Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

tropic

Scholar
Absinthe, that assumes that treave won't pull a trololol and say "arm regeneration succeeds but takes 400 years, LP now over, war god end applies."

We have pretty consistently neglected holistic questions about Jing's destiny in favor of physical affairs - solving murders and playing jianghu politics rather than investigating Chi You's relation to Nu Wa and the significance of our birth astrology.

If there was some assurance (treave?) that 1 would be a significant departure from the planned conclusion of the LP (the Summit) and instead open a new healing/metaphysical-oriented chapter, I would be all for it.

That said, given the last page or so of dildo/tentacle arm jokes, I'm pretty sure some of us are taking this LP a little more (too?) seriously. Maybe a chapter focusing on philosophical/mystical themes wouldn't be interesting to most.

I'm not trying to be high-minded here - I'm just trying to figure out how much agency we really have in changing the direction and duration of the game.

treave, can you comment on that?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It it pretty obvious to me that 1 leads straight to the epilogue. :lol:

And a pretty 'meh' epilogue, at that.

Fangshi

Arcane
A second vote huh?

Will vote 2 then, making my vote B2.

It seems unsporting to try and undo the consequences of our choices by abandoning the plot like that. Perhaps there will be a way to get the arm back, perhaps there will be a way to work around, perhaps we will fail gloriously and save the world from God of War Jing (which would break my heart). :(

Still we should press on and see this to its end.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think the humour is just the way to cope with losing our first arm.

I bet codex would love to DISCUSS philosphical and mystical themes and overanalyzed every detail.
I am quite serious here.

Absinthe

Arcane
Absinthe, that assumes that treave won't pull a trololol and say "arm regeneration succeeds but takes 400 years, LP now over, war god end applies."

We have pretty consistently neglected holistic questions about Jing's destiny in favor of physical affairs - solving murders and playing jianghu politics rather than investigating Chi You's relation to Nu Wa and the significance of our birth astrology.

If there was some assurance (treave?) that 1 would be a significant departure from the planned conclusion of the LP (the Summit) and instead open a new healing/metaphysical-oriented chapter, I would be all for it.

That said, given the last page or so of dildo/tentacle arm jokes, I'm pretty sure some of us are taking this LP a little more (too?) seriously. Maybe a chapter focusing on philosophical/mystical themes wouldn't be interesting to most.

I'm not trying to be high-minded here - I'm just trying to figure out how much agency we really have in changing the direction and duration of the game.

treave, can you comment on that?
Alerting treave.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Keeping it (A) doesn't make sense, really. We are one-armed, not suited to the sword at all (feels awkward, intended for the Emperor in the first place) and Chi You (us) is really pissed at it.

I'd rather we take Shun's 'other rewards' that have the potential to benefit us more. Besides, with us temporarily handicapped (until we stop being a pussy and learn to compensate for having just one arm) and him being just as much of a risk-taking moran as us, he does really need it more.

Tigranes

Arcane
2. I'm tired of "treave what about this can we do this can we do this", sometimes it gives us fun options but with the plethora of lore and abilities in the setting now there's always going to be something else to whine/argue/daydream about. I'd rather let treave tell the story.

The irony is that it takes the focus off the real vote. Another thing about that is, do we necessarily want to deal with the aftermath of keeping the sword re. the conference? Before the immortal interfered we led the way in saying the Emprah should take the sword, if we show up with it afterwards we're going to look mighty suspicious. And we can't exactly say "oh that dude was Shun btw and he said I can have it."

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Actually, I'll swap with B2

The last thing we need is to have people see us walking with the sword and trying to spin it that we attacked Shun to get it. The other award may be nice.

ChumBucket

Augur
I thought that by Shun giving us the sword he was symbolically giving us (and thus the Fire temple) the Emperor's seal of approval. That is the main reason I voted for A. You know what they say about assuming.:roll:

Looks like B will win anyways. No point in changing my vote.

Kz3r0

Arcane
For all the heathens:
The Winter Solstice Conference Begins

His grip turns as solid as steel. You wince in pain as you try to shrug him off, but your efforts prove futile. “I can’t!” you say quickly. “I already have a master, and I’m bound to him-“ The man snatches up your arm – the one with the mark of poison. “This? I suppose it is a conundrum. I cannot cure it, and I am afraid I would rather you not die of petty poison. Still, I do have a solution.” He pulls at your arm gently. The crowd begins to shout, calling for help.

“Take off the limb and the poison will not reach your heart. Do not worry. Under my tutelage you will still be more powerful than any man, even with one arm.” With nary a hint of effort from the man, you feel your shoulder joint dislocate. You can already imagine your arm flying off in his grasp, spraying blood all over the hall.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Lets see.

We got sword strike at collarbone during Songfeng school duel and I bet it was the side as our missing arm.
Our arm got broken during fight against Guo Fu and I still bet it was the same arm.
Arm got broken in 100 man battle
We failed to save Bromasters by not giving our arm.
We saved Our empire and our buddies by sacrifieng our arm.

I bet all of those wounds were happening to same arm side. I bet that was the true cause of our bad luck.

Rex Feral

Prophet
First our eye, now our arm, what's next? Our dick?

I swear by the end of this LP Jing is gonna be a floating skeleton head shooting qi out of his eye sockets.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Take the sword and lets get the damened royal pardon this way, k?

Y U NO WANT ETERNAL EMPEROR JING? IF HE HAS THE RIGHT TO RULE HE HAS TO HELP HIS PEOPLE = SUBDUE THE WORLD = TECH SINGULARITY = BEST ENDING EVAR.

Tribute

Arbiter
For all the heathens:
The Winter Solstice Conference Begins

His grip turns as solid as steel. You wince in pain as you try to shrug him off, but your efforts prove futile. “I can’t!” you say quickly. “I already have a master, and I’m bound to him-“ The man snatches up your arm – the one with the mark of poison. “This? I suppose it is a conundrum. I cannot cure it, and I am afraid I would rather you not die of petty poison. Still, I do have a solution.” He pulls at your arm gently. The crowd begins to shout, calling for help.

“Take off the limb and the poison will not reach your heart. Do not worry. Under my tutelage you will still be more powerful than any man, even with one arm.” With nary a hint of effort from the man, you feel your shoulder joint dislocate. You can already imagine your arm flying off in his grasp, spraying blood all over the hall.
I brought that up and it was argued earlier that that doesn't count because we've been training based on having 4 limbs. We should still talk with Master Zhang about it, he obviously had ideas in mind about how we could become incredibly powerful with only one arm; maybe we can adapt that enough to get back up to form (or he can put us through more training from hell - he wouldn't want his beloved disciple missing the Summit! Or worse yet, participating and then putting in a poor showing.)

I'm just sad that we lost the ability to use a bunch of Eighteen Dragon Palms techniques immediately after getting the full set.

Kipeci

Arcane
B2

I told you guys to let the Child Elder do her thing... well, whatever. Zhang Jue said he could make us into the biggest badass alive with only one arm and we have the ridiculous broken power that can compensate for it anyway. This is definitely disappointing, though.

I think that the sword is better where it belongs, we have enough legendary sword as it is.

If we're lucky the fake sword is still around and we can go on the adventure to deliver it to the emperor anyway.

Absinthe

Arcane
Tribute, then vote 1?

Also, if our training were good for one-armed combat, then our combat skills wouldn't have taken a beating.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom