Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
It's clear that no matter which option we take, BJ is screwed.

No one saved us when Jing was afflicted and we kinda thought BJ was an asshole for that, let's go with A to save her life and hope she doesn't impale us too badly later.

Esquilax

Arcane
Told you niggas he was holding back the reserve! :Absinthe:

And turns out there was another reserve anyway...

This went down to a stalemate, and that's even after we used our Wuxiang Qiangkun Skill. Things would have gone worse if we hadn't used it.

Not like we have much choice anyway unless we want her to die. Though maybe it would be wiser to let her perish. She knows our secrets, she is powerful enough to be a real pain, she may well hate us for 'saving' her, and if we hide the body no one will ever find BJ.

Still it would be a horrible way to go...

Not sure.

We have a sacred duty as Harem King that is far more important than even the keeping our legendary neigong secret. We need to be the Harem King that Miss Bai deserves, but not the one she needs right now. So she'll hunt Jing. Because he can take it.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Jing was prepared in body and spirit for that anyway, wasn't he?

But yeah, A is a stupid vote that goes against our priorities as established thus far. That said, I can't bring myself to vote B. It was one thing with Song where we had access to other treatment possibilities, but if we don't go for the traditional one then we're going to leave BJ to die, as she did with us. If this CYOA were revolving around BJ it'd be disappointing to go through so much only to be killed by that rat zhang and his lust powder.

Jing may be hated for this, but ultimately I think there should be much more for BJ beyond this.

Absinthe

Arcane
What the fuck. Bai Jiutian must have at least 14 agi to dodge the entire Wuying Leipo Kick.

May as well ask treave for that rationale on the possible skill boost now.

Voting A because at least the consequences should be interesting.

Baltika9

Arcane
Dude. Like with all women, BJ will fall in love with Jing no matter what. She will hunt us like Osama bin Laden after 9/11 because we belong to her now. Doubly so after we pleasure her "twin towers."

I'm a horrible person.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hang on a minute, could someone point me to the bit about the afro-dice that explains why self service won't work?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B

Time to take out a rival. Also, I'm glad Zhang Manxing survived. He will live again to once more teach us the valuable lesson that revenge is a fool's game.

He is the White Whale to our Captain Ahab.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, it's either that or death. I'd rather BJ live and love now that we found some common ground with her.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
So, just how bad was A2? Hohoho

Also, in before BJ is our destined true love from our previous time as an immortal.

Absinthe

Arcane
I dunno. To be honest there is a LOT of merit to just letting Bai Jiutian die here. It seems to be the smart option.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well we came all the way out here to form some sort of alliance. May as well see that through to the end in A. She might still be useful even if this does break her... but still...

Ah to hell with it, flopping to B. Now is the perfect chance to ensure we have one less enemy in the world. Not that it will matter much A should have this easily.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well the counterpoint is that if we pick A at least we can be sure Bai Jiutian will kill off that cockroach Zhang Manxing. Somehow that fucker is still going to make it for now. Lucky bastard just fell into a river that will probably carry him to safety.

I swear, Zhang Manxing is a demonstration in why a high Luck score is great with the caveat that treave would fucking kill us if we ever played like that, even with his Luck score. Depending on blind luck is mostly a privilege of NPCs.

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Well the counterpoint is that if we pick A at least we can be sure Bai Jiutian will kill off that cockroach Zhang Manxing. Somehow that fucker is still going to make it for now.
He's the Christian Devil. Morally reprehensible, and yet an enforcer of traditional morality by punishing impure actions in the Wuxia world with misfortune. He is simply a force of nature to be accepted as is. Instead of killing him, we should be meditating on our own impure motivations and living a more Orthodox lifestyle. No wrong will come to us if we let Zhang Manxing get away after one of his mischievous escapades.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It didn't save us, so why would it save BJ?

I don't presume to know the exact reasons behind it, but it is safe to say it won't work.

GreyViper

Prophet
Oh wow, not quite what I expected. But Zhang Manxing is turning out more like Jason from Friday the 13th so i say we find the body, cut it to pieces and send the to Greece.
A for awesome yet awkwardly confusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom