Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

kazgar

Arcane
Maybe we should pretend fight with wuni so yunzi joins the other fight and they can knock each other out.

perfect!

Fangshi

Arcane
Well hell if we want to get clever why don't we take two minutes and explain to her what is going on. She would probably willingly help us if she knew how things stand but that would also take all the fun out of this. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Aw fuck, he's going to have to take on Yunzi that way. At the same time, Yunzi doesn't seem really all that interested in fighting anybody but Jing. This is a tricky situation indeed.

What about A2A1? We take out the most chaotic element here, Pang Xiaohu, then have a free-for-all between us, Yunzi, and Xuxian. No matter who wins, the winner will be exhausted and Wuni can defeat them. I think it's a sound plan.
A3 is more likely to leave Wuni out of it. The choice states the Yunzi is eager to jump you and might interfere in a fight.

A. You join the fight between the monk and the bandit. Yunzi might interfere, but even in that case you should be able to handle the fight.

At least we expect her to be somewhat on our side n A3, to clear the competitors.

In A1, who is there for her to fight? Even if she waits until we dispose of the bandit, she will have to take on us after that, which leaves the monk free, and that's bad news for Wuni.

Why would Wuni take on Yunzi, when he is watching what we are doing, and we are involved in a three way duel? Why would he not help us instead?

Nevill

Arcane
Executing a guy who's obviously out of his league just feels arrogant and cruel, especially in front of an audience. While The Prince is great and all, I somehow think Jing would have been more interested in Romantic literature, adventure stories and such. Definitely not a character I would ever describe as Machiavellian. If little Zhang was more of a threat then I could see taking him out, but what's he going to do? Fail to rape somebody? Fail to beat somebody up? Pull strings so well in the court that he gets sent to this backwater to participate in a deathmatch? The guy's a gnat.
About zhang.

If he is so confident that he tried to drug two girls at once, he is used to doing it, and he is used to impunity. Make no mistake, the guy have raped before, and he will do so again. I can't understand discarding him as a threat just because he failed to pull a trick against us once.

Also, he is a slimy scheming bastard that has access to the resourses of the court. Not somebody I would describe as harmless. The strings their family has were enough to almost murder Chanfeng. That he might have been schemed against does not take away his ability to scheme against us in any way.

There should be no question about fighting Yunzi. Sorry Wuni mate but Jing didn't come all the way to Tibet just to help you with your love life.
The whole reason we undertook this Operation: True Love was to show Yunzi that we care about such things and that we are not a random skirt chaser she thinks us to be. I would assume that part of the reason she claimed the girl to herself is that she wants to take her away from us. It would be nice if we convince her that she is not the one we are interested in.

If we fight her now (and win, because what is the point otherwise?), we will have to either win the tournamentby ourselves (which is bad for various reasons), or concede the girl to the monk or the bandit for no good reason. If we want to concede, why not concede her to Wuni? At least that way you get most Yunzi points out of it.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Maybe we should pretend fight with wuni so yunzi joins the other fight and they can knock each other out.

I did consider that option, but it would just quickly turn into you vs Yunzi anyway once she comes over.

Baltika9

Arcane
:lol: Wow, she must really want Jing. I had no idea our teasing got her this frustrated.
Cao'er is about to have competition for Jing's anus.

Kipeci

Arcane

I did consider that option, but it would just quickly turn into you vs Yunzi anyway once she comes over.
... so Yunzi is basically guaranteed to see us start up a fight with those two guys and proceed to take the opportunity to kick Wuni's ass, then?

Fangshi

Arcane
I read that to mean she is likely to come after us wherever we go. If we hypothetically head over to Wuni, she would just follow us to him and ignore the monk and the bandit. She seems to only really be interested in us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:lol: Wow, she must really want Jing. I had no idea our teasing got her this frustrated.
Cao'er is about to have competition for Jing's anus.

Nah, it's more like that little warm-up match she had with the Prince has gotten her really pumped up for a fight with you.

... so Yunzi is basically guaranteed to see us start up a fight with those two guys and proceed to take the opportunity to kick Wuni's ass, then?

She might actually decide to remove him quickly so that she can fully concentrate on you later without any interruptions, or she might just come over and make the three-way fight into a four-way fight. You have no way of knowing at the moment.

Of course, leaving both Xiaofang and Zhang Manxing in the fight does mean that the two of them won't attack you for now since they would think it is a tacit agreement that you've agreed to be on their side - that's what Xiaofang's plea was all about. It could make the fight look quite different.

I read that to mean she is likely to come after us wherever we go. If we hypothetically head over to Wuni, she would just follow us to him and ignore the monk and the bandit. She seems to only really be interested in us.

This is entirely Jing's fault.

Nevill

Arcane
That's my thought on A2A1. While Yunzi and Xuxian may be tougher, they're gonna play be some rules. Pang won't and can ruin everything.

edit: I can handle losing, I can handle losing to Yunzi, we did our bit for Wuni, we beat up a few people and found out we weren't rusty. I don't think we can handle seeing more people split in half, especially when there's a increased chance those people are ourselves, Wuni or Yunzi.
Zhang Jue have fought us with a killing intent as a part of our training, and yet we are still alive and in one piece. I doubt lil' Pang here can top our master. Yunzi is portrayed as our equal in the ability with an ungodly dexterity, and so she, too, should be safe. The monk is even more powerful, and have means of protecting himself. I don't think there is a reason for you to worry.

Don't let the death of one Tibetan discourage you. He was just out of his league. A common bandit could be killed by 17 year old Jing in one strike, too. It does not mean that the bandit can pull it off against opponents of a higher caliber.

So, for the sake of cutting down on the DISCUSS, would you at least consider A3?

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Nevill, I'm pretty sure A3 is going to take it pretty comfortably anyways. I had my doubts, but I still am voting for the option to take on Pang Xiaohu and Xuxian simultaneously.

treave, Baltika9 flopped to A2A3, it isn't marked down on the tally.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It's close, and the arguments for A1 and A3 are very similar, so it helps to set up secondary votes.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I had changed the tally but neglected to change the listed vote. There is no change to the count.

Kipeci

Arcane
Wait, why am I thinking of this as a bad thing that 2A3 is winning? Yunzi wipes Wuni out, we beat Yunzi AND win the princess, all in one. I'm sure she'll reconsider that true love stuff.

Flop to BA3

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, you stated earlier that Yorimitsu was almost as good of a fighter as Jing was. Is this because Master Zhang trained him as well? He didn't strike me as much of a fighter when we first met, though of course that could be because he was desperately looking for peace with the pugilists and offering to sacrifice his own life for it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's actually a pretty talented swordsman in his own right. He couldn't have plowed through one hundred pugilists by himself, but he'd have given you some trouble one-on-one back on the island.

Zhang Jue didn't train him, but since you learnt the sword technique from Yorimitsu, the two of you exchanged pointers, trained together, and this helped him improve as well. Getting pointers from someone who knows the No-Effort Sword Song tends to have that sort of indirect effect too.

Well hell if we want to get clever why don't we take two minutes and explain to her what is going on. She would probably willingly help us if she knew how things stand but that would also take all the fun out of this. :lol:
This. Hell, two minutes? I doubt it would take more then a few seconds to convince her to leave the guy for last. True love and all that bull.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"Hey, can you leave that guy alone?"

"Ok, I don't mind. No need to spend two minutes explaining why, I already know about his story. It's common knowledge in the palace."

"Alright, cool, now just sit here doing nothing while I go fight the monk and the bandit. I'll fight you after I'm done with them."

"No, I don't see a reason to wait since you're already here." *attacks*

Approach Yunzi -> Pick B.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, the sexual tension between them is thick enough to be cut with a knife.
give-her-the-d-meme.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, just saying that approaching Yunzi to say anything right now is likely to just spark a B scenario anyway when the two of them start squabbling for some reason or another and get side-tracked. And if she's fighting Jing, she's not fighting Jixuan Wuni, like he asked: what complaints can he have there?

Also, an extra tidbit: if you had taught Jixuan Wuni the Xianglong Palms the beggar would not have left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom