Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

Renevent

Cipher
I have a 770 and it runs really smooth...I did turn off the Turbulence graphics option...everything else is on max though. Maybe give that a shot? From what I've read that option isn't that great anyways and certain scenes actually look even worse with it on.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Announced DLC "Ancient Labyrinth"
•A powerful ancient Lord, a magical foe who changes his powers continuously throughout the battle, keeping players on their toes
•A new location, The Library, filled with puzzles, environmental riddles and history of Harkyn’s world
•A new puzzle-based gameplay mechanic
•An all-new quest centered around the story of immortal, powerful demons
•Side-quests and NPCs with an agenda that affects the war between human and demonic realms
•New armor and weapons

Visperas

Augur
I played Blade of Darkness a long time ago and a little bit again not so long ago. It's a very good game but it hasn't aged well. Actually, I just noticed that I still have it installed from that last time.
I might try MGR but I don't like the aesthetics, not one bit. Since there isn't a lot else to try...

Edit: Finally I played Blade again and despite its clunkiness it's still a great game. I can't figure out how many other action games are so shallow nowadays. Is MGR any good with m+k?

Last edited:

Visperas

Augur
After 20 hours I finished this game and I don't think I'll playing it again any time soon because I ended up kinda tired of it. After a couple of playthroughs, I've already spent 200 hours in Dark Souls 2 and likely the same in DS. Despite its many similarities, there's something DS has that LotF hasn't and the thing is I'm not really sure about what it is. There's some obvious differences as lack of weapon variety and general tone and atmosphere, but gameplay-wise, they are very similar and yet I enjoy DS a lot more than this. I know that there's something off with level desing and monster respawn rules because exploration wasn't that bad but retracing steps was horrendous. Maybe its combat speed and rythm, I don't know. What do you guys think?

After 20 hours I finished this game and I don't think I'll playing it again any time soon because I ended up kinda tired of it. After a couple of playthroughs, I've already spent 200 hours in Dark Souls 2 and likely the same in DS. Despite its many similarities, there's something DS has that LotF hasn't and the thing is I'm not really sure about what it is. There's some obvious differences as lack of weapon variety and general tone and atmosphere, but gameplay-wise, they are very similar and yet I enjoy DS a lot more than this. I know that there's something off with level desing and monster respawn rules because exploration wasn't that bad but retracing steps was horrendous. Maybe its combat speed and rythm, I don't know. What do you guys think?
pretty much my thoughts on this game. its not that its just "rough around the edges". more like lacking that "wow factor". something like the first time you ventured from firelink shrine to blightown or when you saw demons ruins/ashen lake from tomb of giants.

Visperas

Augur

Yeah. I saw that too and I'm actually happy about it since I like this kind of third person action game. I hope they can improve on what they have and nail that something that it lacks.

pretty much my thoughts on this game. its not that its just "rough around the edges". more like lacking that "wow factor". something like the first time you ventured from firelink shrine to blightown or when you saw demons ruins/ashen lake from tomb of giants.

The wow factor is obviously lacking since LotF only have a couple of different enviroments and those aren't all that interesting. But I think the key element is in the combat gameplay (in a very broad way since I'd include traps and the "platforming"). After the first 100 hours I don't even look at the scenery anymore and yet I put another 100 after that. It really is bugging me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From what I hear, the game isn't awful even if it has its faults. Considering what games they have worked on previously, this games seems at least decent. Not that I can actually say myself as I have yet to play the game.

Visperas

Augur
From what I hear, the game isn't awful even if it has its faults. Considering what games they have worked on previously, this games seems at least decent. Not that I can actually say myself as I have yet to play the game.

It isn't awful by any means but it's not on par with Soul series either.

Visperas

Augur
I won't touch that with a stick but if it gives more money for a better LotF2, I guess it's ok.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Dear Lords of the Fallen Players!

The update (version 1.4) has been released for all the platforms: PS4, XB1, and PC (earlier). Yes, it’s taken us quite some time to put it up, sorry to keep you waiting. We hope that, even though it’s kinda last-minute, it still serves you well if you wish to spend some quality time with the game during Season Holidays.

May Your Rhogar hunt bring you awesome loot!

n case you’re a stats geek: there were total 261 issues that our devteam has identified, fixed and tested since last console update. That’s 81 issues for PS4, 41 for XB1, and 109 for PC (mind you, these sets overlap, and there are no “All-Platform” issues listed here). All three versions of the game are now at the same update branch, which means that all general fixes we have been releasing for the PC users in the meantime, are also included in the console update at this stage.

Here is a list of the most crucial updates:

• Fixed the Catacombs pit breaking the save file
  • Players cannot skip/exploit the tutorial Rhogar Marauder (sorry speedrunners!).
  • Fixed death while healing, which caused respawn in death pose.
  • Fixed the conditions for final boss special loot - it’s actually doable now!
  • Commander boss becoming idle during fight is now extremely improbable.
  • Fixed the “die after respawn” issue both in Catacombs and in Solitude.
  • Post Chromashift setting is now optional.
  • Fixed a nasty visual bug when using Shelter spell.
  • Fixed Kaslo blocking the Planetarium entrance (#StopTheTappening).
  • Fixed Annihilator being permanently slowed down under certain conditions.
  • Saving the game without losing the Experience Multiplier is now possible (press L3 while saving), and regular saving does reset it.
  • Fixed the exploit allowing to keep Best permanently stunned.
  • Daze spell will no longer influence bosses, as it could easily have been exploited.
  • Fixed the triggering of cutscene with two imprisoned Monks in Catacombs.
  • Fixed the quest with Crippled Rhogar NPC, where under certain conditions, obtaining the reward was unnecessarily blocked.
  • The appearance of portal ending the Chamber of Lies made more intuitive.
  • Fixed the incorrect damage values displayed in Inventory.
  • Fixed Harkyn being able to pass through an intact secret breakable walls.
  • Fixed the unnatural contrast changes (especially visible in Keystone exteriors).
  • Fixed greatswords not dealing damage after parrying.
  • [PS4] Screen tearing significantly reduced.
  • [PC] Fixed several issues with disconnecting the gamepad controller.
  • Fixed the Catacombs bossfight arena lever inactive under certain conditions.
  • Fixed loot disappearing from chests upon death.
  • Tweaked the hitboxes for Champion boss.
  • Found and fixed few Hunter (crossbow) buggers who tried to shoot you through walls.
  • Fixed some locks disappearing from treasure chests.
  • Lowered frequency of “Patch is coming soon” message on Lords of the Fallen social pages.

You will also notice higher stability of the game on the PC. By the way, thanks to all those of you who helped us out with debugging. We would like to reach out to you personally in the upcoming days and extend our thanks beyond just words. Please bear with us.

Last but not least, this is not the last update for Lords of the Fallen. We will be giving you further improvements around the time that the upcoming Ancient Labyrinth story extension is released in January.

We certainly hope that there are no game-breaking issues left. Having said that, (and never saying never), please make sure to contact us via email at support@cigames.com if anything still remains. We want to work hard until everyone is happy.

Remember to check out our official Facebook and Twitter pages to be up to date with any updates on Ancient Labyrinth DLC and the next patch.

Sincerely,
Lords of the Fallen devteam.

DramaticPopcorn

With new beta Nvidia driver I can finally play this game with consistent FPS....

EDIT: This is what I what I saw on my desktop after getting shitfaced yesterday
MSGTMcK.png

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The game is badly optimized or something, but is the first time in long time when I cannot play because of FPS drops.

Also, one question: What is the strategy to kill the mobs always hidden behind a shield? I mean to kill them fast instead of waiting for them to perform a combo.

The game is badly optimized or something, but is the first time in long time when I cannot play because of FPS drops.

Also, one question: What is the strategy to kill the mobs always hidden behind a shield? I mean to kill them fast instead of waiting for them to perform a combo.
Go the other way, and level up until your hits cause them to stagger even from behind the shield

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Good advices. But I cannot play even with the latest patches. Everything is like pictures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom