Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Damn we lost our Bai-stard child :(
    Madam Nie will lose her head for this!

B1

^ Top  
  2. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    B1. Maybe we have improved enough to disrobe both of them in one move...

^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The girl just can't catch a break.

It is not enough that she had to grow up constantly lying to everyone about her gender and character, it is not enough her motherfigure have involved her in some nefarious schemes, but she also got tossed aside as soon as zhang family entered the picture and had to accept a rapist and a talentless hack as her shidi and equal. Not long after she tries to break free out of that mire, she loses her virginity to a scoundrel, gets pregnant, her attempt at gaining independence gets found out by the very person she tried to distance herself from, and on top of that she is forced to seek help from Madam Nie to make an abortion.

For a character that is supposed to be our 'enemy', there is too much unfortunate stuff happening around her for me not to sympathize with her.

Really, what is holding her in Huashan anymore? Is it Madam Nie's influence? Does she want to become the next Huashan head after Wuxing? With her reputation (woman or not) and skills, the girl can start a sect of her own. What does she want to get out of it that would be worth it all?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Head of one of great 8 sects is very tempting and powerful positition.
    Not to mention the poor girl has already sacrified so much that she really can't give up now either.

If she started her own sect then maybe she could get some crappy building, no noble sponsorship and perhaps 10 students to start with, while with hueshan you already have nice living place, good sect reputation as well +200 underlings, + donations from nobles.

Still poor Bai Jiutian.

^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I suppose so. Still, Nie Wuxing is not going to retire anytime soon, and now that he has got his heir, he can designate him his successor if he wanted to, like Song Jianke did with his daughter.

I don't know. If that is the dream she chases, it is awfully frail and flimsy.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    ^ Top  
  6. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    True, but the the child is just a baby at this point.
    I doubt that even Nie Wuxing can make his boy next head of hueshan unless the boy will become good martial artist, since Bai Jiutian does have suberb skills as well seems to be pretty popular in Hueshan. Besides it seems that the move Song Jianke did was pretty unusual since head of sect should be biggest badass around to scare the contenders away.

Besides being currently one of top Hueshan people is not bad position to be compared to other options she has avaible.
    She could start a new school, but I doubt that it could sate her ambitions and she might know too much to Madam Nie to simply to let her go free.

Bai Jiutian does have enought rep and skill to make succession ugly unless the contender is even close to her level, not to mention she is pretty good at intrigue for orthodox pugilist.

^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Wonder if we can use Xiaohu's presence in our group to cause some problems for Wuxing? Like, say, arranging his escape and then making it look like incompetence from their side? And then they deliver a fake sword to intercede for a clan of traitors. Yeah, their rep will be pretty much fucked. Now we just have to get our hands on their yin manual.

^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    That looks like a job for Gao Ying. I don't remember the last time when we framed anyone successfully. We just aren't cut out for this.

^ Top  
  9. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Not to mention that we are like number 1 on suspect ion list even if we manage to somehow frame escape on incompetency of Hueshan.
    We already have trickster and cunning reputation and are leader of unorthodox punch of this group...

We would definitely need outside help...A outside help with good reputation.

^ Top  
  10. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    C2, I don't see what's to be gained in cavorting with the Twins, they also seem like super stuck up boring types that I don't really want to see us waste screentime on. As for Pang, we really have very few reasons to deal with him. Nie has won this Manual hunt, let's move on and see if we can do better in fresh pastures.

^ Top  
  11. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Like, I dunno, BJ?

^ Top  
  13. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Lets just ask Bai Jiutian to help bandit for nothing for her to gain and making her look incompetent.:lol:

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Or to sabotage the Nie family and deny them the yin manual. We'll see what the next update brings us, just speculating now.
    Anyway, back to D:OS.

^ Top  
  15. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Practice with our arm? Basically I'm up for a fight whenever possible unless it seems that we might die from it or something, if just for the practice Jing gets. If we beat them maybe they'll whine less.

^ Top  
  16. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  17. asxetos Augur

asxetos
  18. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    B1

^ Top  
  19. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I was going to vote A1 and come up with arguments why I think it is better, but while doing so I argumented myself over to B1. Great update, I really liked the old bandit.

^ Top  
  20. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Voting Not B.

Cao'er just warned us against overusing our arm. This is a bad idea.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    ^ Top  
  21. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Who said we were restricted to that arm? We have plenty of other martial arts available if Jing feels he might stress it.

^ Top  
  22. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    We also don't know if it's safe to really use our neigong for now.

This is needlessly dangerous.

^ Top  
  23. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    A1,

Since we seem to be willing to tell the truth to our enemies we may as well go all the way. Can't wait to see what will happen when we tell them we have the Saint's arm.

I doubt we will be able to convince the Nie family to help but we will not find out till we ask so we might as well try. Not sure what we can do for the Little Tiger even if we do arrive in time for the trial though. He will be sorely missed.

^ Top  
  24. kazgar Arcane

kazgar
    C2

No point making things more difficult on this trip than I assume they're gonna get anyway. Fighting might impact us more than we need, and trying to curry more favours with Nie will also cause us more hassle than its worth. We'll end up paying somehow.

^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    We have already used our neigong. Where did the sword qi came from otherwise, the branch?

A little sparring (as opposed to a duel to the death) is something that should allow us to get back in shape, rather than harm us.

Tally (open)
    Kipeci B1
    Nevill B1
    ERYFKRAD C1
    Kz3r0 C1
    Elfberserker B2
    Baltika9 B1
    Akkudakku A2
    ChumBucket A1
    Tigranes C2
    archaen B1
    Grimgravy B1
    asxetos B1
    Rex Feral B1
    TOME B1
    Absinthe - Not B
    Fangshi A1
    kazgar C2
    Lambchop19 B2
    tropic C2>A2

A1 - 2
    A2 - 1
    B1 - 8
    B2 - 2
    C1 - 2
    C2 - 3

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.