Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Except, y'know, those 10% of masters. Come one, Nevill, just come out with it. You only want C1 for the trollan, no shame in that.
If it is between C1 and B2, yes. Yes, I do want it for trollan. And I don't like Sanjiao, so there is that.

If it is between C1 and A2... I also want to live and accomplish our goal here.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'd do this in Tufan Kingdom, where I wouldn't give a fuck about our reputation since that country is shit and more shit wouldn't be noticeable.

But this isn't fun. It's straight dumb. We're doing it only for the lulz and we are almost guaranteed to get our ass kicked (best case scenario) or killed (worst case scenario).

Now if we had the Fire Medicine to create a distraction I might give us ONE chance of pulling this off. ONE of of ten perhaps.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I know his words don't have to make sense for Lingshu to be swayed, but I can't help scratching my head in confusion. Expanding is bad for the sect? It attracts greedy eyes? From whom? Why is it bad? What is illegitimate about Sanjiao's actions?

It just looks like BJ is pulling the arguments out of his ass here. 'He is wrong because my pretty voice says so'. Is my impression correct?

Growing too fast, too much, means that he is taking in riff-raff and people who are more thugs than noble pugilists. He is not being very selective of the people he admits to the sect, regardless of their reputation. These people might use the name of the sect to do things like extort money from villages under the excuse of protection money, and since the sect has grown so large without laying down the central structure to support it, there is little oversight. Granted, Qingcheng has always been chasing quantity since Song's father, but Mao is pushing even harder and faster. It's still not gotten to the stage where an intervention needs to be staged, but sooner or later this will likely incur the ire of the other sects unless he gains enough power to dominate them outright. If Song Lingshu marries him, she basically stamps her approval on this policy of his.

Nevill

Arcane
I'd do this in Tufan Kingdom, where I wouldn't give a fuck about our reputation since that country is shit and more shit wouldn't be noticeable..
I wouldn't - it's the country where the Fire Cult is located.

But this isn't fun. It's straight dumb. We're doing it only for the lulz and we are almost guaranteed to get our ass kicked (best case scenario) or killed (worst case scenario).
Eh, fear mongering. :P

a cut of domestic sheep prime

And I don't like Sanjiao, so there is that.
I'm never getting an explanation for this am I? He's just an old man with too much ambition. Hell, he may actually be useful against Huashan. I am down with trolling, but why is it worth sacrificing our rep to take him down?
Besides, even if the masters detect them, they will still have to ingest at least a small amount to do so.
But they won't actually work. Masters can resist poisons with neigong.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Janitor Zhang takes out a cigarette and lights it, taking a drag coolly. “Get back up, kid. If that’s all you have, you can forget about protecting the son of Prime Minister Li.”

Xu Jing glares at him, soaked by the rain, his face a mess of bruises.

The Minamoto biker gang rides through the streets, vengeance in their eyes. Their leader, a blind biker, snarls. “The Central Plains High School will pay for putting our aniki in the hospital!”

“The Eight Sects are the strongest clubs in this school, and the foundation of power for the student council.” The girl grins mischieviously. “I am not sure what you think the Chemistry Club can do for you, my cute little kouhai... but there will be a price.”

A bearded man with glasses and a suit, sitting in front of the principal who is dressed in traditional attire. “Headmaster Wang, this will be the year my Fire Mountain High School claims the final victory at the Inter-High Martial Arts Tournament!” boasts the man.

“Oh ho ho, you seem confident, Headmaster Ahura.”

“Of course! We have a secret weapon this year… be prepared to eat dirt.” The room trembles because of their qi.

Xu Jing is cornered in an alley by a gang in animal masks. He seems to be relishing the challenge. The gang parts to allow their leader through. It is a girl. They went to the same middle school together. There was some history between them. His eyes widen.

“You…”

An announcement rings out across the school courtyard, through the public announcement system: “All students, this is your Student Council President speaking. Laxatives have been released into the school’s water tank again. Please refrain from drinking anything until we solve this problem. Again.”

After finishing the announcement, the Student Council President Bai Jiutian flicks off the microphone, unamused. She opens a bottle of mineral water and gulps it down. There are cartons of water bottles behind her.

A mad old man runs through the school grounds naked and laughing, a fistful of panties in hand.

DENSETSU THE ANIMU. Coming Spring 2014.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Yeah, like they could kick us out. A lone Jing could humiliate every royal guard and massacre their whole army in the city, I don't even want to know what Jing together with the Amesha Spentas and Yunzi could do.

Actually when we get back, I propose we take over the country.

Baltika9

Arcane
So all the suicidal stunts we pulled weren't FUN enough for you?
I don't find suicides fun. Trollan, on the other hand...

But we don't respect a good trollan recently. No mask, no kidnjapping the princess for Wuni, no kidnapping the princess for ourselves... We are becoming lame and boring.
Sorry man, as a leader responsible for over ten thousand lives, this:

Is the opposite of where I want to go. I'm here to make allies for the future, not piss off the whole jianghu for lulz. You know the deal, growing with our responsibilities and shit. And yeah, I am absolutely of the opinion that C1 is not worth it.

I'm never getting an explanation for this am I?
No, you don't. I also don't like Gao Ying. It's a thing about the secret police and their agents. And their liasons. :P
And yet you give me flak for my Bai hate'n. :/

Well, either B2 or C1 is going to be a fun read I suppose, so I guess I'm glad it's between these two.

edit:
Nevill said:
Lingshu in his place.
Which gets us what for certain? She could just end up manipulated by Bai and then Huashan becomes even stronger.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A letter to Ares. Please make it happen, treave.

It can't happen if Song Lingshu writes it. She's hot-blooded and hot-tempered at times, but not the type to be all mocking and sarcastic in a letter. That's more of Jing's territory.

Well, I suppose we could write a letter too... :D

edit: After the eloping, maybe:
Dear Uncle Mao,

Just had a fivesome with your niece, two nuns, a nomad princess, and a member of the wudu cult. Hot stuff. Abdicate or I'll break my foot off in your ass.

Love,
Jing

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I suppose we could write a letter too... :D
If the goal of B2 is not to leave evidence of our involvement, then I don't see why we should.

Then again, after we leave, there is always BJ to spin the story as he wants.

treave, I suppose Lingshu will be traveling with us, then? There are no secure places to leave her until this dies down, I suppose.

By the way, if we get Lingshu, we will be just 1 wife short of being able to execute Guihe Formation.
treave, out of curiosity, how well suited is Jing for fighting in a formation? Him and Qilin had a good thing going against Yang Xue with their tricks and coverin gone another. I am interested in exploring this further down the line, perhaps even creating one specially for our harem. All of the current girls we have are rather unorthodox, Qilin more than us even, so I'm guessing they would mesh well.
Only if he's the only guy in the formation.
Can it be done once we find Yunzi? ;)

Last edited:

Who said that was the goal? B2 is more effective rep-wise becaue it only directly harms Mao.

Nevill

Arcane
Who said that was the goal? B2 is more effective rep-wise becaue it only directly harms Mao.
Well, it does not really hurt Mao if Lingshu was kidnapped and forced to write a letter instead of running away herself.

Nevill

Arcane
About that. When will be a good time to talk to her about what happened?

Since she will be traveling with Cao'er and all. I guess we'll need Yifang's help for this one.

profreshinal

Arcane
I don't get why BJ would cooperate in B.

If he's here as a manipulative ass that wants to break mao's growth of power then he's exiling the only person who can stop that.

If he's here because love he's sending his girl off with womanizer Jing. At least Miss Song was only marrying Mao because of duty.

Well, it does not really hurt Mao if Lingshu was kidnapped and forced to write a letter instead of running away herself.
Good point, but it all depends on how it's delivered. If, for example, the Abbess were to read it and say that Song instructed her to inform them of her reasons for leaving, it would probably be accepted as truth.

Besides, if she's seen traveling with us, it will hardly be believed that she was kidnapped.

Nevill

Arcane
Actually, she snuck into the wedding for free food.
This is a joke, right? This has to be a joke.

I don't get why BJ would cooperate in B.

If he's here as a manipulative ass that wants to break mao's growth of power then he's exiling the only person who can stop that.
No, Song casting doubt on Mao's legitimacy puts a stop to his rapid expansion. He'll have to deal with a bit of infighting, and her words can be used by others against him.

Also, he is the one that suggested it, so...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
About that. When will be a good time to talk to her about what happened?

Since she will be traveling with Cao'er and all. I guess we'll need Yifang's help for this one.

It'll be addressed at a later time, just like Yifang's family issue with Cao'er.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom