Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh man. I'm way too delirious from flu to make any sense of this.

B - Maybe this guy's approach is of the Columbo style of detectoring. Willing to flop.
C - Our duck!

Edit: Actually... I'm getting worried about Fu Xia. He seems suspicious. He acts too foolish. I can't remember, where was he when the guy was murdered?

Edit 2: Yeah, this guy is dodgy.

“Don’t worry,” says Fu. “He (Xiaofang) tends to operate on his own… he’s something like a loan from the eunuch department.” Something about the look in his eyes tells you that he is not too fond of Xiaofang despite the friendly way they were talking to each other before dinner. Fu Xia stretches his arms, letting out a wide yawn. “Well! It’s going to be a long day ahead once Chief Jiang gets back. I’ll see you tomorrow, Xu Jing.”

Edit 3: treave what do we know of Fu's background?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As for why you don't get into a bidding war over the duck, it's not your money to bid with. They do need to file receipts with the Treasury.

Baltika9

Arcane
As for why you don't get into a bidding war over the duck, it's not your money to bid with. They do need to file receipts with the Treasury.
I look forward to the Jiang Zheng Gaiden where he explains to Shun, Gao and Yu how his three-course meals at the finest restaraunts, Yuhua's best call girls and the most skilled acupuncturists in the nation are totes necessary and mission essential expenses.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Du Yao is so vital to the running of the city, the only type of people with any percentage in killing him would be the ones who don't care, or someone fool enough to want to replace him. The city might yield better results if I'm looking for someone that foolish.
And I want that duck.

BC, to that end.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Edit 3: treave what do we know of Fu's background?

Nothing at the moment, it hasn't come up in conversation. You can ask him or Suien, in which case I'll give what they say immediately, and you can ask Jiang, which'll be when you visit him again in subsequent updates.

Voting:

B - sure, maybe he is pulling Columbo here. Or maybe the whole thing is just a red herring. I found these guys being responsible for this just a bit too convenient and we may miss him in our investigation here (or he might get himself killed).
C - it may not be smartest thing, but damn it woman, don't stand between a man and his duck. Though I do wonder who is going to pay the bill for trashing the place this time, the constables? That's not going to look nice on the invoice when it gets handed in - bill for trashing a restaurant because we didn't get our duck. Maybe it would be better to just have her pay us for the duck.

Tempted to just order Yunzi as her new lord to serve us the duck. That's either going to start fight right there or stun her so much she would actually do it. But I suppose there are a bit too many witnesses around for that.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What do you think will happen to it if we fight?

The duck was simply not meant to happen. :( Seeing as how fate insists on keeping us apart, I wonder if this wasn't our true love, after all.

I am sure the third time will be the the charm.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
BC there can be only one! The daily brawl quota must be met!
Also a friendly sparring with our future waifu is a must :D

1A sounds like a red herring, also the eunuch knows something and might flee if we dont stay in the city. We can tackle the sect afterwards.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
In before the beggar was the eunuch in disguise and fooled us, Qilin would have surely seen through the ruse.

Changing my vote to:
B. D>C.

Proposing D:
We approach Yunzy, show her the flame burning in our left eye and order here to feed us the duck.

In this way no one will know we are the new fire lord.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
“Anyway, first things first! That duck is mine! I’m paying for it!”

“You haven’t paid for anything yet,” snarls Qilin. “We ordered it first!”

“Well, as long as it’s not on the table yet, it’s not yours,” retorts Yunzi. “I’ve travelled so far for this... I will not let you have it.”

“Maybe we could share?” you say.

The resulting “No!” from both girls is loud enough to hush the entire restaurant, all three floors of it.
This is just a string of innuendos, isn't it?

No, Jing. You are the duck.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Proposing D:
We approach Yunzy, show her the flame burning in our left eye and order here to feed us the duck.

In this way no one will know we are the new fire lord.

If you really want to, I guess.

Anyway, the next update won't be coming for at least two days, if not more.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Forgot to put in an explanation of the Chinese hours used.

The ancient system uses 12 divisions of time in a day, each division roughly corresponding to two modern hours.

zi - 11 pm to 1 am

chou - 1 am to 3 am

yi - 3 am to 5 am

mao - 5 am to 7 am

chen - 7 am to 9 am

si - 9 am to 11 am

wu - 11 am to 1 pm

wei - 1 pm to 3 pm

shen- 3 pm to 5 pm

you - 5 pm to 7 pm

xu - 7 pm to 9 pm

hai- 9 pm to 11 pm

profreshinal

Arcane
treave did Jiang think Du Yao was dead at the time the daugther came in?
The Jinkong sect uniform, how much black and how much red is in it? Is it mostly black with red accents, vice versa or a more equally divided colour patern?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He did not have time to really check the corpse, but it looked dead. The uniform is mostly black with red sleeves and trim.

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
“It matches that of the standard short sword issued to the constables.”
treave, was Xiaofang armed at a time he went missing during the brawl?

It looks like the wound may have been made after death to implicate the constables, and the sword was not the intended weapon of murder, so a wound during the fight seems highly unlikely.

If Xiaofang went missing with his weapon and was incapacitated afterwards, someone picking up his sword might be a possibility.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Thanks to treave for adding my suggestion.

D. You reveal that you have been marked by the Flame in order to get her to lay off the duck.

Come on guys, just a flip of our eyepatch and we will beat Yunzi into submission on the spot, safe, secret and we will get the duck without hassle.

Nevill

Arcane
Come on guys, just a flip of our eyepatch and we will beat Yunzi into submission on the spot, safe, secret and we will get the duck without hassle.
First things first, fighting is another way of saying 'hello' for these two. It would be poor form to forego the proper greetings in favor of 'beating the girl into submission'.

Second, Yunzi did not serve Ahura, and she will not serve Jing. She is not the kind of a person to fall on her knees and worship a self-proclaimed God. It is highly likely she will express surprise, disbelief and anger. It is also likely she will grab Jing by the collar and start asking what exactly we did with the temple and her people. Not quite what you want to happen in the middle of the restaurant.

All in all, I think we will work much better as equals and partners than as the Lord and his mistress (ha, good luck trying to make her acknowledge that. She fled from Ahura and she will flee from you if you try to force the matter. What is there to stop her?).

profreshinal

Arcane
AC

We should investigate all paths including the sketchy ones since we don't have any better leads atm. My current theory is that the killer of Du Yao wasn't in the study at the time and he got killed by a fourth person throwing needles from the outside. If that other person in the study was part of the Jingkong sect we should find him.
Something that bothers me is that Du Yao's scream didn't get picked up by the daugther or the guards.

This fight has been coming for far to long.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
First things first, fighting is another way of saying 'hello' for these two. It would be poor form to forego the proper greetings in favor of 'beating the girl into submission'.

Second, Yunzi did not serve Ahura, and she will not serve Jing. She is not the kind of a person to fall on her knees and worship a self-proclaimed God. It is highly likely she will express surprise, disbelief and anger. It is also likely she will grab Jing by the collar and start asking what exactly we did with the temple and her people. Not quite what you want to happen in the middle of the restaurant.

All in all, I think we will work much better as equals and partners than as the Lord and his mistress (ha, good luck trying to make her acknowledge that. She fled from Ahura and she will flee from you if you try to force the matter. What is there to stop her?).
We are putting up an harem, she will be already pissed off by that alone, besides is time to put an end to such a childish behavior, she shall not serve us?
Fine, but she has to respect us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom