Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Grimgravy Cipher Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    C

Sounds the most interesting and my even work.

^ Top  
  2. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Maybe thats why tthey have those metal chest things.
    They might manipulate their senses with those needle by using some kind of pressaure point technique. Maybe they can somehow sense diffrence between normal and drugged persons.

We only know that they have been drugged, but we don't know if they had used somekind of forbidden technique.
    It would be almost legendary technique potential, but not impossible since we have seen that even with right technique you can control shadows.

The drug might make persons more succesible to forbidden technique or there is something in vests that allows them some sort of sensory friend or foe mechanism.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    D>A

^ Top  
  4. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  5. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Where are these court proceedings taking place?

If all the madmen (or even just the husband and wife) get loose in C, wouldn't they be running all over the orthodox pugilists? I would think having a bunch of berserking loonies escaping from your facility would raise a lot of uncomfortable questions for the BDS and anyone associated with them, at least as far as the orthodoxy is concerned. And as someone said above, it should disrupt Yao's "trial".

^ Top  
  6. Kashmir Slippers Magister

Kashmir Slippers
  7. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter

Yeah that's what I thought. Like the others said, through, I'm afraid our crew might get killed in the battle.

This might also fuck up the Beggar fight and force the Beggar Civil War to continue rather than finally ending.

^ Top  
  8. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Treave, could we subdue them by draining their qi? Would our pressure points skill help us with that?

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Makes no real difference in terms of time or effort, if compared to A. Vest is still in the way and draining isn't instant.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    C>A>B>D

^ Top  
  11. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    A>C I will give A a chance, but I still believe it's retarded somewhat and wishing too much goes right (but not on D levels).

^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Current tally:

A - 5
    B - 1
    C - 5
    D - 4

^ Top  
  13. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Aw, come on. You guys know that you're going to regret missing the chance to demonstrate the power of love!

The power of fists is a good substitute, though, and I want to see if we can get better control over sword skills from the Sword Saint's arm now that we're considered a master among masters of the sword-- even if they're stronger this time, we've improved much as well, and with Yunzi and the power of love on our side I am sure that we will win through to absolute victory.

edit: Forgot to put in flop D>A

^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The 'Power of Love' is likely to amount to the parents snapping out of it over the corpses of their children. Heartwarming, sure, but not quite desireable.

^ Top  
  15. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Why not? That gives them no reason to go along with the Zhang clan's demands and instead enables them to fully commit to the destruction of our mutual enemies. It's a downer if it doesn't work out, but we win either way.

^ Top  
  16. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Dicks will be dicks it seems

^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    A number of reasons, starting from the kids being one of the few actual witnesses who can confirm that the zhang clan has anything to do with their kidnapping (the parents only have their word for it), and ending with that it requires a conscious decision not to interfere from us, earning us a massive WTF reaction from our party. Not to mention the parents already aren't listening to zhangs, which is how they ended up in captivity.

It makes no sense however you look at it.

But I do not believe you are looking for a (semi-)serious discussion, so I see no point in arguing it further. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Yeah, the risk is really high in D. I do think there is a chance in that under the original design, without the tremors, the Zhangs would never have broken their restraint - i.e. the prison was not designed to let the Zhangs get their hands on their chidlren - which makes it a possibility that the whole point was to deprive them of the children they love in front of their eyes, rather than have the children be in danger of getting killed by their parents. But still, it's not a conclusive or even likely thing.

Rescuing the children and Zhangs both are incredibly important to proving how fucked up the BDS are. We don't know what happened with the tremors, but let's say we turn up with both of them at the Yao trial - every Orthodox member, Nie included will have to declare permanent opposition to the BDS.

A > D.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    A thing to consider in D is that Qingfeng radiates hostile intent directed at everyone, his children included.

With about a hundred or so prisoners that are about to escape, I don't think we'll find the trial still going when we get out. It'd be nice if the city would still be standing.

I, too, want to save the parents, but I wonder if A is our only chance to do it, or if there will be other opportunities.

I think the antidote exists - the ones who conducted the experiments should have foreseen happenings such as this and taken counter-measures.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    ^ Top  
  20. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Flopping to D>A

I still believe that power of parental love is enought to overcome anything, But I guess messing with needles or using our fist is also fine option too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. D

For the record, I don't care if they kill them. But something tells me this couple is still all about love.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Voting flat C.

We really don't have the pressure points skill for A and those fuckers move too damn fast for our 9 perception to work magic. D is going to get kids killed.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Current tally:

A - 6
    B - 1
    C - 6
    D - 5

Post-flop:

A - 9
    B - 1
    C - 6
    D - 2

I'm probably going to update around Tuesday.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    So who is it going to be this time, Qilin or Yunzi?

:avatard:

^ Top  
  25. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Demonz gon be pissd

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.