Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

TOME

Cuckmaster General
BB

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, we have 19 BB votes already... that was fast.
Baltika9
XenomorphII
Akkudakku
Nevill
Esquilax
Ifeex
Zero Credibility
Smashing Axe
Fangshi
Elfberserker
asxetos
Absinthe
Kashmir Slippers
Jester
Rex Feral
m4davis
Kz3r0
TOME
The Brazilian Slaughter
Kipeci said:
:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
She wants to go, let her. She's got to face dangerous situations in preparation for her grim responsibilities.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What is up with you trying to kill Qilin all the time? First with the Fire Cult, and now this... Who are you shipping Jing with?

*looks up the 'Beyond Tufan' vote*. Oh.

Tribute

Arbiter
I don't think it's necessary at this point, but I've got to vote BB as well.

I am curious how we would have fared had we picked Yunzi (and she certainly seems unhappy over not having been picked), but that seemed to go pretty well.

Kipeci

Arcane
What is up with you trying to kill Qilin all the time? First with the Fire Cult, and now this... Who are you shipping Jing with?

*looks up the 'Beyond Tufan' vote*. Oh.
:thumbsup:

Might want to look a little earlier than the Beyond Tufan vote, too. I just want to make a little room for all the royalty we've met...

Rex Feral

Prophet
I don't think it's necessary at this point, but I've got to vote BB as well.

I am curious how we would have fared had we picked Yunzi (and she certainly seems unhappy over not having been picked), but that seemed to go pretty well.

Actually that might be a good question for treave. treave what would have happened had we gone with Yunzi?

Absinthe

Arcane
I may as well ask: Why didn't Yifang opt to learn the Jueshi Wugong Sword Song? Her skill seems to be capped at 8 right now but she's focusing on swordsmanship.

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
Haha, I get it. Our charisma level determines how many waifus we have. Our harem is getting too large for our charisma level. So that's what we need to train next.
We're at 7 waifus with 7 charisma, but BJ now counts as .5 waifus. So we're starting to have moral problems.

L2vassalize, noobs. Make Armaiti Yunzi's harem girl, make Miss Song Yifang's, and make BJ Cao'ers. That will fix our morale problems, while avoiding the prestige penalty we would accrue from Zhang Jue if we had fewer than four chicks at any given time.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
AB

They have two nice swords to replace the one they so callously broke (but mostly just to be contrary).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Actually that might be a good question for treave. treave what would have happened had we gone with Yunzi?

You defeat the technique with twue wuv. :M

I may as well ask: Why didn't Yifang opt to learn the Jueshi Wugong Sword Song? Her skill seems to be capped at 8 right now but she's focusing on swordsmanship.

It actually doesn't mesh well with the way she approaches her teachings. It'll take some time for her to open up and understand it.

Absinthe

Arcane
You defeat the technique with twue wuv. :M
What about Qilin? Would she just have left without telling us anything?

And speaking of Qilin, since she's worrying about being useful enough, this seems like a good opportunity try to learn a bit of Traps skill. We've been meaning to pick it up forever (to help with sneaking around) but somehow we kept passing it up for other priorities. Any chance of starting lessons for a rank or something?

Yunzi, I'm so sorry. I was lead astray. I turned back, but it was too late.
No worries, 1B will give us more opportunities.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What about Qilin? Would she just have left without telling us anything?

No, she wouldn't leave without a word, but the option wouldn't have popped up if you picked her for the pair fight. She's actually a bit insecure despite her outgoing personality and confidence, (See: Chapter 2.48, 2.57, 3.2, among others) and this sort of vulnerability might pop up from time to time as she may feel pressured to retain the spot of number one.

At this point I don't think there's enough in-game time for traps to be progressed enough to be useful, so it probably won't be offered. But we'll see. Could stumble upon some super trapping manual or something.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Maybe a bed of venomous snake hatchlings? They are like kittens for master poisoners.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Templefront

The trip towards Luoyang passes uneventfully. Zuo Qingfeng, citing his injuries as a reason, will stay away until he has recovered, trying to buy more time while you send a message to Chief Jiang, informing him of the current situation. The number of Xuxian’s pursuers have gradually dwindled too, as his arrival at Shaolin Temple becomes more and more inevitable with each passing day.

Qilin, on the other hand, is behaving as she usually does; she has not mentioned the offer to spy on her mother again since you rejected that suggestion. What happened next pleased her in more ways than one… and caused no end of red faces amongst the rest of the group the next morning. The inn’s room had really thin walls.

You had been holding back thus far on your journey to avoid this sort of awkwardness, but some things just had to happen, sooner or later.

As you travel past fields and rivers, you notice constant building works occurring throughout the land. Apparently, the minor droughts that started during the previous Emperor’s time had only become worse, and the astrologers had no explanation for this phenomenon; surely it was unthinkable that the new Emperor – and by virtue of the way of succession, the entire dynasty – had already lost Heaven’s favour? Shun had not been idle, however, and with Xiahou Yu’s help he had quickly devised an irrigation and farming system that would alleviate the problems for the farmers throughout the country. According to the commoners that you conversed with along the way, the efforts of the past year were already bearing fruit. The people were optimistic that Shun’s rule would reverse the flagging fortunes of the empire thus far and bring them back into a golden age.

You catch up with Xuxian on the outskirts of Luoyang. Upon seeing you, his first instinct was to turn and run, but you managed to waylay him long enough to talk to him, and convince him that you bear him no ill will.

“My master bid me return here to receive my punishment,” explains Xuxian, his head bowed. “It was wrong of me to sneak a peek at those pages, let alone learn its technique without permission. Panicking and injuring the Abbot while trying to escape my punishment was an even greater sin.”

“How did you even come by it in the first place?”

“I… found it. There was a hidden inscription under the kitchen stoves, covered by the soot. I discovered it one day while cleaning, and realized that it was a hint as to where the pages were hidden. Unable to contain my curiosity, I tracked them down and began learning from them in secret. I was eventually found out when I accidentally exerted a bit of my power during a sparring session and injured a fellow monk.”

“They didn’t take kindly to that, did they?” The temple was known to be very strict when it came to martial arts, and you can’t imagine that has changed for the better since Fangzhang’s death.

“No, they didn’t. Abbot Fangci took the pages and burnt them, saying that they should not be practiced at all. They then tried to capture me, but I was so fearful for my life that I punched the Abbot in the face and ran off.” Xuxian looks so despondent and regretful that you pat him on the shoulder.

“Well, we’ll see what can be done. I have a bit of business with Shaolin myself,” you say, which is perhaps partially true, “and I’ll go with you into the temple.”

“Thank you, Young Master Xu!” exclaims Xuxian with genuine gratitude. “I was very nervous about going in alone, so your offer is very much appreciated!”

You wonder how the monks are going to deal with him…

The gates of Shaolin are not very grand, but it encompasses a large plot of land that dwarfs any of the other Eight Sects. The temple has traditionally established good relations with the imperial court, and that still remains despite the respective changes in leadership over the years. It is an institution that is not wanting for resources. You look up at the stone placard proudly proclaiming Shaolin’s name, and then at the disciples at the gates eyeing your presence warily.

Of course, women are not allowed on the temple grounds.

A. You have the girls wait for you outside the temple while you enter with Xuxian. If, on the off chance, there is any problem at all with this visit, they will know from the shouts and screams coming from within the gates anyway.

B. You have disguised the girls beforehand as boys – you’ll just bring them in with you. The monks will be infuriated if they find out about your deception, but you are not here to please them. You think they will be of help if you keep them closer at hand.

C. You push your way past the gates with the girls in tow. There is no need to be subtle here – the rules about not allowing women are generally exempted for their fellow orthodox pugilists when they visit, and you do not think you should be afforded any less courtesy.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Depends on what we wish to do here. Personally, I'd like to take this chance to build relationships with Shaolin, so I'm willing to play by their rules. A

Akkudakku

Arbiter
B>C - we are unorthodox as it is, fuck courtesy!

Also isn't the guy in helm of Shaolin a cronie of Master Nie?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
C, anyone that doubts their martial credentials can feel free to test them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom