Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
+2STR +2AGI and less downtime? (+1SWORDS!?!?!)
The stats are overrated.

The only thing that bothered me about the loss of the arm was that it was going to make our everyday life more difficult than it needs to be.

I do not think that we are going to be any less dangerous when we get accustomed to it... if we get accustomed to it and not pussy out by cancelling the previous choice, that is.

And really, as tough as Vairya is, given the Southern Maniac's experience and Nippon Adventure power boost, this fight would favour Zhang Jue.
You can finally realize your wish you didn't get with Armaiti then.

Kz3r0

Arcane
No way, I cannot support the popamole of taking the Sword Saint's arm. We will be stronger than any man, even with only one arm, and we will be more unique in terms of our skill set. I want to see where this goes. This setback has only made us stronger - we're at the threshold of true, ultimate power (which only required the pittance of a single arm) and you fucks are scared?! For shame, Codex.
Yeah, let's offend the Sword Saint and piss off Cao'er even more while indulging Armhaiti fetish,:roll:

Esquilax

Arcane
Yeah, let's offend the Sword Saint and piss off Cao'er even more while indulging Armhaiti fetish,:roll:

Why do you hate Lord Zhang so much? If his best pal Shangguan Chuji loses his arm, who will little Zhang Jue have to play with? Why doesn't Master Shangguan want to play?

Nevill

Arcane
We would give away our arm to proitect Qilin or Yunzi, would we not? Ergo, an arm is worth +1 HAREM.

Let's not offend Zhang Jue by taking away his only worthy opponent.

Kipeci

Arcane
This is a very tough vote.

I think I will go with xAA(I+IV)A for now.

For the first vote, I love Cao'er and anything to do with her, but I don't really want the arm so much because we should investigate Armaiti's stump fascination in greater detail. I can't decide, so I leave this as x.

For the second vote, I'd rather troll as much as possible for the time that we're together, and regardless of stealthiness I think we will be found at some point.

Third vote, of course we should let the Ameshas that want to venture out do so since they've volunteered. I think these two most want to come, Ameretat outright said so and Vairya will be itching for a fight that, with generally boosted stats and skills, we might be capable of prosecuting well.

For the forth... I really want to go with B actually because I don't care much for Qilin and I've always cared more about making Jing the strongest fighter possible, but I can't after this:

“It’s… not so bad. Maybe we can have a fake arm that you can keep a snake in,”

I guess maybe this is grasping for a bit much but, treave, given the time Jing will spend helping her out and Jing's propensity to learn moves more easily with WQS... is there any chance we might pick up the animal taming skill and a nice critter for our eye? It would go very well with the future flag.

Nevill

Arcane
This is a very tough vote.
[...]
I guess maybe this is grasping for a bit much but, treave, given the time Jing will spend helping her out and Jing's propensity to learn moves more easily with WQS... is there any chance we might pick up the animal taming skill and a nice critter for our eye? It would go very well with the future flag.
I am positively amazed. I thought for sure you would jump at a chance to get the stats back. :hug::salute:

Any technique from now on will have to contend for spotlight with WQS. But you will have my vote for it the next time we get the choice.

ScubaV

Prophet
Oh treave you masterful troll you. Can you imagine the indignation if Absinthe had successfully gotten people to restore Jing's arm thereby causing the LP's end only for treave to reveal that we could have taken the Sword Saint's arm in the next update? Hahahaha oh man, just think of the backpedaling, alternative interpretations, accusations of lack of information and insufficient time for discuss. It would be too rich!

Rex Feral

Prophet
By the way...remember those SWORDS and UNARMED we trained for months at to get them to master level, i.e 8?

Without an arm they're 6, barely above mediocre.

Nevill

Arcane
Thank god we have all the time in the world then :lol:
You are being sarcastic, but we do.

Barely a day have passed since we've lost a limb. By the end of our journey (to Xiangyang, not the end of LP), I expect us to adapt at least partially, if not fully.

The choice isn't between recovery and becoming a gimp, at least as I understand it. It is between being restored to our old self and exploring the new avenues of badassery.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I just had most amusing thought.
Will Zhang Jue rip off his own arm, so he could fight even with Sword Saint?

I mean that man loves the challenge, but surely he is not crazy enough to cripple himself for good fight...Right?

aargh, the next technique training will be nightmarish when two amesha spenta show, what they can offer.

Kz3r0

Arcane
This discuss epitomize what has been wrong with the voting all along, someone points fingers arguing that a life or death decision was bad forgetting that prior to that there were other decisions that lead to a certain situation, look at how Codexers act, without any consideration for the future, as most people and gamers do, let choose the lulzyoption, or the sexy option, when time comes we surely will be smart enough to figure a winning strategy, right?
In this case I suggest you this vote:
Don't take the arm, we are such a badass now.
Let's travel with our sworn enemy while impaired and with the holy maiden at our side.
Let the Amesha Spenta alone, who needs them in the decisive battle that awaits us, without an arm and with impaired stats.
Let's train Chi Qilin, who needs training when you are without an arm.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
You are being sarcastic, but we do.

Barely a day have passed since we've lost a limb. By the end of our journey (to Xiangyang, not the end of LP), I expect us to adapt at least partially, if not fully.

The choice isn't between recovery and becoming a gimp, at least as I understand it. It is between being restored to our old self and exploring the new avenues of badassery.
why care about alternatives that will always be inferior if we can just go with good old non handicapped asskicking. a big NO to you special olympics freaks

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Most importantly, a vote against taking the arm is a vote against Cao'er, I hate you all.

Nevill

Arcane
why care about alternatives that will always be inferior
You see, I just hate the arguments that go 'this choice is inferior because it is inferior and definitely will not work - because it is inherently inferior" and usually laugh them off.

Most importantly, a vote against taking the arm is a vote against Cao'er, I hate you all.
Damn. You raise a good point. Hnnnngggg...

But why does she need us to have limbs? We'll be easier to manage if we don't have them. And we'll never abandon her again that way. And no one can take away our butthole anyway.

I just don't get it.

Maybe the girl just wants to be useful to us?

asxetos

Augur
I think Nevill and Esquilax are too optimistic that we can reach our previous fighting level somehow.
We spent too many years training unarmed and swords to just reset and go for more exotic moves.
I dont doubt that we will get some special moves, but you cant really be sure about their power level.

asxetos

Augur
why care about alternatives that will always be inferior
You see, I just hate the arguments that go 'this choice is inferior because it is inferior and definitely will not work - because it is inherently inferior" and usually laugh them off.

I wouldnt call 1B inferior. To me it is as simple as this:
We know, more or less exactly, what we get in A and how well it works, while in B its a coin toss.

Nevill

Arcane
I think Nevill and Esquilax are too optimistic that we can reach our previous fighting level somehow.
We spent too many years training unarmed and swords to just reset and go for more exotic moves.
I dont doubt that we will get some special moves, but you cant really be sure about their power level.
In the three months we've been away from the Maniac island, we've learned more than in two years. Like we said we would.

Hell, we got +2 qinggong in a month where it would have taken us 6 months of training otherwise.

I don't think we are being too optimistic here.

We won't be able to fight in the same way, but I doubt we would be worse off.

Baltika9

Arcane
We'll just have to use our dong in place of our arm. We will invent a new style of swordsmanship: cock dueling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom