Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

TOME

Cuckmaster General
But he was just one guy in the neighbourhood. Imagine 20 guys like that actively hunting Jing. Bandit king's protection won't save us if we can't take on even one agent.

Baltika9

Arcane
But now we have a chance to get our own hotshot killers from the underworld. China's criminals have been tussling with these guys for centuries, I think they know what they're doing. In fact, guys like the Bandit Kings are probably the only ones with the resources and experience to be able to stand up to the secret police and it's agents.

Also, just because Gao Yang wouldn't be able to call the whole organization on us in these short few months, doesn't mean he wouldn't do it in the near future. With the way we were going and the people we were associating with, this was bound to happen.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
In hindsight going to Wudang wasn't probably one of best choices we could take, but it wasn't that retarded either. So far Grand Taoist is amused by our antics, but does our antics made ourselves valuable ally in his eyes? Making friends and good impression on lower level chain of command makes it all easier him to help us, not to mention so far other Wudang members have been pretty reasonable with us so far. In my humble option having rep boost with Wudang and even getting basic defense techniques would helped Jing a lot since almost all of our techniques are attacking in nature, besides actually having to chance have a reliable sword technique would be pretty good addition to our arsenal.

As for Gao problem, I think we might missed conversation in friendly environment too many times by picking unorthodox path. Gao sounds like a guy who handles contacts and deals on the ground, while superiors gave him orders. Perhaps if we had been orthodox guy, we could had very potential ally there. That being said there was nothing to stop having secret police neutral or even friendly in unorthodox path, but in hindsight killing that guy in mansion was mistake but I think that the final nail was our BDS situation where were kind of discovered having one of their badges...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeaaaaah. I get the feeling Gao is a prodigy. There's not going to be too many like him, and the few that are would be divided across the entire empire. Now Gao and twenty soldiers is a concern, but let's not exaggerate here.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Right. And what if his superiors send 3 or 4 more Gao's after us? What then? We're boned, that's what.
I have only this to answer:

Rudyard Kipling said:
"The dhole do not turn and their throats are hot," said Kaa. "There will be neither Manling nor Wolf-cub when that hunting is done, but only dry bones."

"Alala! If we die, we die. It will be most good hunting.

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
The biggest problem was that a lot of things would have had to go right for us to meet her on time. And of course, they didn't!
In hindsight, resolving the quest via an assassination would have helped us not to miss the deadline. The quest would have been over in three days, and the city was already to the west. If we just gave up on the manual (or received a copy from Du Yao) after completing the task, gave the items back to our crew and headed straight to the Emei, we would still have made it.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
So, can you oblige us with your support against the rollback, @Elfberserker?

I don't know. I kind a expected Treave making us a new character after we died in our first attempt to get Sword and manual or just ending the this CYOA right there and now. I admit that this is my first Treave COYA, but I think that current Rewind situation is only one he allows happen in this journey and by the god I feel strong temptation to grasp it with my both hands. While reloading sounds dirty but it isn't something that we haven't done before and I am more of opportunist played rather than hardcore player with balls size of basketball to accept wins and loses as they come around even if they had chance to reload.

Baltika9

Arcane
Think of all the babes we'll get to pull with our Triad-style tattoos and gangster reputation. Tulu Huodu will have zero problems with his heir chilling with us now that we're firmly "one of them." Most of all, this is a very interesting story thread, coming back from extreme adversity and rising up to the challenge to come out on top in the end. treave said that he won't give us any cheap "death by Zhang Jue" or "you have been imprisoned for ten years" situations.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
There is more babes outside the prison than there is inside. "docking" is all the action Jing is going to see in prison.

Baltika9

Arcane
Haha, no one will dare approach us in the slammer, we're too hardcore for that. But once we get out... oh man, all of Jing's awkwardness around women will be out the window, the guy will be starved.
And I think the Chinese are too :obviously: for docking.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Last call. I'm closing in two hours, it'll take me till then to get to a comp. I believe rollback needs only one more person? You have till then to get your man. Or woman, as it may be.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
remember guys that we have only three years to snatch Yunzi from Fire cult faggot! Reloading gave us more chances to prevent that.

Baltika9

Arcane
The Giant Flaming Faggot won't be able to do shit against our army of the underworld's best and a hardcore Xu Jing taught by years of hard living. Besides, we will be able to offer Yunzi anything she wants for herself and her people, instead of being a charming face with nothing to his name. Face it, Gangster Jing is the way of the future. How can I persuade you to it, bro?

asxetos

Augur
Rollback BDS.
I am perfectly ok with save-scumming and i am not going to vote for any option where we actually try the assassination.

Nevill

Arcane
Last call. I'm closing in two hours, it'll take me till then to get to a comp. I believe rollback needs only one more person? You have till then to get your man. Or woman, as it may be.
That depends on what you had in mind:

I did say you'd need some really solid support to roll it back that far, so I suppose getting at least 15 ayes out of the usual 20 or so voters will be sufficient.
Is 15 out of ~20 the same as 15 out of 29?

According to my count, the tally stands like this:
Reload said:
Absinthe
Kipeci
Elfberserker
Rex Feral
TOME
Zero Credibility
a bear named spigot
Fangshi
Lambchop19
Jester
Tigranes
XenomorphII
Grimgravy
asxetos
Kayerts
15 total

MystiKnight is... for a reload, I guess? (Female BJ > Continue > Conditional 15th vote for Reload.)
Though it would have to be (Female BJ > Conditional 15th vote for Reload > Continue) for that.

Continue said:
kazgar
Kashmir Slippers
The Brazilian Slaughter
Nevill
LWC1996
Esquilax
Smashing Axe
RealDDc
Azira
ScubaV
Stygian Lurker
Anabanana
ERYFKRAD
13 total

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
I'll vote for rollback to BDS. I haven't been following the thread that closely since the tournament (only treave's story posts), so I will assume that it was the lack of my wise and indeed heroic voting that led us astray. Also Azira, somehow. Anyway, the time to set this straight is now!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
The Giant Flaming Faggot won't be able to do shit against our army of the underworld's best and a hardcore Xu Jing taught by years of hard living. Besides, we will be able to offer Yunzi anything she wants for herself and her people, instead of being a charming face with nothing to his name. Face it, Gangster Jing is the way of the future. How can I persuade you to it, bro?

B-but I wanted Southern Man-Tiger-pig Jing to be our future. We already have mansion in tropical island, a perfect place where we can entertain our harem while ripping arms off any that challenges us. Heck We even have village there where we can buy some wines and luxury items without traveling to other end of empire. Gangster Jing is much less likely to get those since Zhang will be after our ass.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm, I think it'd be unfair to shift the goalposts at this stage, even though there were more people than I expected.

Baltika9

Arcane
Not necessarily, treave guaranteed that Zhang Jue won't be coming after us if we proceed, no cheap deaths like that. Besides, one doesn't preclude the other. We also won't be able to get Du Yao's daughter into our harem.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I guaranteed you wouldn't have a certain death, not that he wouldn't find you.

Your deaths are in your own hands.

Baltika9

Arcane
I meant to say "coming after our life" if we proceed, something tells me our Master will be the one to pull our ass out of the fire. But it seems like the rollback option won, fair and square, fifteen votes.

Baltika9

Arcane
Good point, we'd be saving ourselves. Not that it matters now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom