Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:lol: I meant the grimdarkness of it, but you are the GM. What I honestly was expecting was making extremely hard decisions on the scale of collapsing, exploiting and overturning nations and empires. Starting revolutions and sacrificing billions to achieve our ends, whatever they may be.

Edit: what Lambchop said.

That's... that's not what Lambchop19 said. At all. He was talking about personal horror. You're talking about grimdarkfaggotry, oh yeah I'm sacrificing a billion people to PRESERVE TUH IMPRIUM MAN I'M SO HARDASS.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Wat? No, that's exactly wat I was saying. SKULLS FOR TEH SKULL THRONE!!!1 :M

edit: srsly, personal horror pls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
:lol: I meant the grimdarkness of it, but you are the GM. What I honestly was expecting was making extremely hard decisions on the scale of collapsing, exploiting and overturning nations and empires. Starting revolutions and sacrificing billions to achieve our ends, whatever they may be.

Edit: what Lambchop said.

That's... that's not what Lambchop19 said. At all. He was talking about personal horror. You're talking about grimdarkfaggotry, oh yeah I'm sacrificing a billion people to PRESERVE TUH IMPRIUM MAN I'M SO HARDASS.
Fair point. I do love me some WH40K style faggotry.
I just imagined a scenario where we are, say, the anti-cultists and want to root out the cultists that have sunken their claws deep into the Russian Empire. So we help start the communist revolution (see their leaders safely to their rallies, make sure they are funded well, provide them with assistance when we need to) and capitalize on the chaos to exterminate the cultists.

Hey, bros: I just had a thought... Should we have the FIRE cultists play around with FLAMMABLE EXPLOSIVES?

Esquilax

Arcane
No, I really don't want to take WH40k and crank it up anywhere.

Yes, we had quite enough people trying to go for WH40K in the EPIC LP (okay maybe just Baltika) and even back in Barbarian's 4X Codexian Saga.

Hey, bros: I just had a thought... Should we have the FIRE cultists play around with FLAMMABLE EXPLOSIVES?

Of course. Who would know more about the dangers and uses of flammable materials than a group of people that worship the stuff?

It's just that they worship a flame that was there when they moved in and I haven't seen them use SCIENCE to create fire. I'm kinda worried they'll just blow the mountain up before we get back... I mean, I know that'd take some real stupidity, but hey, 1 luck...

Baltika9

Arcane
Fire Cult Explosives Factory? Hell yeah, we can blow up any attackers to smithereens. Especially in the mountains near our Temple if anyone is stupid enough to assault a fortress.
It's just that they worship a flame that was there when they moved in and I haven't seen them use SCIENCE to create fire. I'm kinda worried they'll just blow the mountain up before we get back... I mean, I know that'd take some real stupidity, but hey, 1 luck...
Right. I think they're intelligent enough to not do that.

Hmm. Maybe. They'd just better not store the explosive inside the temple where they conduct the rituals... Anyway, just a thought.

Baltika9

Arcane
Hmm. Maybe. They'd just better not store the explosive inside the temple where they conduct the rituals... Anyway, just a thought.
I mean, hey, if we'll be the first to invent fireworks and the Chinese Fire Spear four centuries early, then hey, all the better for us. Of course, with a current PER of 9 and a curent maximum potential of 11, we have zero excuses not to learn spears.
treave, when you refuted Jester's idea to suck out only part of Ahura's qi, you said that our control over the draining wasn't good enough for that:
Drain good parts of flaming f. qi so he will hit 100 % impurities.

That's actually a very good idea, but you don't have that much fine control over your absorption.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - absorb the orderly parts of Ahura's qi so that both of us are totally corrupted. Then again, he has control of the flames, so he should still be able to direct them to destroy us, even though we're at equal chaos.

Hm, you'd both start burning and then you can hope for the Amesha Spenta to bail you out, since they're the only ones who can control the fire now. Right now they're still a bit stunned from the explosion and haven't recovered yet though.
If, for instance, BJ gets his hand on the Yang manual and starts learning from it and gets techniques dependent on his yang qi, and we get our control to a level where we can drain specific parts of qi, can we suck out only the Yang portion of his qi and thus render his yang qi techniques useless?

Also, if an opponent has a higher internal strength than us, and we drain his qi to below our level, will that allow us to copycat him?

Last edited:

Of course, with a current PER of 9 and a curent maximum potential of 11
Err, maybe I'm just not getting the math... 4 base per + Reikan's 3 per = 7 per with a max of 9 when we go Order (only maintainable for short-ish times right now.)...
Also, if an opponent has a higher internal strength than us, and we drain his qi to below our level, will that allow us to copycat him?
This is actually a really good question.

Baltika9

Arcane
Err, maybe I'm just not getting the math... 4 base per + Reikan's 3 per = 7 per with a max of 9 when we go Order (only maintainable for short-ish times right now.)...
Reikan's maximum PER bonus is 5, so that gives us a maximum PER of 11. Until we get another upgrade to our broken neiggong, anyway.
treave, I'd like some more fluff on the Minamoto Clansmen currently on Maniac Island: what are they up to right now and how are they doing as a community? What are their long term plans, can they be persuaded to stay and open a Minamoto Dojo on Yinhu? How is Yorimitsu as a fighter and how is that blind old coot Yorikawa doing?
Also, what is the maximum possible PER bonus of the Reikan.
They will have set sail for Japan by the time you return to the Central Plains. It is time for Yorimitsu to stabilize the country. Yorimitsu is probably slightly below your level as a fighter. Yorikawa is going back to Japan. Maximum possible bonus is +5.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It seems that I'm not doing enough to really make that 1 LUC feel like it is actually 1 LUC. Fine, if you insist...
Well, actually...

The Dex:
- Alright. Let's help the cause of the True Love and hope that the karma is real.
The narrative:
- Ok. Let's spice things up and turn the tournament into a battle royale with you being the main target.
- So Yunzi have joined the fray. We can finally have a battle to settle our little dispute and prove yet again that we are worthy of her hand. We just need to get gid of all the small fries first.
- AXE TO THE MOTHERFUCKING CHEST!
- That didn't go quite as planned. I guess it falls up to us now to clean the whole mess and see to it that we uphold our promise to Wuni.
- Just so you know, you are doing it at the cost of the elopement plan and the team of bros. No, you don't get to know that beforehand.
- Ok, so Tufan diplomacy isn't panning out. Let's cut the losses and have a princess out of this whole disaster, at least.
- Nope. Here, have Wuni on your way out. You take the princess, you lose all those BRO points.
- Well, the solution is simple, then. We give the princess back. Actually, that also solves a lot of our problems. I guess it's for the best...
- Thank you! Did you know that Shun was just a walking distance away and he could have found a far better use for the princess than you did? Well, now you do!
- Sorry, Shun, mate, we can't return to the Central Plains right now, we have to chase the woman we are courting for the last five years. That's the whole point of our trip here.
- Guess where she is now.
:troll:

When just the last 7 updates generate 100 pages of pure distilled butthurt in a week ('Tibetan Trouble' is 97 pages back and is dated March 14), you know you are doing something right. Or wrong, depending on who you ask. :P

Last edited:

Reikan's maximum PER bonus is 5, so that gives us a maximum PER of 11. Until we get another upgrade to our broken neiggong, anyway.
Gotcha. I think we might ought to regard our current PER as 7 for the time being though - unless we purposely turn on the ORDER in or before a fight. That technique can't be maintained for long periods due to CHAOS being the default AND to the fact that that just turning on the technique itself taxes our neigong. We can't leave it on all day like Reikan.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If, for instance, BJ gets his hand on the Yang manual and starts learning from it and gets techniques dependent on his yang qi, and we get our control to a level where we can drain specific parts of qi, can we suck out only the Yang portion of his qi and thus render his yang qi techniques useless?

To exert such fine control over the qi streams requires you to be in order mode, and you can only absorb qi in chaos mode.

For the second question, yes.

Nevill

Arcane
A little fix to the tally. Since you know if the number of votes is not equal among the options there is a mistake there somewhere. :)

Nevermind, the tallies are now being kept in the update itself.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Bro, what do you think I was trying to do when I convinced everyone to do something as retarded as sneaking into the Fire Temple with all those Amesha Spenta running around? I was higher than giraffe pussy when I wrote all those arguments (I had no clue what I was saying!), yet somehow, he's still here! Despite my best efforts, he still won't die. THE LONGER XU JING LIVES THE LONGER WE MUST WAIT FOR OUR GLORIOUS PLAYTHROUGH AS THE GOAT DOCTOR MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE BROS AND DO IT BY MAKING SURE THAT JING MAKES THE WRONG CHOICE
NO! Get fucked bro :D

Kipeci

Arcane
Don't get us killed for the Goat Doctor, bro!

Get us killed for the Dog Doctor, instead. I'd like to make proper use of bamboozling pressure points.

Nevill

Arcane
I will only accept Ox Farmer. We can then see if treave is capable of weaving a narrative that would outretard the Dex.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Fuck you guys for not even discussing about possibility to play GLORIUS DRABBIT ROGUE!:5/5:.

I could go for that delicious dog rogue also:yeah:

Kipeci

Arcane
If we were to go with rogue it'd have been best with rabbit or monkey, I don't see the appeal of the drabbit.

Absinthe

Arcane
I still want to finish this Jing playthrough considering how far we've gotten, plus I want to see if we can get a solid epilogue as Chi You.

But I'll second drabbit rogue, although I wouldn't mind Ox Farmer either.

Yeah, I'd really like to have Jing at least get to kill Bai - even if it costs him his life. After all this buildup, the lp just can't end without an epic wuxian duel. Heck, the lp is called "Legend" and though we've done a lot and developed quite a rep, until we take out someone at master level - in full public view - we won't be a true Legend.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'd rather leapfrog over him and trash him like a second-rate fighter. I think Bai Jiutian deserves a solid humiliation.

Ergo, we should go to Tianshan asap.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Don't you think treave will want to have a say in this? I just don't see us starting over, no matter what. This story is coming to its conclusion, with the Tiger Adjutant as the protagonist. Talking about other combinations in another playthrough is simply silly. :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom