Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
So let me get this straight. You are advocating that a complete and utter annihilation of one side is actually a more humane and merciful solution compared to the struggle? Geez, genocide is really an all-purpose solution.
Didn't you know?
Joseph Stalin said:
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually, now that The Brazilian Slaughter have mentioned his theory...

It makes perfect sense.

- Changfeng and her crew were meant to incite the orthodoxes to go after Zhang Jue and perish there. After that Changfeng was supposed to be terminated.
- The orthodoxes who attacked the Fire Cult at Wufushan were also likely meant to be slaughtered. (I never undersood what was the purpose of this - until now)
- What about Minamoto pirates? Weren't there powers in the Court interested in that the conflict would not get resolved peacefully? And weren't the minor orthodox sect meant to die at the hands of much better prepared pirates?
- Then there is the Heihu Valley and the subsequent Black Tiger Valley where we united with the orthodoxes to push Ahura back.
- And now Yang Xue and zhang manxing who were meant to kill us all - in Xiangyang, or at the Summit, - but instead one have found his death at our hand, and the other took his fury on the innocents of Chang'an.

Perhaps we were foiling all of Shun's plans since the very beginning? :lol: Then it is only fitting that we cross out his last one as well.

Didn't you know?
Joseph Stalin said:
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
Yeah, but, see, there are actually two problems - Shun, and the rest of our friends. And I am too lazy to go across the country hunting all these people. I am just being time-efficient here. :M

Also,
So the finale will be a demon-powered duel between Jing and Shun?
image.jpg

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I just hope demonz dont fuck over our friends in the end with either option.

Still Shun needs a proper ass kicking for 9/2! Nevar forget!!!!

ScubaV

Prophet
treave, after the Summit and becoming leader of Huashan did Bai Jiutain reveal herself as a woman or is she still pretending to be a man?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B and screw Shun for pulling this shit after all we've done - and lost - for him. If we help him, he'll want to put all the toothpaste back in the tube and kill the masters and us and our harem and our children to be anyway.

If he's really enough of a control freak to have planned this from the beginning, there is no way he'll want anyone who can even challenge his rule alive. A is how we'd end up dying like a chump.

Crazy son of a bitch apple doesn't fall far from the tree. We will probably end up like Yang if we help Shun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absinthe

Arcane
I figured "You would bring about the downfall of the order of Heaven, sharing your misfortune with the entire country" could be literal that Jing would one day overthrow the celestial bureaucracy, considering the Chi You backstory.

Guys, if we vote A we will probably have to fight the Shaolin Librarian.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

So that is how it is. “Can I be frank, Your Majesty?”

“Go ahead,” he nods.

“This idea is a big pile of shit.”

Shun laughs heartily, slapping his thigh. “Yes, that is what you would say, wouldn’t you? That is just your style.”

You glare at him. “Shun, are you being serious about all of this?”

“I thought that between the two of us, I was always the more serious one,” he says, smiling. “Yes, I will go ahead with this, with or without you.”

“I won’t allow you to do that, even if you are my Emperor.” You will have to change his mind by any means necessary, and you will have to do it right now, before it is too late.

“Really? How do you propose to stop me?” grins Shun confidently.

“I’m not ruling out the option of beating you up until you realize how stupid you’ve been,” you say half-jokingly.

“Right,” he chuckles. “Except that won’t be enough.” The Emperor stands up to face you, his heavy robes swishing noisily. “You will have to kill me.”

He is serious. You are at a loss for words. Just what is he thinking?

“That is what it will take to stop me. On the other hand, if you insist on getting in my way, you will be committing treason against the throne. The punishment will be commensurate to your crime.” Shun’s words are calm and measured, his stare unflinching.

“What, are you going to throw me to the pigs?” you snarl. This is going too far, even coming from him.

“I am not my father. I will see to it personally that your death is quick. For old times’ sake.”

“And you are going to do it with… what, your army of millions? I hope they are going to fit in this hall, because I’m not leaving until you change your mind.”

“My mind will not be changed. Will yours change?”

“Of course not. You’re giving me pretty poor incentive for this particular task.”

“So… that is it, then. The dance of words will wind down, followed by a dance of swords. I wished it could have gone on a bit longer, but perhaps I am just naively delaying the inevitable.” Shun backs away from you, his face set in a mask of stone.

You try one more time to talk to him. “Shun-“

He strikes out at you without warning.

Your reflexes kick into action. Raising your forearm, you deflect his palm, using Taiji Fist to circulate the momentum to your advantage. You temporarily pull him off balance; seizing the opportunity, you retaliate with a punch to his abdomen, seeking to disable him before the fight goes any further. Shun makes his counter-move swiftly, gently nudging your fist aside before you can land a blow.

He is using Taiji against you.

You do not panic; you are certain you have more experience in actual combat than Shun does. Changing your beat, you unleash a rapid flurry of claws – if he cannot perceive it, he cannot deflect it. Facing the relentless assault, he chooses to leap back and get some distance between the both of you. You make full use of the opening created. Stretching your hands out, you throw countless strings of spider silk at Shun. With a twist of your fingers you wrap them around him, binding and restricting his movement. It’s over. You close the gap in an instant and put your wodao to his neck.

“Well?” he asks, when you have not made any further move after several seconds. “Aren’t you going to kill me?”

“I’m just showing off how much better I am at this,” you smirk. Perhaps now he’ll understand. “Look, you should know by now that what you’re planning is silly. You can’t even beat me… how do you expect to bring the jianghu to heel without disrupting the stability of the country?”

Shun sighs.

Suddenly, your instincts scream danger. You hop backwards, putting a far distance between you and Shun. The silk you had used to bind him begin to smoulder, and burst into flames shortly after. An immense yang qi emanates from Shun, as radiant as the afternoon sun. He begins walking towards you, his robes catching aflame and falling away in withered ashes behind him as he approaches, revealing a light suit of golden armour underneath. With his right hand he draws the Xuanyuan Sword – the aura of power is palpable even from here.

“Careful now,” grins Shun. He charges at you, his qinggong granting him blazing speed. You have little time to react. The Xuanyuan Sword cleaves through the air and your wodao with equal ease; you toss the useless hilt at him and roll to the side, barely avoiding the Xuanyuan Sword as it sinks into the polished stone floor just inches away from your body.

“Whoa, are you actually trying to kill me?” you shout.

“I rather thought that was the whole point, really,” Shun responds. “Weren’t you listening?”

He is serious. Getting to your feet, you turn and grab one of the luxurious tapestries hanging from the pillar near you. Ripping it away, you hurl the long piece of cloth at Shun. The Xuanyuan Sword flashes as it cuts through the cloth – as it falls away from his sight, you are already upon him, lashing out with a burst of kicks. What you strike is not the Emperor’s body, however, but a wall of dark yin qi raised at the last second. A pulse of darkness engulfs the Xuanyuan Sword – it swings in almost imperceptible arcs that restrict your motion before you can safely withdraw. Shun does not waste any time in following up – his palm shoots towards you instantly. A lance of yang qi explodes through your body, sending you hurtling down the long steps to the throne dais.

You roll to your feet, spitting out the blood rising at the back of your throat. “Don’t tell me…”

“Yes,” Shun affirms your realization, walking down the steps leisurely, wielding light and darkness in equal measure. “Xuanming Jiuyin. Xiaoming Jiuyang. Wuxiang Qiankun. I have mastered all three.”

“I know I taught you Wuxiang Qiankun… and you could have obtained a copy of the Jiuyang manual before it was stolen by the Zhang clan… but where did you get the Jiuyin skills? From Yang Xue?”

Shun laughs and shakes his head. “I suppose you could say that it just… fell into my hands. Luck? Fate? Heaven’s will, perhaps?”

“When have you believed in Heaven’s will?”

He does not answer. Instead, he points at you with two fingers.

You dart aside just in time as an explosion shatters the stone where you have been. Shun is upon you immediately, swinging the Xuanyuan Sword down upon your head. You draw the Chixiao Sword. The copper edge of his blade is stopped by your crimson sword – a small shockwave is created by the clash, sending the tapestries fluttering noisily.

“Look at you, Shun,” you say. “All that talk about stamping out martial arts, but in the end you turn out to be using it yourself. If that isn’t hypocrisy, I’m a monkey’s uncle.”

“Funny, I happen to know that you have a nephew that looks remarkably like one,” he chuckles, forcing you back with both hands.

You kick off the ground, pushing Shun away with a mighty swing of your sword. “I didn’t suppose you fathered him? That would explain the resemblance!”

Shun lets out a chuckle of amusement, taking two steps back before darting forward again. The two Great Swords clash another time, and the pillars tremble. “Well, if you had a sister, I would have made her my Empress! But… to answer your accusation, I did say that I needed to concentrate all power in my hands. I will use every tool I have to achieve that.”

“You can achieve the same by just putting the sects under your direct control instead of disbanding them,” you argue. Your feet are sliding back under the overwhelming force of the Xuanyuan Sword, and you redouble your effort. “Have them work for you, instead of against you.”

“And what after I am gone? What guarantee do I have that such strength is never abused? Better to do away with such a structure while I am still able.”

“This will weaken the country, and you know it!”

“A short-term pain in exchange for future stability. Suffer now, for the sake of lasting peace later... You don’t know what I have foreseen.” Concentrating his qi, Shun shouts out. A surge of yin and yang energy drives you back, swallowing up the floor in darkness and flames. You hop away, cutting apart the shadows reaching out for you with the Chixiao Sword. Too late, you realize that with the distraction of that move, Shun has managed to circle behind you unseen. You whirl around, managing to deflect the Xuanyuan Sword in the nick of time. However, you are unable to prevent him from landing a strike with a yin-infused palm. You pull together a hasty block, but the force behind his attack is still sufficient to smash you away, through the main doors of the throne hall and out into the courtyard.

It looks like the rain has started pouring while you were facing Shun inside. You tumble, roll, and manage to bounce to your feet, almost skidding on the wet, slippery flagstones. Instantly, you find yourself surrounded by Imperial soldiers. Shouting out, they make an attempt to attack you with their spears and swords. Kicking off the shield of one soldier and grabbing the spear of another, you whirl around, lashing out swiftly in a lightning-fast attack. By the time you land on the ground again, more than ten soldiers have been downed, and the remaining ones still standing have backed away to a safer distance, their feet slipping in the rain. There is a whistling in the air – a hail of arrows falls upon you. You crouch down and tear a leather cloak from one of the soldiers. Swirling it around, you deflect or break the arrows with the cloak before pulling it over your shoulders in one swift movement.

“I was only joking about the army, you know? It looks like you really don’t want to let me go, do you?” you shout towards the throne hall. To have summoned so many soldiers here, he must have been intent on forcing a decision from you. Still, you don’t think you would have any problems escaping them. The problem lies with Shun.

“Our eyes no longer see the same world, Jing. Only one of us is leaving this place alive,” replies Shun, standing regally at its entrance. The soldiers fall to their knees at the sight of him. Descending the steps, he gives them a firm order, “Pull back. Leave him to me.”

Standing tall in the torrential downpour, you face the invincible Emperor of the Tang, spear in your left hand and sword in your right. The small army in the square have fallen back, lining the grounds and the walls as they bang their shields in synchronization.

Shun walks towards you, unheeding the rain – the water sizzles and dances away from him; not a drop of it gets through, and he arrives in front of you entirely dry, glowing with an almost divine radiance.

“When did you plan all of this?” you ask again.

“…it does not matter anymore how it all started. What matters is how it is going to end.”

You know that if you do not fight with all your strength here, you will die.

The wind begins to howl.

A. You will rely mainly on your sublime swordsmanship and the Great Swords that you have to carry you through the battle. This is the best way for you to counter the powerful Xuanyuan Sword - something seems suspicious about that blade, and perhaps if you can disarm Shun things may change.

B. You focus on a defensive battle, utilizing Taiji and your Xianglong Palms as the cornerstone of your strategy. If you hold out for long enough, there may yet be a chance for you to change Shun’s mind - more importantly, getting severely injured here would be extremely counterproductive even if you win.

C. You attempt to copy Shun’s Wuxiang Qiankun using your own Wuxiang Qiankun. From there, you might be able to progress to imitating the other legendary techniques he has mastered… theoretically. Shun is right: only one of you will walk away, and you will need to push your limits here.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Let's fight his music with our music! We will WQS each other until there is no telling who is doing what, when there is no distinction between who has started the move and who is just copying it. We will become his shadow, or he will become ours - it does not matter, what matters is the we will eventually fuse with him (fulfilling the condition of only one walking away from this) and become the God-Emperor of China to rule the country in the ages to come. Until the DEMONZ kick in, of course.

C

Baltika9

Arcane
Why do we always break our wodao? It was a gift from the Minamoto. :(
I don't think B is going to work at all, I have a feeling that he was possessed by Khorne he was somehow subverted through his divine sword. It's either A or C, and I prefer A. The man is a genius, and no doubt knows these legendary techniques much better than we do.
A.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, I heard you like Wuxiang Qiankun.

So I'm letting you copy Wuxiang Qiankun with your Wuxiang Qiankun so you can Wuxiang Qiankun while you Wuxiang Qiankun.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A.
Our legendary sword seems that has been created for the sole purpose of oppose the greatest sword of all.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If Shun planned all of this from the start, then it began long before he got the Xuanyuan Sword, and disarming him of the sword won't actually do much except temporarily removing a single weapon from his arsenal? :M

Nevill

Arcane
So Shun turned out to be the same WQSing popamoler as Jing. What a disappointment.

However, we know just a way to deal with those.

We should look him straight in the eyes, make the most serious face Jing can manage, and ask in a mysterious voice:

"Why do you fiiiiight?"

The DEMONZ will take care of the rest. I heard he didn't like celestial swords.

:M

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom