Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

LWC1996

Learned
Voting D1>C1.

Esquilax

Arcane
Haha, it turns out that the incessant DISCUSS!!! about whether this choice would give us +1 SWORDS wasn't productive after all. I didn't think that Bai Jiutian would buy any sort of pitiful excuse like "we need to bury Zhang Manxing", which is why we needed to give him something more believable with B1/2 to put an end to the fight. Anyways, Xu Jing might be dead here and I understand the temptation of a rollback, but it seems like there are still a ton of interesting ways to take this story. Due to that, treave, because Jing was marked by the Eternal Flame, I assume that it will pick someone new to lead the Fire Cult now that he's dead, right?

So on that note, I vote E: Play as the next person marked by the Eternal Flame > A. Going with the PRAY option seems interesting, if nothing else too. I'd also rather not savescum again.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Vahista isn't a very interesting character to play as.

But now that I think about it, this is probably an even better lead-in to put Ghost Jing in Bai's head?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That would be... interesting.

Is this what the PRAY option leads to? Or is it a separate one?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Vahista isn't a very interesting character to play as.

But now that I think about it, this is probably an even better lead-in to put Ghost Jing in Bai's head?
How about being rebornn as a toad demon?
Don't even dare thinking about it,:x

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
2015: Initial appearance of the Corona Aurum flowers recorded. Scientists are baffled at its DNA, which does not share any resemblance with any flowering plant on Earth.

2016: The flowers are found to contain compounds that promote cellular longevity. Research intensifies.

2018: First animal experiments involving the flower extracts take place under a project by the Fenrir Corporation. Ends in the death of twelve researchers and twenty security personnel.

2020: The Ash Giant manifests in the Tokyo Bay. Inhabitants initially think it is a prank for an upcoming monster movie. Millions die in the first few hours. In the coming months, the Ash Giant proves to be impervious to conventional weaponry. Japan is thoroughly ravaged. The decision to utilize nuclear weapons is approved. Eventually, the giant is successfully destroyed, but the cost in lives and infrastructure is immense. The Japanese Home Islands are reduced to a lifeless radioactive wasteland.

2021: The first Ash Winter occurs as the giant’s dispersed particles, circulating in the upper atmosphere for the past year, finally fall back to Earth. They prove to have adverse physiological effects. Not all succumb to the infection, but those life-forms that do mutate into ashen-white creatures that do nothing but devour. Cases begin appearing simultaneously all over the globe. The creatures are dubbed the Cineres.

2024: Corona Aurum flowers are proven to be able to resist the infection. Work on a nanomachine-deployed vaccine begins in earnest as mankind makes their retreat into filtered biodomes, losing ground under the Cineres onslaught.

2025: The Fenrir Corporation completes their work on the nano-vaccine. Humanity starts to fight back.

2030: The last of the Cineres are eradicated. The world begins its recovery. Rapid progress is made in the field of artificial intelligence, networking and cybernetics.

2038: Children with strange, inexplicable abilities begin to appear.

2040: The children are traced back to mothers who were vaccinated while previously in preliminary infectious stages of the Cinis disease. The media begins calling them Ash Children.

2045: Tensions regarding the Ash Children intensify, with religious cults forming around some of the more powerful individuals.

2050: A war over the Ash Children begins between the surviving nations, as they struggle for dominance in the rubble of their once thriving civilizations.

2052: Nuclear weapons are used, though the circumstances behind the event are unclear.

2053: The war ends with the remaining countries agreeing to unite for the sake of their continued survival. Most of the Ash Children did not survive the war. New Children are still born occasionally.

2060: The Fenrir Corporation establishes the League of Superheroes, a commercial endeavour that utilizes modern technological advancement and the abilities of the Ash Children to develop an organization of superheroes that fight crime. It does not take a year before the first eager supervillains appear.

2070: The League has become a reality TV show where heroes are ranked by both power and popularity. Superheroes are now a career pathway...

[CONFIDENTIAL]

[PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS SAMPLE]

FIRESTARTER
Strength: B
Speed: B
Intelligence: C
Power: B (Pyromancy)

CYBORG JACK
Strength: A
Speed: A
Intelligence: B
Power: C (Cybernetic Enhancements)

THE MENTALIST
Strength: C
Speed: C
Intelligence: A
Power: A (Telepathy, Telekinesis)

ANIMAL FRIEND
Strength: A
Speed: B
Intelligence: D
Power: D (Animal Communication)

HOBO RIDER
Strength: D
Speed: D
Intelligence: S
Power: - (None)

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nevill - C (1)
asxetos - B
Baltika9 - C>A>B (1)
ScubaV - C (1>2)
Kz3r0 - B>A
Azira - D>A
Ganymede - B
ERYFKRAD - D (1)
LWC1996 - D>C (1)
Esquilax - C (2>1)
The Brazilian Slaughter - A>B>C (2)
Akkudakku - A>B>C (1)
Grimgravy - C>B (1)
TOME - B
Elfberserker - C
Chumbucket - C>B>A (2 only)
Ifeex - B>A>C (2)
Kashmir Slippers - B
GreyViper - B
Absinthe - B
Jester - C (2)
Zero Credibility - B>C
Smashing Axe - B
Rex Feral - B
Kipeci - A
profreshinal - A
Tribute - A>B

Current tally:

A - 5
B - 11
C - 8
D - 3

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'd probably give the option to either choose from a few pre-made characters or go through a character creation process for that particular LP concept. But, eh, we'll get to that if/when we get to that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd probably give the option to either choose from a few pre-made characters or go through a character creation process for that particular LP concept. But, eh, we'll get to that if/when we get to that.
Character creation? Oh boy that'd be fun, oh I can imagine the endless and endless and endless DISCUSS! right now. Sweet.

Esquilax

Arcane
ScubaV Baltika9 Nevill Tigranes Kipeci Smashing Axe Absinthe Azira
Bros, listen up! If we take a hiatus on this LP and pick the glorious HOBO RIDER as our superhero, when we return to this LP, we will surely get +1 SWORDS. A vote for HOBO RIDER is a vote for +1 SWORDS.

treave, but seriously, what does the Intelligence stat mean for Hobo Rider? Is he so dumb that his INT score is so far down the alphabet that it's an S? I've always wanted to play College Humor's version of Batman:

Ganymede

Learned
Oh look it's Nier :love:

I'm suddenly tempted to vote C/D

Drakengard CYOA when?
Get root on the job it's a match made in heaven.

LWC1996

Learned
Why rollback again??? You make bad choices, you accept the consequences. This is getting tedious. We can't rollback evytime you don't like the decision. Sheesh. I definitely know what new LP I'm keen on from treave, and it sure as hell isn't another rollback.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
C means we go to another LP first, hopefully finish that one, then return to this setting and continue from where we left off after the bitterness has long subsided. Think of it like, uh, a TV show going on hiatus with a cliffhanger for a year or so before coming back with part II.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A> B> C1 superheros suck balls on the grounds that the mainstream ones are too big pussies to kill the bad guys ultimately aloeing them to kill more innocents.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A> B> C1 superheros suck balls on the grounds that the mainstream ones are too big pussies to kill the bad guys ultimately aloeing them to kill more innocents.

So says the person who has a B conditional vote. :smug:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
C1> B

As for the last vote, I thought D would be a casual walk to Manxing while trolling BJ not a dumbass sprint. What happened to the whole burial thing? I thought that was a major part of D.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Casual walk while trolling... Given how Bai Jiutian reacted to you even asking, that wouldn't have a half chance of working. You get stopped with a sword to your throat before you even get there at your slow walk, defeating the purpose of selecting the choice altogether. If trolling would make him not attack you, you wouldn't be in this situation - the risks of Bai continuing his attack were clearly stated.

And when Jing tries to do something in a choice, he's going to try to succeed, for better or for worse. He did make it past Bai and get close to Zhang, which was what he wanted.

Also, 'Buried' is an euphemism for 'making sure he's really, really dead'. Perhaps I should have put it in between quotation marks, but I already clarified it in a post on the same page:

You're going to try and kill him more thoroughly, risks of being distracted in a fight and all. Bai seems intent on burying Zhang later and attacking you now because he doesn't trust you not to run.

...actually, I have no idea how this post didn't tip you guys off that D wasn't some walk in the park.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom