Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, could Jing use Wuxiang Qiankun as tactician to get a better understanding of everyone's abilities (and the moves the enemy is about to execute)?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Treave, could Jing use Wuxiang Qiankun as tactician to get a better understanding of everyone's abilities (and the moves the enemy is about to execute)?
You won't be able to give effective directions without using it in the first place, since you lack actual experience with Qingcheng and Huashan styles. No matter how talented or skilled you are there's still an experience gap between you and Nie Wuxing.

Absinthe

Arcane
I thought we already experienced some of Huashan's style (Bai Jiutian and Twins) firsthand.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You don't have any actual experience using it beyond some quick imitation, do you? Regardless, you can't compare a couple of fights to a lifetime of exposure to orthodox styles. Nie Wuxing can quickly and easily call for a specific move by name. You can't, even if using Wuxiang Qiankun. You don't automatically get the move's name in your head unless told to you, after all. That part is a definite disadvantage in terms of communication.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now, I know that communication is but one of our problems, but wasn't it said that the orthodox disciples usually pick one-two techniques which they then hone to perfection? If this is the case, then the Twins' whole arsenal can probably be showcased in less than 10 minutes. We won't be learning the moves in such a short span, of course, but at least this can show us what tools we have at our disposal. Our understanding of the moves might be lacking, but at least we won't run into a problem of not knowing how to call them so that our team would understand.

Unless it referred to the moves that Wuxing would be telling his teammates to execute, and us being unable to predict them based on names alone.

Nevill

Arcane
What's with the defeatist attitude? :rpgcodex:

Have faith in THE DEMONZ, bro. We can yet kill the Sword Saint and escape into the night. Everything to save the ones who depend on us!

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
We'll see what happens. Hopefully that 4 scholarly knowledge (which was apparently tactics focused) will finally do something.

In other news, our strength damage seems to have recovered and...
Sword - 9/10

Interesting.

Nevill

Arcane
Even more interesting is this:
Nie Shuixian
(Exiled Huashan Twin #1)
- Primary Skills -
Unarmed - 5
Sword - 6
Saber - 5
Spear - 6
Neigong - 5
Qinggong - 6
-Learnt Techniques-

Nie Mudan
(Exiled Huashan Twin #2)
- Primary Skills -
Unarmed - 5
Sword - 6
Saber - 6
Spear - 5
Neigong - 5
Qinggong - 6
-Learnt Techniques-
Were they always like that, or did we lose and got them crippled? Because with all the trouble they were giving us before, I thought they were much better than that.

Hmmm... does the red font color mean it is supposed to go even higher once we recover fully? :roll: Because my heart is not ready for that much +SWORDS just yet.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Those stats seem unimpaired. Otherwise, they should be red like Xuezi's. You're forgetting that the Huashan Twins fight as a pair.

Nevill

Arcane
And we no longer have BRO Fu on our team. Did we flee, after all? God, the tension is killing me.

Absinthe

Arcane
Guo Fu has his own responsibilities and duties. We were only traveling together in the first place.

I don't think we ran off. If we did, we would have a reputation drop with the bro factions.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Uuh...guys?
I think that at this rate we seriously have to consider to get that +1 charisma and speech skill.
I dread to think what happens when Bai Jiutiam joins our harem or god forbid have somehow Yiling to join us ( gotta catch em all!...Right?)

Nevill

Arcane
I dread to think what happens when Bai Jiutiam joins our harem or god forbid have somehow Yiling to join us ( gotta catch em all!...Right?)
Having Bai Jiutian join us is a secret dream of mine. But it probably is never meant to happen. The differences in our personalities and worldview aside, she has to literally lose everything (her position in Huashan, her hopes for the future, her reputation, her shimu's trust) even to consider such a move.

It could happen if zhang manxing ever comes back and starts throwing accusations around, but the conflict with zhangs might come to a conclusion before that - and after, no one would listen to a word of what a 'traitor' has to say. Besides, I have a feeling that manxing is not going to show up until the very end.

Besides, as far as candidates go, zhang Minyue is a better bet than Tian'er or Yiling anyway.

Still, there is harem, and there is harem. Despite the ever-growing entourage, the number of our wives have remained a constant for years. The rest are perfectly fine with being in a friendzone.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well the main 3 wifes have been pretty constant number, but Miss Song has shown ambitition to join our harem when we were in Shaolin temple...And she did find us interesting.
Yifang is still in friendzone field, but she could become quickly our number 4 or 5 waifu.

The twins are mixed bag since they are exiled from hueshan and Nie Shuxiang seems to have given us a chance....I have no idea where we end up with Nie Mudan since she seems to think we strip her every opportunity we get ( Not that I can excactly fault her in that line of thinking after Young tiger tournament...)

It's too bad we did blow our chance to get that Zhou clan girl.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Still, there is harem, and there is harem. Despite the ever-growing entourage, the number of our wives have remained a constant for years. The rest are perfectly fine with being in a friendzone.
In true harem anime tradition, even the friendzone characters profess their long hidden desire to join the harem at the end.

gotta catch 'em all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
The twins are mixed bag since they are exiled from hueshan and Nie Shuxiang seems to have given us a chance....I have no idea where we end up with Nie Mudan since she seems to think we strip her every opportunity we get.
That's just how Man Tiger Pig shows his affection. :love:

I wonder what does Bai Jiutian think about this whole mess. I mean, we definitely bailed her out of this:
“I never-“ begins Nie, but a glance from his wife cuts him off. He nods. “There would have to be some preparations to be done, but to be honest, I… I think you have the potential… to be a good… ally.” He seems almost pained to speak those words – you have doubt if he believes it himself – but he forces them out anyway. “Not both, of course. No. That would be improper. My best disciple, Bai Jiutian, will take one of them as his wife.”
She should be grateful she will not have to look for excuses anymore! :M

I wonder if there is going to be a change in our policies since the Justice League have suddenly expanded to a half of our team. I expect to hear 'but that would be WRONG' argument a lot more often from now on.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I wonder how far pressaure points or that appearance changing technique can change person.
Can Cao'er use her 10 pressaure point skill to give Bai Jiutian a working dick and balls?

I remember waay back to page 6 or 7 that Treave mentioned that pressaure points can do pretty extreme things...
I-I think I should just stop right now with this line of thought.

Edit: Hah found it on page 5!

Rank 10 pressure point masters can pull off similar bullshit.

Make people dumber? *jab* Done.

Smarter? *jab* Done.

Change their sex? *jab jab jab* Done.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I wonder how far pressaure points or that appearance changing technique can change person.
Can Cao'er use her 10 pressaure point skill to give Bai Jiutian a working dick and balls?
You are not the only one with a scientifically oriented mind!
So, since she is at 10 skill in Pressure Points, can she solve that Xiaofang conundrum before Jing becomes confused with his sexual preferences?
She needs to learn the specific technique first.
:negative:

On the bright side, why would we want to change BJ in any way? As she is now, she comes off as a sort of a tragic villain, but with a dick he would be just another asshole.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Uuh..For SCIENCE!
AND VICTORY!

It's well known fact that removing balls affect our qi greatly, so surely adding balls where there was none surely affect Qi as well.
Even gifted as fuck martial artist like Tien'er must spend some time to learn handle that constant source of Yang energy!

:codexisfor:

Nevill

Arcane
Rereading the updates, I came upon this bit about our arm:
The twins go on the attack again with precise, flowing movements as they dance around you and begin performing a series of elegant slashes and jabs. Their control over their technique is quite remarkable; you are not sure if you would be able to manage the same. The softness of their attacks gives you trouble; you are unable to execute your Taiji Sword to maximum effectiveness – at your current level of understanding, you find a furious, forceful assault easier to deal with than a gentle but constantly changing pattern of attack. Switching things up, you give your arm over to instinct to defend against the twins’ relentless pressure; as if sensing the flow of their swordplay, you often find yourself already moving your wodao into position a split-second before they begin their strike.
Still not sure if it has to be a conscious decision on our part to turn the control over, or if the arm can move by itself. :?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If this is the case, then the Twins' whole arsenal can probably be showcased in less than 10 minutes.

I feel that there may be a problem in the Twins publicly, and purposely, showing and naming every Huashan move they know when their father was about to cripple their martial arts ability on the pretext that they aren't Huashan anymore. It is also suspicious if you memorize it that quickly.

Guo Fu has his own responsibilities and duties. We were only traveling together in the first place.

Regardless of how the duel ends, it is quite impossible for you to travel together with Nie Wuxing after this. Too much bad blood.

Anyway, after thinking for a while about it, I'm cutting the update in half, keeping the latter part, and letting you guys decide how it all goes down. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom