Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Posting current tally here, so I don't have to constantly search it every time someone votes or flops.

Votes...Somebody better to double check this thing. I don't trust myself to think I counted right.

Current Tally:

Eryfkrad A V VI

Asxetos A VI VIII

AkkuDakku A X>VII XI>IV

Jester A VIII VII

Tropic A V X>XI

Azira A X XI

Baltika9 A VI VII>V

Chumbucket A V VIII

Elfberserker A V>VII VI

Nevill A V>VIII, VI

Kz3r0 A X XI

Ifeek - X XI

Ganymede A IV VII

Kipeci A X XI

Tigranes - VI XI

Absinthe A X XI

Esquilax A VI VII

XenomorphII A VII IX

Tome A, V XI>X.

Fangshi A VI VIII

Kashim Slippers A IV VIII

Rex Feral A X XI

Current tally

A: 20
-: 2

IV: 2 (3) You learn the Liushen Shanshen Great Skill (六聖善神大法, Spenta Ormazd Great Skill),
V: 6 (conditional 7) V. You learn the Dingdi Step (定地步, Earth-Stabilizing Step)
VI: 8 VI. You learn the Xiongshi Violent Roar (雄狮暴吼, Manly Lion’s Violent Roar)
VII: 5 (7) VII. Zhang Jue’s Jinshe Baojun Fiery Eye (金蛇暴君火眼, Fiery Eye of the Serpent Tyrant),

VIII: 5 (conditional 6 ) VIII. You learn the Taiji Fist and Taiji Sword
IX: 1 IX Yiyang Finger (一陽指, One Yang Finger)
X: 8 (conditional 9) X. You meditate on Wuxiang Qiankun,
XI: 9 ( 10) XI. You meditate on Wuxiang Qiankun with Xuezi’s help,

Last edited:

ChumBucket

Augur
You are did not put the vote for IV in the totals and VIII should be at 5(7).

* Which really pains me because I want to see VIII picked.

Baltika9

Arcane
I like the attention the other techs are getting right now, instead of the same old WQS. Yeah, Digdi Step is a pretty cool move (Personally, my third choice here would be our Temple's characteristic fiery neigong), but I feel we ought to capitalize on Master Zhang's presence while we can. The Eye Laz0r isn't just a nice trick up our sleeve that no on will be expecting (imagine the "Surprise, motherfucker!" factor), it also gives a PER bonus:
VII. You attempt to pick up Zhang Jue’s Jinshe Baojun Fiery Eye (金蛇暴君火眼, Fiery Eye of the Serpent Tyrant), an advanced technique that enhances perception and allows the practitioner to project qi from his eyes to immobilize or damage his opponent.
Which is a pretty nice bonus, all things considered.

Bruce Lee type skill is always cool. Don't block, don't dodge hit them when they are weakest: in the middle of their own attack. Might combo well with WQS as skills we copy might have inherent weaknesses this would be able to exploit.
Kinda disagree here, Jing isn't really the Taiji type of fighter, more like the hard Shaolin type. If we want a sword technique, then we absolutely must grab the Qingcheng Stab to increase our Legendary Sword tech for the conference.

tropic

Scholar
Disagreeing with you Baltika - Jing must rely more on speed and agility than endurance.

I'm actually pretty close to taking Lion's Roar over Taiji style because I want to roar at the same time as Zhang Jue and shut down everyone in a 10 mile radius.

Baltika9

Arcane
Disagreeing with you Baltika - Jing must rely more on speed and agility than endurance.
Agility and strength, actually. That's what our personal fighting style is like: fast and furious rip and tear, not the outlast and outthink style of Wudang.

tropic

Scholar
I like Taiji because we seem to handle crowds pretty well already but we struggle against high-defense single opponents like Armaiti and the Abbot.

The Taiji/ Dingdi combo + Qi leech gives us the ability to outlast bigtime opponents we can't WQS.

Edit: Then again we are still going to struggle with Orthodox opponents and very large crowds, but I'm thinking the Lion's Roar isn't going to work on a Great Pugilist level.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Having thought it over, I'll flop to VI, VII>V. I really don't want to invest in studying a whole different mentality of fighting, and the Dingdong Step seems like just the thing for an agile fighter like us. If Laz0r Eyes don't come through, I'd rather we shore up our defenses with the best stuff we can get our hands on.
Plus I think we ought to start learning stuff from our Ameshas. Lord of the Temple that doesn't even know his own Temple's techniques. Pffft.

ChumBucket

Augur
My countnter is this: when in order mode of Luanshi Wuchangdao we are in a highly taiji state, and we must use that for WQS. Hence my belief in compatibility.

Absinthe

Arcane
True, our order mode neigong is what most Wudang masters obtain after many years of dedicated training.

However, I'm still of the opinion that our best bet is to maximize Wuxiang Qiankun now and then instantly master everything later.

Treave, I have a few questions: What are the differences between Jing's approach and Xuezi approach for Wuxiang Qiankun? If we get both Wuxiang Qiankun upgrades right now, do we get Rank 3 Wuxiang Qiankun?

Baltika9

Arcane
My countnter is this: when in order mode of Luanshi Wuchangdao we are in a highly taiji state, and we must use that for WQS. Hence my belief in compatibility.
Minus the monstrous END and qi leeching. Not to mention our Order Mode is, well, impermanent and can't be active long enough for us to turn a match into pure Taiji. Basically, my point is that Jing goes hard, fast and cunning, not long, patient and enduring. Dingdi Step is just a better fit for us:
V. You learn the Dingdi Step (定地步, Earth-Stabilizing Step) from Armaiti, a technique that allows you to remain in an extremely stable, grounded stance while not losing an ounce of your usual speed. It will increase your defensive ability greatly when employed.
Massive defense with no sacrifice of agility? Definitely our stuff.

Jester

Arbiter
Flop to

V. You learn the Dingdi Step (定地步, Earth-Stabilizing Step)
VI. You learn the Xiongshi Violent Roar (雄狮暴吼, Manly Lion’s Violent Roar)

Akkudakku

Arbiter
BROs now a totaly baseless question for you. What will happen when we level WQS OVER tier 6? What more is there to it than just learning all martial knowledge we see? Do we become one with the flow of qi in the world becoming the first Jedi? Do we become GOD?

Baltika9

Arcane
Our dong becomes a lightsaber and we depart to heaven because we're too OP to live.

Jester

Arbiter
BROs now a totaly baseless question for you. What will happen when we level WQS OVER tier 6? What more is there to it than just learning all martial knowledge we see? Do we become one with the flow of qi in the world becoming the first Jedi? Do we become GOD?
Zhang Jue tells us we are ready to face him in serious match.

ChumBucket

Augur
I got the impression from many of treave's updates we interchange the two states as needed, as in an almost Wuji/Tainji type fashion. We might only need to be in order mode long enough to analyze the attack, then slip back in to chaos mode to exploit it. Instincts go a long way towards making you a great fighter, but to reach the next level you must also hone you mind and ability to strategize.

Baltika9

Arcane
We might only need to be in order mode long enough to analyze the attack, then slip back in to chaos mode to exploit it.
We already do that with WQS, which gives us exact insight into a technique. Picking up Taiji just for that is a waste of opportunity, in my opinion. A better choice would be the Yuchang Tech bonus from Yifang, or the Dingdi Step for excellent defense.

tropic

Scholar
Ok, Baltika convinced me - flopping to

V - Dingdi step
X > XI - either of the WQS options

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom