Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    C

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Having his dick rot and fall off granted him both insanity and impressive levels of neiggong. He can't help it. It's just the way he rolls now. :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Oh. For a second there, I though you meant Gao Ying. But I should have realized he is the ball-less one.

Hm, seems like a lot of those are running around nowadays.

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Seriously, though, why did the guy off the brother? Is he just a vigilante or is he an assassin sent by the Douchebag sects to ensure silence. If it's the latter, then we ought to consider keeping this guy sane and alive.

^ Top  
  5. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Might as well join the bandwagon C

It seems that Qillin got unarmed skills +1 and Miss Song left our entourage.
    We miss you Miss Song and missed opportunity to learn your qinqqong and sword style:salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Tribute Arbiter

Tribute
    A and B are probably the most useful options, but C seems the most in-character for Jing as we've been playing him lately. He's constantly giving up opportunities to learn more in order to help the people he likes.

C will also feed the demon.

Not sure where to vote yet.

^ Top  
  7. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    :deadhorse:

We need a freeform choice to go to sleep immediately. It is a proven method of fighting demonic possession.

^ Top  
  8. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    C>D Scratch that.
    D>C sounds better. I want to see what shenanigans the Elder Black Dragon can get up to.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    ^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    We'll learn it through WQS when we genocide Qingcheng for death of Master Yao.

There is a lot of time we've wasted in the fortress. And there was a promise of an interesting update.

Maybe we'll finally get to choose between saving Qilin and Yunzi, after all. For real this time.

^ Top  
  10. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    You mean to become aware of DEMONZ or not?
    After all, killing Yunzi would have strong enought narrative power to let Xu Jing to become aware of his possession.

Or better yet, if both die then Jing with power of ultimate emoness banish Demon to heavens!
    :troll:

^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    The more I think about it, the less I want to get rid of it or pay it any mind. Especially with all those "we must fight the DEMONZ" considerations popping up every second update. As if we have a choice. The whole reason we joined the manual hunt and political struggle was to help out the Fire Temple, then our Emperor bro, and then to protect our own crew (we promised Yao and Miecao to keep their grandkids safe, then we declared war on the zhang clan, and it all spiraled from there). All of these are well within the DEMONZ' agenda.

I don't see people lining up to abandon any of those goals.

Of course, what we lack in malice we can readily compensate with stupidity and botch it up involuntarily, like getting Yunzi or Qilin killed (I don't know which one it should be, actually). That will fix our problem!

Besides, it's a cool ending, all things considered. Add immortal Cao'er to it for extra creepy flavor, and I'd say it's a keeper. :)

Hmmm... Would sending Chi You's FFFFFFFFUUUU~ straight to the Heavens qualify as a winning condition? It'll show that Nuwa and her pet Immortals for sure!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    ^ Top  
  12. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Well, Hundred Maniac Fight went great. We still have our limbs, even, so that's a win for sure!

Voting C

Kill him and take the Antidote to Cao'er!
    This guy is too dangerous to leave alive. We need to save the couple as well as get something we can use against any further berserker fighter attacks. We're trading clear benefits NOW for vague info later. What if we save this guy and then he kills Jing? He's a snake. I'm not risking it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Jester Arbiter

Jester
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Marginally more interesting.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Yeah, choosing between Yunzi and Qilin fits the bill, given that the whole chapter was about waifu choices so far.

Now, if it were a battle between Vairya and Lord Zhang... ;)

^ Top  
  16. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    C! The Hei fucks had this long coming to them.

Also it's what we come here for.

Also good job setting the place on fire Masked-Mad (or The Guardian of Metal...)!

^ Top  
  17. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    I hope that we get those tech's as a parting gift at least... ;-(

^ Top  
  18. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Hey treave, can we make it for a last-minute appearance at the trial? If nothing else, the demon empowers us for the sake of those who depend on us, right?

I want to see if Jing can pull a "Take me instead! As his disciple, let me suffer my master's punishment for his sake." I'm pretty sure Mao Sanjiao and Nie Wuxing would have their own reasons for accepting this (ie. they want Jing dead), so I wonder how Song Lingshu will react to becoming the villain of this situation should the execution go through.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That, uh, depends on whether the trial is still going on at this point? :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Absinthe, old chap, I think we're finally starting to think alike.
    :hero:

^ Top  
  21. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Well, treave, that's all within your narrative power.

^ Top  
  22. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    The trial was supposed to happen at the gates of the Black Dragon Society. I'd guess that having the entire fortress behind them butchered and set on fire by Mysterious Cloaked Figure may have caused the court to adjourn.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    That.

Or maybe the court's decision is what set the fortress on fire in the first place. ;)

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Very well then, my narrative power demands that Jing misses the trial for taking the longest (time-wise) options for the previous two updates.

:M:rpgcodex::M

Actually, I suppose you guys didn't notice that Song Lingshu was removed from the list about two updates back?

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.