Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can if it involves qi.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Surely she will recognize Lingshu - who saved our lives two years ago - and decide to butt in to protect helpless girls assaulted by the rabble because she is a sweetheart like that.

Kipeci

Arcane
Honestly, I kinda hope we don't meet her. We might blab to her about being the new leader of the Fire Temple, and it would really be so much better for her to reluctantly return to the Fire Temple for the last time before her marriage only to discover that the guy's been dead for months.

It'd be better to actually meet her and not say a word, of course, but I'm not sure if we can do that.

Esquilax

Arcane
Honestly, I kinda hope we don't meet her. We might blab to her about being the new leader of the Fire Temple, and it would really be so much better for her to reluctantly return to the Fire Temple for the last time before her marriage only to discover that the guy's been dead for months.

What if she runs off into parts unknown for her own freedom, not knowing that Ahura died? Lady Nuwa keeps us apart once more. :(

Baltika9

Arcane
We gotta find our dear waifu, just because our BROmeshas asked us to, if nothing else. More tsundere time is always great, and we kinda need to work together with her to build up the Temple's strength for the future. That, and we gotta exchange techniques between us.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, I demand a rollback. The voting bloc misread B3 and we thought it said "dick" instead of "duck", which is why we instantly bandwagoned for it. Lambchop19 will attest to the voting bloc's rampant homosexuality in matters of romance (he knows that the Codex would drop Yunzi like a bad habit if it meant being surrounded by MEN), so I feel that missing out on Yunzi here is a little unfair. We were misled. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
How can she not recognize the creepy physician girl that paralyzed her two years ago, or Qilin that held her by the throat and promised hot lesbo sex? Or Lingshu? Godammit Yunzi, please notice us. She's a hothead, so she must get involved in the fighting. Something, anything.
:negative:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Say, did we cure Lingshu from being turned on by touching? I almost hope we didn't. Someone who derives sexual pleasure from fighting is bound to be a terrifying opponent.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A Changing City

A powerful kick smashes the table before you can have a taste of the duck, sending the dishes clattering to the floor. “Listen to me when I’m talking to you, son!” shouts the perpetrator, a large, brawny mountain with a wide, flat mouth and a craggy face only a mother could love. “How’re you going to compensate for your girls ruining our meal?” The brawl is still continuing all around you, and your food is already lost. Qilin seems particularly distraught at the tragic, untimely loss of the duck. You turn to the nervous waiter, still operating professionally in such a situation, and try to make an order for another duck.

“I’m sorry, sir, we are all out of duck for today,” he apologizes. “We do have other specialties you can try.”

“That will have to do,” you sigh. Qilin is actually genuinely sulking – a rare display from her.

“Would you like to move to another table?”

“No, just bring it here. I’ll find another table, there’s no need to trouble yourself.” You smile, and wave the waiter away.

“Hey, I’m talking to you, son!” The man attacks you, enraged by your refusal to acknowledge his existence. Still seated, you sway to the sides, avoiding his strikes. You raise your foot and block an incoming kick, and with a quick lash of your palm you send him staggering back. He grins, though you can see that his confidence is shaken just a slightly. The man towers over your bench, breathing heavily. “Not bad, son, not bad. But do you know who I am? I am Dong Dazhui, but people call me Big Mouth Dong! I am big around here! You’ll regret ignoring me!”

His spittle hits your face. You quietly wipe it off.

“A pleasure to meet you, Big Mouth Dong. I am Xu Jing, but people call me Man Tiger Pig. I am new around here, so forgive my upcoming rudeness,” you say, just quietly enough that only he can hear it. He tries to work his mind around that name; it is apparently familiar to him. You give him a winning smile. His face pales when he realizes your identity, but it is too late. Before he can react, you grab him by the ears and pull. He is forced down to his knees, yelling in pain. You seal his pressure points to immobilize him and methodically rearrange the man’s posture.

One by one, eyes are drawn to your handiwork. Nervous murmurs begin to travel around the restaurant and soon the brawl grinds down to an end as the participants begin leaving in a hurry.

“Yeah, that’s it! My name is Song Lingshu of Qingcheng! Remember it, evil-doers!” shouts Lingshu happily as she brushes her disheveled hair back. You had heard her say that she used to get into brawls with the male disciples back when she was a child, but you did not expect her to be so fond of one.

She turns around, her eyes widen, and she asks, “What’s that?”

You cheerfully pat the wide back of the immobilized Big Mouth Dong, where the fresh dishes had been served. “Just a table. Come on, get something to eat.”

“Hey, my fellow tiger friend! I knew it was you!” A loud voice booms across the restaurant; you know who it is without even needing to look. Pang Xiaohu walks over with a jovial chortle, his ever-present axes by his side and followed by a dozen menacing guards. You gesture at the rest of your companions, telling them that you will handle this. It would be good to get through the night without another fight.

“I see you’ve replaced the one that Prince Tenzin took,” you say, raising your hand in brief greeting.

He laughs. “I need at least two to sleep at night!” Looking around at the wreckage around him, he continues, “I arrived a bit too late to partake in the fun, but I suppose we’ll have to go another round the next time.”

“B-boss…” croaks the table. Pang squats down and squints. “Eh? That you, Little Dong? Xu Jing, what did you do to my Little Dong here?”

“He broke my table,” you respond calmly. “In his shame, he volunteered his aid.”

“Huh.” Shrugging his broad shoulders, he says, “I suppose that’s what he does, then. Don’t kill him, though. I’d appreciate that. I need to take care of my men, and if you killed him I'd have to kill you.”

You assure the Little Tiger that you have no intention of killing his men at this moment, and he gives you a satisfied nod.

“Great, thanks. Oh, I see you’ve added to your harem too, pal.” Pang winks lewdly before laughing out loud. “I don’t mean anything by it,” he clarifies shortly after, “Real men do not even consider touching the wives of their friends. Your wives are like sisters to me!”

You chuckle. “I wasn’t aware we were friends, Pang Xiaohu.”

“Ah, you fought me, I fought you, we both walked away happy, that’s as much friendship as there can be in this world!” he proclaims.

“Of course, I’m sure that won’t stop you from trying to kill me the next time we fight?”

“Of course! Here’s a man that knows the ways of the world!” grins Pang Xiaohu fiercely. “Well, I shall not bother you further, Man Tiger Pig. I have my men to entertain on the third floor.”

With that, the Bandit Prince departs, leaving you to enjoy your duck-less dinner in peace.

You had retired to a nearby inn after dinner. Surprisingly, Pang Xiaohu had paid for the meal, insisting that it was on him. No one seemed inclined to dispute his generous gesture, not after they saw the numbers scratched out at the end of the list. Heading upstairs to your rooms, you attempt to strike up a conversation with Lady Suien. You have memories of her babysitting both you and Shun many years ago: though none of them are particularly good ones, and some ended up being rather horrible for you – but not Shun, due to his status as the Crown Prince – you think it would be nice to catch up. Besides, you are rather interested in that contraption she had.

“Lady Suien-“

She turns around quickly. “I have nothing to say to you, Xu Jing. Do not bother me more than is necessary,” says the lady in a cool, measured manner.

“I haven’t said anything,” you say, a bit defensively.

Lady Suien gives you one of the best dismissive glares you have ever received and walks off down the corridor before you can talk about anything else.

“A bit of an ice queen, isn’t she?” says Fu Xia, coming up behind you. The angry, drunken, and very persistent monks had chased him out of the restaurant during the brawl, but he seems to have managed to escape from their clutches relatively unscathed, save for some minor injuries. “Don’t take it personally, she’s like that with everyone. A bit of a kook, but she’s brilliant. Man, those monks… if I weren’t still working off that paralysis I would have taught them a lesson!”

Though there is a hint of nervousness in his voice – after all, you did choke him in your first meeting – the young constable seems to be pleased to have something to talk to you about. He appears to be the naturally gregarious sort, despite the rough start the both of you have gotten off to. “Well, I’m looking forward to seeing her work. Is Chief Jiang back yet?” you ask.

Fu Xia shakes his head. “The chief does his own thing. He is acquainted with Du Yao too, they go back some way. I wouldn’t worry about him here. Speaking of which, Xiaofang isn’t here too. I wonder where he’s gone…”

You realize that you had not seen Xiaofang soon after the brawl started too – she... no, he was gone by the time Pang Xiaohu arrived. You wonder if he was lost in the fight.

“Don’t worry,” says Fu. “He tends to operate on his own… he’s something like a loan from the eunuch department.” Something about the look in his eyes tells you that he is not too fond of Xiaofang despite the friendly way they were talking to each other before dinner. Fu Xia stretches his arms, letting out a wide yawn. “Well! It’s going to be a long day ahead once Chief Jiang gets back. I’ll see you tomorrow, Xu Jing.”

It seems that there is nothing more for you to do except to return to your room and await Jiang Zheng’s report on his meeting with Du Yao.

The chief constable never returns to the inn.

The first news you receive in the morning is that of Fu Xia telling you that Chief Jiang had been injured and captured by Du Yao’s men.

He had been found with a corpse: Du Yao’s.

Jiang Zheng had been arrested by what passes for law in Youxia City and charged with the murder of the city’s leader. As the news spreads, you wonder why they did not kill him on the spot, as you expected them to do.

“Chief Jiang is an Imperial Constable after all. We are representatives of the Emperor himself, with official ranks and everything,” explains Fu Xia.

“I see.” You get it. If that is the case, considering Youxia City’s current status as a self-governing city paying tribute to the Tang Emperor, they could not simply execute an official of the Tang court without first satisfying all avenues of inquiry. That would be giving an excuse for the Tang soldiers stationed nearby to march in and impose their own rule on the place. It looks like Du Yao’s lieutenants were savvy enough to realize this.

In fact, the news has already spread enough that the commander of the garrison is said to have mobilized three thousand of his men to march towards Youxia, especially since it has become known that the Little Tiger of the Bandit Kingdom just led a few hundred men into the city the night before.

The remnants of Du Yao’s operation, more concerned with keeping both sides in a non-violent truce – or at least, non-violent by the standards of Youxia City – would not act rashly. Du Yao’s death has left a vacuum at the top, and any hasty action on their part now might leave them without a city to govern when the dust settles. It would be in their best interests to conduct a fair trial, one that satisfies both the Tang and the Bandit Kingdom. The Bandit King, Pang Hu, will likely be hoping for Chief Jiang to be found guilty, as that strikes a blow to the image of the Tang, but you think even he will not make any impulsive moves before a verdict is reached.

"We are empowered by my uncle to conduct an independent investigation even in tributaries or foreign lands as long as Tang citizens are involved. This case applies,” says Lady Suien. It feels rather weird to see an older woman call Shun uncle, but somehow you feel that now is not the time to bring up her age.

“Xiaofang is still missing,” Fu Xia points out. The lady-like eunuch had not returned since last night. Lady Suien nods. “We must find him too. This is strange.”

You wonder what you should do next. Your first suspicion would fall on the Jinkong Sect members, but the last you saw of them, they had been defeated soundly by Lingshu in the restaurant. Their relation to the case is still uncertain.

Or perhaps you should just pack up and leave Youxia City before trouble breaks out. After all, you have no obligations to the Imperial Constables.

A. You stay in Youxia City to assist the remaining constables in the investigation. You feel that this matter is not as simple as it seems, and that Du Yao’s death has something to do with the investigation into the missing Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill manual.

B. You leave Youxia City. You do not want to tarry long in this place; let the constables take care of their own.
1. You attempt to find the location of the Jinkong Sect. You will investigate the Sect directly and try to find out what they know.
2. You travel towards Wudang Mountain. You have spent enough time in this region – perhaps Wudang has some fresh leads for you.
3. You make the trip to Luoyang; Shaolin Temple is close by, and you already know they have a partial copy of the Jiuyang manual.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
“Yeah, that’s it! My name is Song Lingshu of Qingcheng! Remember it, evil-doers!” shouts Lingshu happily as she brushes her disheveled hair back. You had heard her say that she used to get into brawls with the male disciples back when she was a child, but you did not expect her to be so fond of one.

Yup, she is totaly like Minsc :D

"We are all heroes, you and Boo Yifang and I!"

I'm voting A, we have to help the Big Boss! (Man Tiger Pig? Man Tiger Pig! Man Tiger Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!)

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A - I guess we should have gone A back there. I mean, we didn't get any duck. This is as bad as trying to kill Zhang Manxing.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wonderful scene with Dong-mouth there. Delightfully humiliating. I'd like to stay some more for more trolling. The risk is that Song and Yifang might go Batman/Robin on the city...

Will ponder the options a bit before voting. :salute:

Nevill

Arcane
C freeform - wander around town shouting to get Yunzi's attention. She has to be here somewhere.

No Yunzi, no duck, no manorbros, no bonding with Tang princesses, no nymphomaniac Lingshu. Truly, our life is cursed.

A.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Wonderful scene with Dong-mouth there. Delightfully humiliating. I'd like to stay some more for more trolling. The risk is that Song and Yifang might go Batman/Robin on the city...

Will ponder the options a bit before voting. :salute:

It's Minsc and Boo, way more hilarious that way. The girls are not fags ;p

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Say, did we cure Lingshu from being turned on by touching? I almost hope we didn't. Someone who derives sexual pleasure from fighting is bound to be a terrifying opponent.

You didn't cure her permanently but she's on medication to lower her heightened sensitivity until Cao'er figures out a lasting solution.

A

I'd say it was good we didn't went after him, or we would probably end up being blamed for this mess. Shame about the duck though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom