Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
The fuck?

Codex seem to be losing it every time I take a nap.

Anyway. No goat doctor. No dog adjutant. I will see Xu Jing's story brought to a satisfying end even if I have to hack into treave's account and write it myself (or hack all the voters accounts, YOLO).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

No. :rpgcodex:
Don't you think treave will want to have a say in this? I just don't see us starting over, no matter what. This story is coming to its conclusion, with the Tiger Adjutant as the protagonist. Talking about other combinations in another playthrough is simply silly. :rpgcodex:
Well, so far Jing has come within a hair's breadth of death two times in the past few updates due to Codex idiocy. First time was when certain folks got a hardon for the prince and decided they wanted Cao'er to save him. Both of us would have been run through with a spear. Second time was with Ahura - though most of us picked the right option there.

My point, other than the fact that Baltika championed both choices and should therefore be regarded with suspicion, is that treave seems more than willing to kill Jing off lately. Maybe he's tired of this lp or just tired of the character, but not having an epic conclusion doesn't seem to bother him. And now with Esquilax's prodding, Jing's life is in even more danger - hence why the 'dex is planning the re-roll already. Lame times, bro. :/

Absinthe

Arcane
Azira, we're not exactly talking behind treave's back. He can say something if he wants. As for do-overs, there are still a lot of amusing and tempting possibilities so there is a bunch of appeal to trying out uncharted paths so excuse us for talking about possibilities. Plus we somehow seem to be edging towards death a lot lately. Anyway, if we die now, I will be rather disappointed.

Also, speaking of Bai, is Bai Jiutian the rogue? Agile, charismatic, two-faced, talented, roughly around our age? That would make a lot of sense, come to think of it.

I think treave is setting us up for reincarnation. That valentine's day interlude and the enlightenment scene in the flame would seem to suggest it...

It ain't right though. We've come too far not to take out Bai and his master.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It ain't right though. We've come too far not to take out Bai and his master.
You have no idea where BJ stands in all of this, though. One would think that if BJ is two-faced, him being on the good side of Master Nie isn't good for the latter's health.

We know very little of him. There is still a chance we might become unwilling allies in the events to come.

I don't care whether he was blissfully unaware of his master's plan to take over the pugilistic world or if he was the real mastermind behind it. For all his talk of honor, he seemed more than willing to murder us while we were wounded after the battle. He's a straight up sneaky bastard. If we make the mistake of actually trusting him, Jing WILL die.

That alone is reason enough to kill him. Well, and plus I want to take him down just for the challenge of it...

Rex Feral

Prophet
We already had become unwilling allies with him in a parallel universe where we visited Youxia City.

Anyway, if anyone here does not like Xu Jing and wishes him a timely death, then GTFO and join Dirge, where both the character and the thread seem to be dead or dying at any given time.

Though lately root seems to be trying to give Dirge a cardiac resuscitation, so an update might be coming. In a couple of months.

We already had become unwilling allies with him in a parallel universe where we visited Youxia City.
True, but we never really got to know him in that reality either and we were working in his interests by looking for the manual and sword. Who knows what could have happened down the line?

Nevill

Arcane
Yes - and he bailed us out.
BJ does have an agenda, but we have no clue what it is. The only thing we know or at least suspect is that he is not fond of his master, and likes Song Lingshu. That is actually encouraging.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I thought were we mostly joking about new character creation, because appearently it's bit infamous here.

Be glad that we aren't suggesting to re-roll back to Souther maniaca training pt2:troll:

Yes - and he bailed us out.
When was this again?
BJ does have an agenda, but we have no clue what it is.
True. But he's a challenging opponent, technically a rival, might be an enemy, was about to attack us when we were injured, kind of an asshole, fun to troll, and this is a martial arts lp, so I want to take him down. :M

Nevill

Arcane
When was this again?
In the alternate universe where we didn't go full retard and invited him on a mission.
And in another one where we still did go full retard and took everyone and their mother with us and got trapped by Gao Ying.

True. But he's a challenging opponent, technically a rival, might be an enemy, was about to attack us when we were injured, kind of an asshole, fun to troll, and this is a martial arts lp, so I want to take him down.
For a second there I thought you were talking about Vahista. :P
Turned out differently, didn't it?

When was this again?
In the alternate universe where we didn't go full retard and invited him on a mission.
And in another one where we still did go full retard and took everyone and their mother with us and got trapped by Gao Ying.
Yes, "bailed us out". Heh, though in those alternate universes (none of which we actually chose, right?), we were actually battling someone who shouldn't be our enemy. So, you could almost say he was willing to help us fight our allies. Not that I want to split hairs and get all conspiratorial in thinking he knew who Gao was or anything.

Seriously though, being willing to fight along side us TO GET WHAT HE WANTED, isn't really much of a bro-ness indicator.
True. But he's a challenging opponent, technically a rival, might be an enemy, was about to attack us when we were injured, kind of an asshole, fun to troll, and this is a martial arts lp, so I want to take him down.
For a second there I thought you were talking about Vahista. :P
He's too drunk to be of any real threat. :M

edit:
Turned out differently, didn't it?
Um, we never saw any ambition or two-facedness from Vahista, so not valid.

Nevill

Arcane
Seriously though, being willing to fight along side us TO GET WHAT HE WANTED, isn't really much of a bro-ness indicator.
Which part of 'unwilling allies' spells BRO?
If he wants to take out Wuxung more than us, that would be enough for me. We are extremely low on powerful allies since the Frathouse was taken down, if you haven't noticed that already.

He's too drunk to be of any real threat.
Well, up until we became his Lord, he fit your description to a T. Except for the 'rival' part - he was only a cockblocker.

Which part of 'unwilling allies' spells BRO?
If he wants to take out Wuxung more than us, that would be enough for me. We are extremely low on allies since the Frathouse was taken down, if you haven't noticed that already.
I am reminded of the tale of the scorpion and the frog fsr. Assholes always betray.
He's too drunk to be of any real threat.
Well, up until we became his Lord, he fit your description to a T. Except for the 'rival' part - he was only a cockblocker.
Not an asshole either. Never tried to kill us when we were injured after seeking an honorable duel in public - meaning that he only wants to give the appearance of being honorable and is fine with murdering us, so long as it doesn't tarnish his rep. Again, no air of selfish ambition or two-facedness.

edit: I'd be happy if we found out some awesome backstory on him and he turned out to be useful - breifly trustworthy, but I really doubt it and I'd love to kick his ass. I never said that about Vahista and I don't think anyone did. Bai is just the kind of guy you want to kill, just to say you did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane

Rex Feral

Prophet
Thinking back at the times when we kidnapped the emperor and got attacked by Yang Xue in those caverns.

Well, treave stated that Yang Xue was in his own tier, more powerful than Wang or Ahura at that time. And Gao Ying managed to stand his ground pretty well against him, even coming close to a kill or at least scoring a hit against him (though we helped, else he would have gotten killed). I'd say that's pretty badass of him, I wonder how he ranks against known pugilists.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, we received that one because it was about to lose its metagaming usefulness.

We'll have to fight people to gauge their strenghts now.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Tier Four
Gao Ying, Yifang, Hei Brothers
Murong Yandi, Liu Chanfeng
Xu Jing, Yunzi, Guo Fu
Su Liaojing, Yiling, Song Lingshu
Wu Brothers, Shaolin Xu Monks

So judging by that list Gao Ying was inferior only to Bai Jiutan, the sect masters and the Amesha Spenta. I presume the list has them ordered them from high to low.

I'd love to hear his backstory some time. Wonder how he got so good without being part of a sect.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
So judging by that list Gao Ying was inferior only to Bai Jiutan, the sect masters and the Amesha Spenta. I presume the list has them ordered them from high to low.

I'd love to hear his backstory some time. Wonder how he got so good without being part of a sect.
Its the power of getting your balls cut off :lol:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Sacrificing his own manliness only to become...more manly. :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom