Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
D> B

Absinthe

Arcane
Full moon might affect it, but I think it's night in general:
On your part, you wonder what you should do next. At this unearthly hour everyone should be fast asleep, but you are feeling full of energy tonight…
This is strange.

Back then, too:
The sun grows stronger, rising further above your head. You let out a huge sigh as the headache subsides.

Baltika9

Arcane
In before we start giggling madly and turn up in an opera mask for tomorrow's conference.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Demon is the new Shulgi.

...which is technically true. :|

This is going to be LUCK 1 argument all over again. "But what if it is the DEMONZ whispering in your ear?"

Nevill

Arcane
Damn treave'o might be trollan hard. Or you guys might just have found a clue...
Well, if Jing was left to his own devices he would never have refused another set of twins. Since he did a responsible thing and declined the offer, instead trying to support Shun and Qilin who now depend on him, I think we can safely say that the DEMONZ is strong with this one.

I'm getting some sleep. I have a feeling we screwed up bad so its time to cut losses.
What gives?

Absinthe

Arcane
Pretty sure night brings out the demon:
There is something different about the Sword Demon tonight, compared to when you had met him on the road. He seems sharper somehow… more real. More deadly.

And now we're oddly full of energy at this unearthly hour of night.

Absinthe

Arcane
We went to talk with Master Cowardice and Madam MILF Manipulation instead of going to get a vote from someone else, like the Taishan disciple.
Pretty much this. We already got outplayed just for being down a vote. All we needed was 1 vote to give no fucks about their plans as we would outvote their block.

Now we have to move to our backup plan of letting Shun take the stage.

Nevill

Arcane
We went to talk with Master Cowardice and Madam MILF Manipulation instead of going to get a vote from someone else, like the Taishan disciple.
Instead of stealing THE +1 Sword and rendering the whole thing moot, you wanted to say?

Look, if they were confident of winning, they would not be that worried about what you think and that eager to ensure your cooperation.
“Yes. That is what I will do tomorrow,” nods Nie Wuxing. “My partners have agreed with my course of action. I was worried that you would have ideas of your own, but my wife pointed out to me your acts of service to the Tang. I knew then that you are a patriot, just like me.”
[...]
"I know you have influence over a few others… your assistance will serve to make tomorrow’s conference merely a formality.”
If they are afraid of you making the conference not a mere formality, it means that their position in not invincible. At least now you know enough not to go along with their plan.

The choices A and B we have right now are the direct results of our previous choice. We would not have them if we didn't go along with the proposal.

I'd be down to finding out more - I'd like to know what exactly they plan to do once they have the sword - and we can do so if we don't try to hide from the DEMONZ under the bed, but I am also wary of visiting Bai Jiutian under Madam Nie's nose. The woman is very perceptive.

Maybe going to sleep is the right call.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Pretty much this. We already got outplayed just for being down a vote. All we needed was 1 vote to give no fucks about their plans as we would outvote their block.
I've gotta say that I disagree here, it wasn't a waste of time at all since we now know the first step of their plan and what is going on in their heads (somewhat). Before this we (and by 'we,' I mean the players) were absolutely certain that they were going to push for one of theirs to secure the Xuanyuan. Instead, Wuxing and his buddies* will be proposing that the Emperor take the sword...and that's about as far into their plan as we got.

The reason I wish to speak to BJ is because she is the only one that can potentially shed more light on their real goals and motivations because, by itself, the information we learned from Wuxing and Madam Nie isn't at all enough to understand their bigger plan. BJ and us have an alliance of sorts, and she is displeased with her elders so any chance we have of getting her out of their influence is good enough for me to vote for as well. It's not that I think D is a bad idea, because it isn't, just that B is better given the things and details we've learned from Wuxing.
Now we have to move to our backup plan of letting Shun take the stage.
Why? If us and Wuxing unite our votes to give him the sword, why would he even need to take the stage and do his persuasion thingamajig?
Since when is talking to MILFs a waste of time, bro?

Absinthe

Arcane
Nevill, wasting our time alone was a winning move for them. The other votes are: Huashan's two buddy sects, Zhang Minyue, and the couple. All we needed was to snipe one vote, but we failed. Now they have 5 and we have 4.

We can still be a threat, however, as they recognize we not only pack a lot of firepower, but we also have a capacity to go "screw the rules" and handle shit our own way plus we are the emperor's man, which makes us massively dangerous to their politicking.

That's why they're eager to get us on their side with the offer of a marriage and claiming to be the emperor's loyal subjects. But even without that, they already seized the votes now that we wasted time.

Since when is talking to MILFs a waste of time, bro?
Since you traded the opportunity to be a step ahead for the opportunity to be a step behind. If we had one more vote, their plans would have lost relevance since we would be the one to decide what happens to the sword. Instead, you decided to check out what they were planning.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
The fun fact about getting the majority of the votes is that the whole thing became possible because of our fiasco critical success with the Sword Demon, since we've got the extra votes by getting a gameover killing him. In a WQS-free timeline, we would not have a chance to gain such an advantage. I wonder if the conference would be meaningless then as well, and we should have cut our losses and never attended it. :)

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I can't really say that I regret going to to the meeting.

We know who really wears the pants in relationship and they know our connection to the prince.
I also feel that we strenghted our realitionship with Qilin. Now this is important since she is heiress for poison master clan of empire and I don't know how many things can top for having master of poison in our side.

This is also interesting developement that we feel alive during full moon. Perhaps this might be first step to regognize that we are possesed.
But staying a wake with only little sleep is a bitch and we might get some Qilin action if we go bed a earlier.

Anyway I am drunk ans this should be taken as drunken tale teller.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Actually going to bed with the demon feeling active can be dangerous, who knows what will happen when we 'sleep'?
Flopping to :
C.
The sister of a vampire can surely help us with our possession, or make it worse, let's try it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Nothing much. It won't have opportunity to influence Jing if he doesn't do anything.

Rex Feral

Prophet
A can go fuck itself, and I don't trust Bai Jiutan.

C sounds retarded, too.

Usually when treave gives us the option to take a break we better take that fucking break. All other choices must be rigged or at least have some bad outcomes.

I'll go with D.

Baltika9

Arcane
Tally, let me know if I missed anyone:

Akkudakku B
Elfberserker D
Nevill B
asxetos B
Ifeex B>C>D
Kipeci D
Baltika9 B
Kz3r0 C
Jester A
Kashmir Slippers A
Tribute B>D
Grimgravy D>B
Absinthe D
The Brazilian Slaughter D
Tigranes D>B
Rex Feral D
Chumbucket C

A-2
B-6
C-2
D-7

---

I dunno guys, I think that voting based on what the Demon might or might not do while we are asleep and/or awake is really beside the point here, since we know absolutely no facts about the fucker and what he/she/it can do and under what circumstances.

Absinthe

Arcane
We know that its influence over us will grow if we give it the opportunity. That's enough. We also can't be sure of Jing's actions in any of these events thanks to the demon.

Baltika9

Arcane
What gives it opportunities, though? Is it us being awake, asleep, acting on the values we hold? We know nothing about the thing, for all we know it can take hold of us while we sleep as an 'alter ego' of sorts and go around causing trouble under our name. Who knows?

Absinthe

Arcane
Jing told the demon he fights for those who depend on him, so the demon will use that to solidify its hold over him. At the same time, Jing will be drawn to promises, etc. that might not be a good idea, and will probably still be bound by them during the day. Overall, anything other than sleeping has the highest chance of the demon doing something to us.

The demon isn't about to puppet Jing's body while he sleeps. I don't think it works that way and it doesn't have enough influence yet.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom