Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All I've seen in the choice was the superloli and god tier Yang. :negative: I thought it was our chance to go MAXIMUM FUCK, as our role in the previous fight was quite meager.

But no, manxing had to spoil even that. Truly, the man was a snake. :argh:

Still, if that's what it took for us to avoid sucking on Shun's cock yet again, I have no complaints. :salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, you'd have reached the epilogue regardless, a bit like how in Fallout the overseer would cast you out from the Vault in the end.

And if Xuezi didn't unleash her powers there you'd still be able to do it at the Huashan Summit anyway.

Nevill

Arcane
Every man has his role under HEAVANZ.
Lambchop19 's role is to detect Theseuses (Theseusi?) and warn us about him.
Yeah, that's Lambchop's role. His fate, though, is to remain unheard while the 'Dex leaps to hug its next Naim.
He is the Dex' Cassandr. Hmm... A prophetic gift and a passionate hatred for homo-relationship... I wonder what's his story with Apollo. :lol:

Nah, you'd have reached the epilogue regardless, a bit like how in Fallout the overseer would cast you out from the Vault in the end.
No, I meant this:
Nah, he'd have done it to bail you out of a tricky spot in a Big Damn Heroes moment. You'd have been hailing his broness for pages.
Disgusting! I am still shuddering inwardly from the last time. :M

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Shun shunning 4 lyfe.

The dude got batshit insane from the ultimate techs that only Jing can master without detriment. And you are still hoping that disarming him will help?
Yah Nuva might be dicking around with him to spite us, true. But killing the guy solves the problem anyway.

Tribute

Arbiter
While I myself am a supporter of C, I feel the need to point out that WQS does not work all that well with the techniques designed for the Great Swords.

Not that we have any. :M
I thought with 10 Swords we could just make that kind of thing up mid-fight.

Especially considering we have the Sword Saint's arm.

Nevill

Arcane
From what he tells us, he have obtained WQS from us before he got the other two manuals, or at least before he got his hands on the Jiuyang one. So if he is mad, the imbalance of qi induced by the different manuals has nothing to do with it. I do not think he got 'suddenly' possessed. His decision to start the rumors, knowing how it would affect the jianghu, precedes our encounter and subsequent visit to the Taoying Island, and his collaboration with Gao Ying precedes even that.

Still, there is room for misinterpretation. Bai Jiutian said that the rumors originated from the Palace, but she didn't know their exact origin. It does sound like something Gao Ying would do. Then there is his visit to Youxia City we didn't catch. It is hard to say how much of the plan originates from Shun, and how much from his advisor. An optimist would think that Shun was always cool and it was EVUL Gao Ying who swayed him on that path, whereupon he got possessed. I know I was one at some point - I thought he wasn't aware of what Gao Ying was doing, of what happened at BDS, and of the great deal of other things. To his credit, he always acted the part of a wise and kind ruler when we pointed out those injustices to him.

Sadly, I am not an optimist anymore. I think that Shun's decisions up to this point were consciously taken, and that getting rid of the sword would hardly solve anything by itself.

I also think that going against all the legendary techs without one of our own that exists to specifically even the playing field between the opponents by allowing them access to the same arsenal of moves is suicidal. But hey, it's the epilogue. No matter what we choose, the story will end one way or the other, and we'll be entertained either way.

So I am not worried.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey treave, does our chaotic qi protect us from getting copied? By its nature, the chaos should be uncontrollable and therefore impossible to reproduce exactly and I figure we don't have meridians either, allowing for even more hard-to-copy use of our chaotic qi. Is this right?

Also, what do we know about Shun being able to copy our swordsmanship with Wuxiang Qiankun? We know that Wuxiang Qiankun cannot copy the entire skill, only specific techs. What would happen if we would ambush him mainly with raw skill instead of techs?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can't fully answer any of the questions here because you've never fought a Wuxiang Qiankun practitioner before.

What you do know (of what you can do) is that you need to be in order mode yourself to mimic, and Wuxiang Qiankun can copy movements and actions. The rest is up to speculation.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, I'll vote A then.

If we go with C we're just trying to out-do Shun at his own specialties and assuming our own Wuxiang Qiankun wasn't compromised by his teachings, so I don't like our odds there. At least I can guess that Shun's own sword skills aren't rank 10 and between chaos mode and Wuxiang Qiankun's difficulty at copying skill we should have the edge against Shun with our own sword skills.
We're using chaos either way and looking over the tech list that probably won't be enough to give us a winning chance against some of these bullshit techs, so I flop C to equalize the scales. Shun is set on killing us anyhow and I don't think we have the luxury of trying to take it easy against him.

Then again, Shun has at least 4 ranks of Wuxiang Qiankun so the "order mode only" requirement won't apply to him (presumably our neigong is lower than the guy who mastered 2 ridiculous neigong boosting legendary techs), so we'd really have to hope pure skill + chaos will protect us. Who knows, maybe copying his Wuxiang Qiankun is the best option considering our high affinity to WQS thanks to Luanshi Wuchangdao, and then perhaps we could use our own edge in combat to defeat him. Or perhaps Shun will use his superior int to string us along and then end us by countering his own techniques. Or perhaps Shun gets our demon for more h4x and then we're fucked.

I feel like raw chaotic fighting should be the way to defeat Shun. The solution might be to mirror the original Chi You vs Huangdi fight.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I feel like raw chaotic fighting should be the way to defeat Shun.

Chaos will come into play in each of the choices, but it's not a standalone option because by itself it's not enough to be a solution. Reducing the Wuxiang Qiankun advantage with chaotic qi only addresses one part of the problem. You'll still have to deal with other factors like his mastery of the other two legendary techniques.

Kipeci

Arcane
If we're going to kill him over this policy of his, we may as well do it while picking up fancy broken techniques instead of betting on our skill with our (admittedly legendary) toothpick of a blade against his giant radiant one.

B > C

Absinthe

Arcane
Lets go over the list of Shun's techs:
Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art (玄冥九陰聖術, Profound Darkness Nine Yin Holy Art)

First appeared in the late Warring States period with only the first three steps of the art, and used by a master assassin. The rest were gradually developed later by its various practitioners throughout the ages.

1. Fuyinqi Skill (伏陰氣功, Hidden Yin Qi Skill)

The fundamental neigong of the Jiuyin Holy Art. Generates a strong yin presence and is required to understand the subsequent techniques to their highest level. Qi cultivated from this neigong is associated with cold, darkness and death.

2. Jiuming Step (九冥步, Nine Darkness Step)

The qinggong of the Jiuyin Holy Art, allowing the user to move as lightly and as unseen as a shadow.

3. Fuyin Huagu Claws (伏陰化骨爪, Hidden Yin Bone Melting Claws)

A claw technique that can melt through bone.

4. Xuantiedun (玄鐵盾, Profound Iron Shield)

A defensive technique that can conjure a qi barrier to stop even projectiles and weapons.

5. Santou Longshe Staff (三頭龍蛇棍, Three-Headed Dragon Snake Staff)

A staff technique that is slow and fast in equal measure, moving in erratic, snake-like ways to confuse the enemy.

6. Xiansha Finger (仙殺指, Immortal-Killing Finger)

A deadly, precise finger technique that is said to be able to manipulate any pressure point regardless of the opponent’s level.

7. Jiuying Zhiyu Sword (九影制獄劍, Nine Shadows Imprisonment Sword)

A shadowy sword technique that is imperceptible in its movements even as it restricts the enemy’s actions.

8. Xuanyin Shenlong Palm (玄陰聖龍掌, Profound Yin Holy Dragon Palm)

An extremely destructive palm technique that carries the element of softness.

9. Wuming Jiuyu Shenyin Art (無明九獄聖陰術, Lightless Nine Prisons Holy Yin Art)

The most powerful qi-based technique in the Jiuyin Holy Art that purportedly allows its wielder to massacre even the strongest armies with dark shadows.

Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill (晓明九陽神功, Dawning Light Nine Yang Divine Skill)

First appeared during the fall of the Han dynasty, with only the first step to its name. Rumoured to have been the basis of power for many a renowned general in that era.

1. Taifeng Zhenyang Skill (太峰真陽功, Supreme Peak True Yang Skill)

The fundamental neigong of the Jiuyang Divine Skill. Generates a strong yang presence and is required to understand the subsequent techniques to their highest level. Qicultivated from this neigong has the qualities of heat, light and life.

2. Jiuyang Fist (九陽拳, Nine Yang Fist)

A fast and hard set of fist movements designed to work best with theTaifeng Zhenyang Skill.

3. Menghu Charge (猛虎冲, Fierce Tiger Charge)

An aggressive qinggong that charges at the enemy.

4. Xiaoyan Saber (晓焰刀, Dawning Flame Saber)

A speedy, fiery saber style evoking the light of the dawning day.

5. Jiumingjia (九明甲, Nine Illuminations Armour)

A protective qi technique that is said to render the practitioner’s body practically impervious to injury.

6. Baolie Feihu Palm (爆裂飞虎掌, Explosive Flying Tiger Palm)

A palm technique with unparalleled explosive force, able to destroy its targets with ease.

7. Yixiao Spear (燡晓槍, Blazing Dawn Spear)

A powerful spear technique that condenses the practitioner’s life force for a double-edged attack.

8. Jiuyang Divine Finger (九陽神指, Nine Yang Divine Finger)

A finger technique utilizing the power of the Jiuyang Divine Skill’s neigong for destructive long range attacks.

9. Zhaoming Xuanyi Shenyang Skill (照明玄燡神陽功, Illuminating Profound Radiance Divine Yang Skill)

The most powerful qi-based technique in the Jiuyang Divine Skill that is said to grant its practitioner the ability to scorch the land with boundless light.
A number of those super techniques are probably beyond our ability to defend without Wuxiang Qiankun. Alright, fuck it, if we're using chaos and skills in either option, then C is the best plan to equalize the scales. Flopping to C.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
we may as well do it while picking up fancy broken techniques

Ah, but what if you use your godly sword skillz to devise on the spot a broken 10/10 ALL THE SWORDS legendary sword technique in A to defeat the fancy broken techniques he has? :troll:

Edit: And in B you break new grounds in the understanding of Taiji for broken legendary ALL THE TAO super Wang move. Or something. :M

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, my vote count isn't lining up with yours. Fixed. I've got:

Nevill C
Baltika9 A
Kashmir Slippers A
Fangshi A
Kz3r0 A
Ifeex C>A
Azira A
Grimgravy A
वाहन C
Akkudakku C
Elfberserker B
asxetos C
Jester A
ChumBucket C
Lambchop19 C>A
Absinthe C
Tigranes A
Kipeci B>C

A - 8
B - 2
C - 8

Post-flop:

A - 8
B - 1
C - 9

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Eh, you counted Kipeci twice, and I hadn't taken into account his conditional flop just yet. I'll do that when I close the votes.

Probably in about 10 hours or so.

Nevill

Arcane
Shun being always a bad guy is very possible because of Heihu Valley and that strange conspiracy to bait orthodoxes and Zhang Jue into killing each other looking more and more like a inside job. Wang Zhengchong before the big fight was in secluision meditating about Jing's chaotic qi - How did he get poisoned in seclusion? Hell I'm starting to get suspicious of the Wudu as well - Shun's daddy gets poisoned, people think its Wudu (because they're the only ones who got the sneak to do it), Shun moves in with a perfect excuse to kill the Wudu but Jing shows up with Chi Qillin (giving Shun a extra in with the Wudu) and then a drunken Jing comes up with the insane ascension plan and Shun sees this as a perfect opportunity to keep the Wudu Cult as useful paws and enhance his legitimacy.
Nah, that's just demonizing him. He never had the ability to kill the Wudu (they were just about to relocate when he decided to talk), and pissing them off is a highly unwise move. The likely outcome of his 'hunt' was that he would end up genociding Guizhou - and that would be sabotaging himself.

The Wudu Cult were his allies, and his hand really looked forced then. Well, unless he needed a justification to take an army of 10000 soldiers with him while he kills his father and starts a civil war with his siblings. :M

Either way, it does not look like he had an intention or means of destroying them. Making him into an EVUL guy whose every action was meant to hurt somebody is trivializing things.

If we're going to kill him over this policy of his, we may as well do it while picking up fancy broken techniques instead of betting on our skill with our (admittedly legendary) toothpick of a blade against his giant radiant one.
It's not the size that matters. :M

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
“We’ll see about that.” You’ve spent enough time watching to grasp his movement with Wuxiang Qiankun. Allowing the harmonized qi to guide your movements, you strike back at Yang Xue, imitating his every move.

“More mimicry? Foolish fools!” Yang Xue’s strength is so far beyond yours that even with Wuxiang Qiankun, even with the other fighters helping out, you cannot keep up an exchange of blows with him for long. A stray, glancing blow from the old man causes your bones to tremble.

treave, did we have trouble copying Yang Xue's neigong even with Wuxiang Qiankun? I'm wondering if it was difficult given how vast the old man's neigong was.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Copying the characteristics of his neigong isn't hard, but you can't replicate the sheer amount of internal energy he has, so in a trade of blows using the same technique Yang Xue will always hit faster and harder than you can.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, going over tech list one more time:

Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art
  1. Fuyinqi Skill: Big neigong is big.
  2. Jiuming Step: We stopped Bai Jiutian with our sword before.
  3. Fuyin Huagu Claws: Scary, but we know how to deal with them.
  4. Xuantiedum: Our claws can pierce it, and sword probably can too.
  5. Santou Longshe Staff: Don't think Shun is gonna use it. Otherwise, I hope our raw sword skill can handle a strange as fuck staff.
  6. Xiansha Finger: We have no pressure points. Immune.
  7. Jiuying Zhiyu Sword: We know this a bit of this tech. With 10 sword skill we could probably handle it.
  8. Xuanyin Shenlong Palm: Dragon-subduing Palms give us insight and technique against this shit.
  9. Wuming Jiuyu Shenyin Art: Lion's Roar should do them in.
Actually, not a big problem.

Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill:
  1. Taifeng Zhenyang Skill: Big neigong is still going to suck.
  2. Jiuyang Skill: Our unarmed is 8 and our Chuzhan Fist sucks. Still, Zhang training should have prepared us against straightfoward fist techniques that are stronger and faster than us.
  3. Menghu Charge: Annoying.
  4. Xiaoyan Saber: Not sure if it suits the Xuanyuan Sword. Well, we do know kenjutsu and have some saber skill, though. 10 Sword Skill can probably help.
  5. Jiumingjia: Probably can pierce it same as Xuantiedum. Gonna make shit annoying though since we need piercing techs or that Frost Dragon Pierces The Ice palm technique. Actually, maybe chaos qi can fuck up this super-yang neigong.
  6. Baolie Feihu Palm: Dragon-subduing Palms should help us against this shit too.
  7. Yixiao Spear: That would suck. We better hope we learned something from the Zhang v Yang fight and maybe karma guiding our awareness of spear techniques if Shun borrows a spear for this bullshit.
  8. Jiuyang Divine Finger: We have experience against the Yiyang Finger, but at this stage it amounts to "don't get hit."
  9. Zhaoming Xuanyi Shenyang Skill: We're dead if this hits.
This is more troublesome here.

Then there's Wuxiang Qiankun and the Xuanyuan Sword adding more h4x to the equation. And Shun probably knows other techs too thanks to his stupid high Wuxiang Qiankun.

Not sure how well raw SWORDS can work here. It's a bit more manageable than expected but Shun has a clear upper hand over us with all this bullshit at his disposal. B is definitely suicide though. Shun's mind seems to be made up and not only can Shun blast through our defenses, but he can also outlast us no problem with his monstrous neigong.

The question is which is better: Rely on our strongest points: sword skills and legendary swords, or use Wuxiang Qiankun to try to level the playing field against most of Shun's bullshit.

We'd definitely be pushing the limits of Wuxiang Qiankun, but then again, we did manage to master Wuxiang Qiankun in a glance thanks to our extremely well-suited neigong.

Our hint is: You know that if you do not fight with all your strength here, you will die.
Ergo, B is fail. A is our strongest point. C is our strongest equalizer and devoting ourselves fully to a kill-or-be-killed fight.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think at this stage we are relying thinking up techniques out of our asses.
Shun is probably smarter than we are, but we have more battle exoerience as well perhaps more technical skills as far as fist and sword is concerned.

We did have trouble copying that shadow swords technique, so I guess some techniques are copyright protected against WSQ...Then again You can't really copy what does not excisted yet, so thinking up techniques on spot will perhaps play part in this battle.

However there is no technique or defence against POWER OF LOVE!!!

Edit: B>A

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wuming Jiuyu Shenyin Art: Lion's Roar should do them in.

Actually, this is the same stuff that took Jing's arm, so not to be underestimated either if Shun is able to use it smartly - as with the ultimate Jiuyang skill, if it hits you're going to be in a bad spot. Shun's Xuanyuan Sword has been shown to be able to deflect the technique, so you might hope that the Chixiao or Yuchang Sword may have a similar effect to make things easier.

Nevill

Arcane
However there is no technique or defence against POWER OF LOVE!!!
You have swayed me to the side of LOVE (and PEACE) with your wise words. :salute:

But if it doesn't work, we should still kill the bastard. B>C

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom