you can't stop evolution," Sheppard said. "Console game companies are standing on the same ground as others that were disrupted before them. Borders was shuttered by Amazon, Blockbuster buried by Netflix, and Encyclopedia Britannica withered by Wikipedia. When consumers get something faster and cheaper via the Internet, disruption occurs, and the companies that don't evolve quickly inevitably decline."

Sheppard said there's a wave of disruption hitting the industry right now, one that favors free-to-play and mobile devices over boxed retail products and consoles.

"Consumers, of course, have the final say," Sheppard said. "They're voting with not only their pocketbooks but their bags as well. Free-to-play has taught consumers they don't need to shell out $60 for a game before they even try it. Free-to-play has changed how we pay for our entertainment. Mobile devices have changed how we play our games. Together, they're an unbeatable foe for the venerable console games industry."

Naturally, those are two areas Kabam focuses on. It operates 20 browser-based free-to-play titles, including Wartune and Kingdoms of Camelot. Additionally, it has more than a dozen offerings on iOS and Android devices, such as the multiplatform efforts Book of Heroes and The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth. Last year, the firm brought in revenues of $180 million.

EA - Gaming. Evolved.

I don't want to live in a ftp/ moblie gaming life. :(

Delterius

Arcane

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/the-sims-4-announced
IGN said:
EA has announced The Sims 4. According to EA’s official site, The Sims 4 will be released in 2014 and will be available on both PC and Mac. EA has confirmed to IGN that the title will allow for "single-player and offline" play.
EA appears to be learning animals.
NOOOOOO... my free entertainment!!!

Don't worry. The Sims series is full of gamebreaking bugs and terrible patches. You will be entertained.

deuxhero

Arcane
It is?

I pirated it hoping for a decent TOR-CHAR game and even my gaming rig can't get it to load in a reasonable time so I never actually played it. I have no idea how this is supposed to work on a casual's standard desktop, let alone laptop.

Kirtai

Augur
EA with an exclusive Star Wars game licence. I can't see any way that could go wrong. :roll:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
It is?

I pirated it hoping for a decent TOR-CHAR game and even my gaming rig can't get it to load in a reasonable time so I never actually played it. I have no idea how this is supposed to work on a casual's standard desktop, let alone laptop.

Yeah optimized like shit.

I have a good rig as well and it took the longest to load out of any game and it was shit as a game as well

Black

Arcane
Fucker, if 200mln didn't work, just throw more money at it!

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...red-by-ea-announcement-tipped-for-monday.html

Oh christ Sims 4. Can't wait to see all the videos where people's sims continuously take a shit and never stop so they die of starvation or something equally retarded and lulzy.

EA will continue to support The Sims 3 this year, with the Island Paradise, Dragon Valley and Movie Stuff expansion packs scheduled for release in the coming months.

Hot Damn. I knew they milked The Sims but 3 expansions the year before a new game?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I wonder how bare-bone Sims 4 will be so they can start spewing out expansions ASAP.
I also wonder what shitty online integrations they will add, if not going full retard like Sim City.

Borelli

Arcane
I can already see in the far future where humanity has colonized space SpaceEA stating that "in today's intergalactic video game market you really need to sell 100 million units to recoup the costs".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom