Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    :lol::bro:

Well, Yao is master of pressaure point fighting guys, so either there will be armored dudes guarding him or there will be chains.
    Pure physical strenght was never Yao strenght, especially since he is like 80 or 90 years old at this point.

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    D
    I want to believe.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It depends on whether you are going to defeat all the prisoners afterwards.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Fighting all of the prisoners, by ourselves. Dozens of cells, 2-3 prisoners per each, at the very least. A hundred man battle, part 2?

[​IMG]

Though maybe not all of them are as strong as the wielders of the legendary swords?

^ Top  
  5. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    There is that totally ruthless route, where we can be safe and search clues as well.
    B will leave the kids hating us for rest of our lives, but it's the quickest and perhaps safest way, if we want to find clues while the base is still standing.

^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    It still does not solve the problem of letting the rest of the prisoners outside.

^ Top  
  7. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    C has the added benefit of POSSIBLY, MAYBE fucking up the court precedings for some time.

^ Top  
  8. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    That's true.
    But it does free our hands from this particle problem for whatever happens next.

^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, and killing the children frees our hands from yet another problem. What use are they without the parents?

This line of thinking doesn't lead to anything productive, and we never took that way out before.

The bro-ness of the parents aside, they are still a valuable sourse of information and a pair of witnesses. I would have preferred to take them alive and cure them of their affliction.

I am still pondering if I should go A, in fact.

It might be a good idea to think about the situation in terms of 'what would have happened if we weren't here'?

The girls would probably have found the cell and fled with the kids. They can't really fight the parents off. They also probably wouldn't have killed them, and they would lack the raw power to stop the prisoners from escaping.

So, if we weren't here, then the prisoners would have broken free anyway. If we were with Yao, we would have been able to protect him and his granddaughters in the resulting chaos. But what if we were among the beggars? Would then Yao, Cao'er and Yifang be in danger of dying? Probably not. It would be unfair if we would have lost a part of our crew just for joining the beggar fight. So, meta though it may be, my thinking is that we can trust our people to fend for themselves.

Now, the swarm of raving madmen on the loose is never a good thing, so it probably will have its share of negative consequences. But I don't think it will be the lives of our entourage.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    ^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    D is the only right choice. Love is the answer to everything.

^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    But I thought PRAY was the answer to everything?

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    That was before we were possessed. Only love can save us now.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    But Nuwa still loves us, I am sure! She would not go to such lenths if she didn't.

Man up and pray for Celestial Love already!

^ Top  
  14. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Very true.
    I am not particle adovacitng killing the parents, but it's fastest route to continue gathering information in black dragon society.
    Of course losing time here will take time from gathering clues, because it seems the whole place will rumble down.

Of course, love will prevail!
    You know it's true Nevill, don't let that pesky logic to dictate your vote but your heart.
    Vote for true bro action!
    For Love and freedom!
    Vote for D!!!!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We need to level up our Love stat for that first. Starting with D here.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Oh god, why I didn't realize this sooner!?:lol:
    Love option has backings of dicks!

Vote for the love and dicks people!
    :M

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Oh wow you really want to fuck up the psyche of Qilin, Yunzi AND Armatat with D guyse? +M

^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    They will be astounded and entranced by our faith in the power of love!

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    They're all psychos anyway.

^ Top  
  20. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Can anybody convince me to go A?

It looks like whatever is happening didn't happen for the first time here.
    Maybe their madness is only temporary? It was invoked through sound, seemingly by someone/something, and a signal to stop might come just as suddenly.

Or maybe the kids referred to all the other prisoners they've seen during their imprisonment. Though I've got an impression that these things occur here on a daily basis if the kids can predict them with such precision.

^ Top  
  22. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Voting A might = voting for death if those other fuckers get out of their cells quick...

^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I am fairly sure that we won't be the one in danger. I also believe that no one will die, though an injury of one of our girls is likely, given the disparity in strength.

One has to ask himself - if those mad people lunge at everyone in sight, how come they have conquered the Bandit Kingdom, and not killed each other - or their masters - instead?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Well certainly there is some imprinting.

^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Of what kind, though? It was said that we aren't terribly interesting to Qingfeng and Langhai by ourselves. Not enough to follow us, at least. Why would the other inmates pay us more attention than them?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.