Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Sunnmøring

Novice
We're missing an arm... I guess we should try to master WQS pretty quickly in order to make up for it. I just hope that Cao'er can negate most of the stat loss once we get off the island. She's going to be mad about this.

B2

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Skill caps denote potential and are not reduced.

Also, Shun could have gotten himself out of his own predicament by dragging things out more easily if Jing had not appeared when he did, which made the veiled lady decide to act instead of continuing the chat. Bad luck for him, that. A little earlier and he wouldn't have went ahead and put himself at her mercy, a bit later and he would have been able to launch his counter-attack uninjured. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, Shun could have gotten himself out of his own predicament by dragging things out more easily if Jing had not appeared when he did
Or by telling us about the plan beforehand, but where is the fun in that? :M

Nevill

Arcane
I take it we picked the worst of bad options.
Naturally. Shun survived, denying us the Yang Xue route, and we lived as well, so the threat of the DEMONZ ending still looms on the horizon.

This could not have went worse. :negative:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Or by telling us about the plan beforehand, but where is the fun in that? :M

The last two times he asked for Jing's help, he had something more important to do. Why would he want to trouble Jing with unnecessary requests for help yet again? It was his burden to deal with anyway. Something something deserves to fail, something. :M

Plus shouldn't this please the people that get all republican when the Emperor tries to give his lackey something to do by having Jing being left out of the plan? Isn't that what you guys wished for? Are you not entertained? :outrage:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
:lol:

These 'republican' tendencies that surfaced the last two times had a certain person in common. If Shun was smart enough to figure out the situation in the Fire Temple, chances are that he could have understood that the 'more important' thing no longer applies.

Still, I am more amused at his "don't worry, I GOT THIS" attitude during the whole scene than outright pissed at him.

And no, I am thoroughly entertained. :D

Also,
Shun had the only actual plan here: banish the bitch. Sadly, he didn't say a thing to us, went full retard and we paid the price. But hey, that's what best friends are for.
He owes us a damn beer.
Pretty much this.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's offering the prestigious sword of rulership, isn't he? You'd trade that for alcohol? :rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
The truth here is that Shun, for all his genius, 'gifted as fuck' level intelligence, is still a retard.
He's offering alcohol, isn't he? You'd trade that for the prestigious sword of rulership? :rpgcodex:
Fix'd.

But seriously, if rather see what else he has cooked up for us, maybe even a manual when he seizes it from the zhangs? Also, with us temporarily on the bleachers recovering from the loss of our first arm, he will probably need that Magic +1 Sword to cover his ass.
Speaking of which, when are the votes closing?

Nevill

Arcane
The truth here is that Shun, for all his genius, 'gifted as fuck' level intelligence, is still a retard.
Yup. Though I don't know if it disappoints me or raises my respect for the man. :lol:

As for the sword of rulership, we are no ruler, and don't strive to be one. A leader, a general - maybe, but hardly a ruler. Too much of a bother.

And when did Man Tiger Pig care for prestige more than for a good drink with a friend?

Baltika9

Arcane
Our drinking stat is disgraceful. :(

Xuanyuan can be a decent ace in the hole for us as a fighter, provided we learn how to unlock it's potential, but it's real advantage for us is that it's kinda supposed to give us command of the Ten Great Swords faction as Teh EMPRAH's champion. Actually, Shun was planning for this all along, and he also wants to get the Cult pardoned. Hmmm, could it be that he wants us to lead the faction for him?
Might flop to A just because I want to see the Douchebag Council forced to kneel before us in obeisance as their Spiritual Liege.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This will be covered in the next update, but whatever just happened is going to remain as secret as possible.

Nevill

Arcane
Xuanyuan can be a decent ace in the hole for us as a fighter, provided we learn how to unlock it's potential, but it's real advantage for us is that it's kinda supposed to give us command of the Ten Great Swords faction as Teh EMPRAH's champion.
Is it? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the description, and I don't see Wuxing kneeling before us. We are not the Emperor.

This will be covered in the next update, but whatever just happened is going to remain as secret as possible.
Why?

Also, why can't we ask what he has planned now?

I mean, if he doesn't go :troll: at us again. Which he might think of as a good idea, considering that the last time he did that we both survived anyway.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Rescinding my flop for a sec. What's his plan here? Guilt trip him if we must, but what is his plan for giving us the Xuanyuan?
Edit: Wait, I'm dumb. Wuxing had a fake sword that he will present him with. We have the real thing. Since we can't reveal the full situation and make ourselves look the hero for giving an arm to save him, this is the next best thing to make our enemies look the opportunistic cowards and us the dedicated hero. Huh.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Explain it to me, please. Slowly, and in short sentenses. Twice.

I seem to have problems grasping why we are needed for this.

Baltika9

Arcane
Is this what Gao Ying and Yu have to put up with every day? Makes me glad for them that we didn't stay at the palace, every update would have been a Beavis and Butthead episode. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
What plan?
The retarded plan, of course. Like counting on chatting the immortal up and then killing her with the sword he could not be sure she would have on hand (and even if she did, how did he plan to get it if she was the one holding it?).

Shun said:
"No, actually, I intended this from the start."
What exactly did he intend? The 'honour' line does not do it for me.

Ah, SPOILERS it is, then. We'll be entertained again. :lol:

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, well, you'll just have to wait till the end for an explanation for all of that. :M

If you don't get yourself killed before then, that is.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I said do not go after Shun, no one listened...

ALSO Nie has a false sword. We take real sword. When Nie presents false we present real. Nie played for a fool and a coward he is. We win.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Look its the future me I finally built the time machine and moved back in time.
url
You need to listen to me! In the future you all transform into douchebags. Also without sword we are doomed.

BRB I have to send my past self to build the timemachine.
url

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Why would presenting the false sword make Nie a coward?

Why do we want to play the rest of the sword wielders for fools after we suggested to bring the sword to the Emperor?

Why presenting the sword is that big of a deal in the first place?

We still don't know what is it that Wuxing wants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom