Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Poor Nie wuxing.
Not only does his wife keeps him in tight leash, but Xu Jing trolls him a bit.

Anyway D
Sharp and well rested mind is best weapon in conference.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, on a different tangent: Is meeting the All-Seeing Astrologer still in the works? And should we obtain a rank or two of Traps considering the trap we used on the sword demon?

You missed the last chance for that with the long training. As for traps, it's a bit too reliant on the spider silk rather than general trap skill. Maybe, but at this stage a point or two there isn't important anymore.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So Bai Jiutian, secretive as she is, told the Madam about us, or the woman have noticed that something was wrong and pried the information out of her, which seems more likely. Madam Nie is the first class manipulator who holds all the threads to her puppets. She even tried to get a grip on Qilin by striking where it hurts the girl the most, and I hope she failed to plant the doubts in her head. We must prepare ourselves for the possibility that our moves were anticipated and that Jiutian might feed us whatever Madam Nie wants us to hear.

I have half a mind to go to sleep, as I think the other options are rather foolish.

Still, if there even a remote possibility that Bai Jiutian is an independent player that can break free from the caring claws of her shimu, I feel I have to pursue it.

B for now.

Damn, I feel bad for the Twins. First they are pawned off to zhang manxing, now to Man Tiger Pig, and after that it is Bai Jiutian's turn.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
A: I think Shun will know when it is the right time to show up. He doesnt need us to inform him.
B: This is the most interesting option.
C: This can turn out very badly if we are caught.
D: I dont like inaction.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Nevill I agree completly.

If we are trailed and go for A everytging goes to shit.

C might give us some insight but is masively retarded aswell.

D is a waste of opportunity (but then again sleeping once in a while might help too).

I hope if we go with B treave will make BJ less 2 dimensional. Id love to hear more of her back story and all...

Nevill

Arcane
I think any revelations Shun might make will have to wait until our Master arrives, and I really hope he does. Things are rapidly becoming complicated.

Still, it is nice to know what our enemies have planned, and the plan itself is pretty cunning. It makes it hard to disagree with him in public.

We'll see how we can derail it, I suppose. Fortunately, all of our allies (except Yandi?) are on board with the fact that we act in the Emperor's interests.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Glad that worked out. And I think I understand the general outline of their plan: win the vote under Shun's name, send Wuxing to Chang'an and assassinate Shun before he gets there, leaving the sword in Manlou's hands.

Still deciding between B and D.

Nevill

Arcane
Glad that worked out. And I think I understand the general outline of their plan: win the vote under Shun's name, send Wuxing to Chang'an and assassinate Shun before he gets there, leaving the sword in Manlou's hands.
Do they know where Shun is, though? I don't think so.

It is obvious that the sword was never intended to reach the Empreror, but there may be several ways it can be achieved.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
With B I think the upbringing that Nie's gave to BJ might be their plans undoing. She is too righteous for THEIR own good.

Nevill

Arcane
She is too righteous for THEIR own good.
Just where did you get that? Are we even talking about the same character who sent her shidi to his death at our hands, then attempted to murder him herself twice when no one was looking?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Do they know where Shun is, though? I don't think so.

It is obvious that the sword was never intended to reach the Empreror, but there may be several ways it can be achieved.
Palace? They probably don't expect him to be here, but they are expecting to win under his name which throws me off immediately. Planning to off Shun with the help of their legendary manuals after they 'secured' the sword for him would make for one day way to retrieve it.

By the way, Wuxing could not have been any more fake in his speech. Poor, whipped bastard just wsnts to be loved. :(

Kipeci

Arcane
D.

Not getting sleep derailed most of my hopes and dreams in the SPEEEHS!!! part of the Epic, and I don't want that to happen again.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Just where did you get that? Are we even talking about the same character who sent his shidi to his death at our hands, then attempted to murder him herself twice when no one was looking?
But Manxing was EVIL! +M

Baltika9

Arcane
Madam Nie lets out a heavy sigh. “That it may be… but the two of you should heed my words and marry as quickly as possible. Who knows what could happen in the near future… even tomorrow? Life is short. For example, what would you do if my husband offered you Shuixian and Mudan in marriage as a show of his desire to be your comrade?”
Yeah, this soothes ominous. Lets go check and check in with BJ, see if she can provide more insight.
B
Hopefully Armaiti or someone else from our gang won't let us oversleep. Babysitting is basically get job here, right?

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, this sounds ominous.
Do you mean yet another marriage proposal, or a barely veiled threat?

I get a feeling Madam Nie wants to get rid of us by whatever means, as we have proven ourselves an ally to the Emperor and a thorn in her side, but she also wants to spare her daughter, so she tries to distance her from us. It is not working out, though.

The question is, what does she love more, her daughter, or her ambitions? I think we know the answer.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
“I never-“ begins Nie, but a glance from his wife cuts him off. He nods. “There would have to be some preparations to be done, but to be honest, I… I think you have the potential… to be a good… ally.” He seems almost pained to speak those words – you have doubt if he believes it himself – but he forces them out anyway. “Not both, of course. No. That would be improper. My best disciple, Bai Jiutian, will take one of them as his wife.”
Nevertheless, I find it funny how the man tries to put up a show of how he is still in control of the situation, to keep at least an appearance of dignity, while being totally oblivious to how ridiculous he looks like. "Yes, I can sell my daughters out, but not more than one! I have standarts!" :lol:

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Nevertheless, I find it funny how the man tries to put on a show of how he is still in control of the situation, to keep at least an appearance of dignity, while being totally oblivious to how ridiculous he looks like. "Yes, I can sell my daughters out, but not more than one! I have standarts!" :lol:
Its kind of sad. Sure he is crooked, but his wife just pushes him even further.
His wife is the Emperor Palpatine.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Why anyone thinks tha they are lying?
By taking control of the pugilist world they have basically become as powerful as the emperor, and by pledging loyalty to him they are shielding themselves by being declared traitors and their entire clan exterminated.
It's possible that this is just a stratagem to have the emperor allow them to take power while is not yet secured, but is not so far fetched that they are not really planning to overthrow the emperor now or anytime else.

Votan:
D

Nevill

Arcane
Why anyone thinks tha they are lying?

It's possible that this is just a stratagem to have the emperor allow them to take power while is not yet secured, but is not so far fetched that they are not really planning to overthrow the emperor now or anytime else.
Because they chose to ally with the zhang clan, and not with the Emperor?
Because the zhang clan is interested not in giving the power away to Huashan, but in seizing it for themselves?
Because the zhang clan already committed treason by attacking the imperial constables and stealing the manual - and Huashan are directly involved?
Because there is a speculation that the zhang clan have planned for the conference way back when they murdered the Xiahou clan?
Because Luoying manor, to which Taoying island is apparently a successor, was always anti-government?
Because of Nie Wuxing's reaction at a mention of manlou's name?
Because of ten more reasons I am not bothering to remember right now?

Yeah, there is no way they are sincere. And Shun has no illusions about the matter, either:
“Afraid someone will take the throne from you?” you tease.

“Oh, they can very well try, and if I lose the throne I never deserved to park my bum there in the first place. If someone has that sword, though, they must have taken it from the resting place of the First Emperor. That’s grave robbery.”
[...]
“It might get dangerous. One of the people who might be attending is Nie Wuxing, leader of the Huashan Sect.”

“I know who he is, and how he is in bed with the Zhang clan,” says Shun rather dismissively. “Do not worry. I think I will be alright. Besides, I have you around to protect me, right? What can go wrong?”

But feel free to cooperate with them. :lol:
“My partners have agreed with my course of action. I was worried that you would have ideas of your own, but my wife pointed out to me your acts of service to the Tang. I knew then that you are a patriot, just like me.”

“Acts… of service?” How much do they know?

“You were raised as the prince’s right-hand man, were you not? It is a pity you did not come to Huashan when you were sent away; we could have raised you to greater heights,” smiles Nie. “Your recent actions in Youxia were also… interesting, to say the least. So, what do you say? Will you join me in serving the Emperor’s cause tomorrow? I know you have influence over a few others… your assistance will serve to make tomorrow’s conference merely a formality.
By the way, do not forget that Madam Nie is connected to the Youxia incident (making her guilty of treason if it is ever proven). She mentioned it in passing when we visited Bai Jiutian:
"I have enough to do after that mess in Youxia City without you creating more problems for me."

Last edited:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
A We brought a lot of people with us to be able to defend against... something. we might as well help the Emperor. Besides, Nie and his cohorts are going to try make the plan pan out anyway, so we might as well try to work it in our favor.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well here is current tally even thought I am pretty sure that it will change.

Jester A
Kashim slippers A

AkkuDakku B
Nevill B
Asxetos B
Ifeex B>C>D
Baltika9 B
Tribute B>D

Elfberserker D
Kipeci D
Kz3r0 D
Grimgravy D>B
Absinthe D
The brazilian slaughter D
Tigranes D>B

Option A: 2
Option B: 7
Option D: 7

Edit: Tribute added
Edit: Grimgravy added
Edit: I am drunk when writing this, but added absinthe, the brazilian slaughter and tigranes

FOR LOVE OF GOD, SOMEBODY DOUBLE CHECK THIS, SINCE I AM DRUNK

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom