Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    70+ updates, 3000 posts, 3 months, and we're still nowhere near the invention of the horse collar. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We could do this: after we finish Marduk, and if we're still in tip-top shape, sneak past the battle, letting Ares handle Shamash, to Zeus' palace. There, we let Edem take center stage,trash talk them for a bit, get their attention, while we go and kill Hera. After that it's two on one.

Yes, I think so too.

Either this LP will be abandoned, orr take a few years. I hope it's the latter.

Edit: treave, there is one thing I don't quite understand. The military tactics Ean introduced in chapter two were Roman Legion tactics or Phalanx tactics?

^ Top  
  3. Kukulkan Learned

Kukulkan
    Employ larger time skips and haver small intermissions during the time skips. It's a good opportunity to let us try out control of different immortals in different areas of the world. Pick more isolated places such as the Far East, Sub-saharan Africa, and the Americas so as to not have to worry about their effect on Ean's actions.

^ Top  
  4. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Ok I made some (I think reasonable) assumptions about Ean and the lightning in my last post, but let's go to the source.

treave, how confident is Ean in redirecting the lightning onto Marduk? Does he think he can avoid being collateral damage?

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He's confident he can exert some kind of control over it. It shouldn't really hurt him or Edem at any rate.

^ Top  
  6. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    That settles it for me anyway. D

^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, we could use this to create pockets of anti-Masters insurgency in every corner of the world. That would definitely be helpful.

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    D is the winner.

Chapter 5.19: Thunderstruck

The pressure in the air builds as the storm gathers power. Far off in the skies above, the tell-tale shine of Zeus's impending attack appears in the clouds.

One.

Marduk's attention is focused on the storm. You swing Anbar-Shi aloft, calling upon the piece of Vajra.

Two.

The wrappings of the sword unravel as they burn up in flames, the blade itself shining a brilliant blue. The lightning is halfway down the sky when you call it.

Three.

It answers.

From the distance, it forks across the storm clouds and arcs towards Marduk, a burning streak of death that even he can't escape. Your aim is dead-on; the lightning concentrated. A metallic smell fills the air as the bolt hits Marduk squarely in the chest and anchors him to the ground with uncountable amounts of energy. Not a second later, his body combusts. He does not even have the time to scream out, but you hear his psychic shriek as clearly as if he had. The lightning peters out soon enough, its energies exhausted, and you lower Anbar-Shi.

Wait. Be careful. There's something from him.

Edem gestures at you to move back. Suddenly, Marduk's charred remains, still smouldering, screams and clutches at his chest, his fingers sinking past his molten breastplate. He gets to his knees. From within you could see the same shade of blue that accompanied Vajra. It looks like his piece had somehow stopped him from being utterly destroyed, perhaps by absorbing part of the lightning's power.

"Edem, get him now!"

You raise Anbar-Shi again and run forth to finish Marduk off. With a grunt, Edem focuses and stretches out Marduk's limbs, keeping him restrained. The fallen god growls, unable to form words in his pain, but you sense the depths of his anger and hatred at this sudden betrayal. As you raise your sword to destroy his core, there is a sudden flash of light. You feel yourself tossed aside. Landing on the ground, you roll and get to your feet almost instantly.

What meets your sight is an aged man in a toga, standing tall in front of Marduk. He plunges his hand deep into Marduk's chest with no warning. When he retracts it, the piece of Vajra that had been inside Marduk is in his black-stained hand. Marduk's head lolls, and the old man throws him to the floor contemptuously. He turns his head to look at you. His face was strong, lined and adorned with a great beard of pure white, and his eyes blazed with electricity. When he spoke, his voice was deep, as befitting that of the father of the Greek gods.

"You are... hm, this is interesting. We had thought number 1337 Gil to be lost to us, but here stands the host before me, and with a piece of Vajra in hand. This is very interesting."

You stay on guard.

"It was a good measure of luck on my part that you used your piece when you did, as it appears that the previous strike would have been wasted on a fake. Imagine my surprise when I felt someone else utilize its power. For a moment we thought the Gieloth had succeeded in unlocking the secrets of its use. Well, no matter. You have what belongs to us. We would like it back."

A. You attempt to talk to Zeus. He is not openly hostile towards you for now, and a proper diplomatic solution might still be reached. Surely you and Edem together pose enough of a threat for him to consider negotiations instead of force.

B. You flee immediately. You cannot risk your piece of Vajra falling into Zeus's hands and allowing him to complete the weapon. You don't know what their true intentions are for your world, and you're not about to let them show you.

C. You fight Zeus. You have a piece of Vajra and Edem by your side, and Zeus had apparently exhausted the last of his lightning just now. Even if he has two pieces of Vajra, you should be able to take him down and complete Vajra for yourself.

D. Feel free to suggest any other course of action.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    D. Ean commanded Anbar-Shi to devour his piece of Vajra, rendering the weapon useless and thus prevent the masters from coming back to this world for some time. This will piss off Zeus....

The logic behind this is to weaken the 2 piece of Vajra Zeus already has in his possession; it will do no good for us to hold it because personally I doubt that we are able to control it again now that Zeus is very close to us...

EDIT: Might not be feasible due to treave 's comment; will be modified necessarily

^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    If it were made of organic material it'd be easy for you, but eating weird sky-metal alloys is still a no-go for now, sorry. You can only conduct its powers with Anbar-Shi because the sword is you.

^ Top  
  11. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    How about melting it / crushing it? The point is to render it useless. It is possible?

Or maybe, do it just like what we did to the Sceptre; pretend to take it out, then break it, stomp on it, etc. But it will be difficult coz it's metal

^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The Sceptre was designed merely to be a conduit and got picked up and worshipped by the primitive Egyptians way back when, while Vajra was designed as a weapon. Their durability is... different. As of right now there's no force on Earth that can destroy Vajra sufficiently enough to overcome its innate regenerative powers, but you could probably put it out of enemy hands by dropping it into a volcano.

Remember, your Honourblade is patterned after it:
    Show Spoiler
    Basically it is linked to the Masters, and at full strength will possess minor aspects of all their powers/increase that of any immortal/Master that wields is, just like how Anbar-Shi is linked to you, except the link of Vajra is tenuous nowadays that the Gieloth have separated the connection, making it much weaker than it could be.

It took a few centuries for the Gieloth to succeed in splitting up the thing after they captured it, and even then they lost track of two of the pieces due to immortal intervention.

^ Top  
  13. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    They managed to get their hands on a complete version yet unable to use it? This proves that we can use it just fine...
    Then it will be either B or C, A will only result in Zeus summoning the other loyal immortals to rescue him if negotiation breaks down, and what good will it bring if we can't keep our piece of Vajra? Personally leaning towards C

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Interfacing issues.

edit: You could shape your sword into a javelin and hurl it away together with the Vajra piece really really hard in the general direction of the sea with your super strength. Since Anbar-Shi is you, you can probably find it again without too much trouble.

^ Top  
  15. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    I wonder whether we'll win the duel in that case...

Maybe a better suggestion would be

D. Throw Anbar-Shi to Zeus. By doing that you attempt to hijack Zeus's Vajra pieces and scramble Zeus's mind at the same time; the attraction force of the Vajra pieces combined with your superhuman strength would be enough to justify the speed and trajectory of Anbar-Shi. You are your sword after all... placing your sword at his body is all it takes to launch a psychic attack. However, what kind of future awaits you if you fails to disable him?

How about that treave ?

1337[GIL] ? Gilgamesh? :incline:

EDIT: Attraction force MIGHT NOT play a major role in determining the speed & trajectory of Anbar-Shi

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    First things first
    :yeah:

treave: Are we getting anything from Edem? Distress, confidence, panic, hatred, trepidation, anything at all? Any messages, does he know what our chances are? Also, does he look anything like Naram, Sumeria or Egypt?
    I'm thinking if Zeus could beat Zeus and Ean could beat Marduk, we're good against him. We have Ares coming up in our rear(thankfully we have someone on lookout, hopefully he doesn't decide he wants some tail before the fight) and Hera sitting somewhere in Olympus. This guy can also friggin' teleport.

What I am sure of is this: if we choose to negotiate, we will be eventually forced into giving up all our Gieloth contacts, so forget about Edem and Sekhenun(who, despite being all secretive is actually the only consistent bro/bro-ette we ever had, and I don't roll that way) and rebelling against the masters. If we negotiate, he doesn't have to beat us, he just has to wait until Ares comes up the mountain and Hera comes down. Then we're screwed, Edem or no.

Edit:
    :love:
    Oh, treave, you really shouldn't have.

Edit2: Bros, we have an extremely small window of opportunity here, so let's make it count.
    It also seems to me that running is futile, because, you know, friggin' teleportation and all.
    I'm liking newcomer's idea so far, however risky it is. And if we miss, or he just teleports out of the way...hoo boy, let's hope Ean can grab it fast enough with his telekinesis before Zeus does. Then we're screwed.

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Edem is a blank slate to you, you can't read him unless he allows you to. He's a powerful psychic, much more so than you. He would probably help out against Zeus though, seeing as he is still a Gieloth and they do fucking hate them uppity masters. Throwing Anbar-Shi at Zeus... could work. If the first strike doesn't kill him you just gave him all the pieces though.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So if that fails, could we say something like "I, uh, meant to give them all to you... so, we're...we cool, right? Right?" and have it actually work?
    Seriously though, bros, if we enter negotiations, it ends one of two ways: we become the Masters' bottom bitch again or we die. Zeus doesn't seem the kind of guy who fucks around and leaves the job half done.

^ Top  
  19. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Then maybe it's too risky after all... Just put my vote as C first unless other people are confident enough with my plan... Or any other suggestions out there? Esquilax CappenVarra ?

:troll:

Cannot agree better than this. Choice A basically seals our fate... and choice B as well thx to all the teleporting (and maybe secret ability of tracking down Vajra pieces?)...

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave: say we go along with newcomer's plan. How many seconds will it take Ean to actually shapeshift his weapon, take aim and hurl it. How close is our target, how long will the spear travel given Ean's strength and the magnetic attraction between the pieces? And if we decide to send a telepathic message to Edem will Zeus hear it as well?
    And is Ares near us?
    Edit: Also, are we still faking our presence? Human or Immortal?

^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Don't count on the attraction to do too much. You can probably hit him if Edem is able to bind him with TK and Zeus doesn't do anything out of the ordinary (you don't have enough power to do that to Zeus yourself and attack at the same time).

Presence is human. But Zeus being Zeus, can tell. Your disguise is not perfect.

edit: You could reach him with a strong lunge.

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    How far away from us is he standing? Is he withing striking distance?

Modified newcomer's D: We shoot Edem a message saying something like "Trust me and be ready." We kneel in place and wait for him to acknowledge it and relax Then we signal Edem and pierce the fucker.

Like this, and we pray that we end up better.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    What about the toxin that Sekhenun gave us? treave, would it take too long for us to dip our sword in it? At the moment, he thinks that we are your typical Master-loving immortal. I think this presents a few interesting opportunities.

^ Top  
  24. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    Uh oh. Well, one down - farewell sweet Marduk, you were an ass of an imposter and a horrible ruler, hopefully the afterlife will give you the opportunity to meditate on your failures.

We don't want Zeus to reassemble the Ultimate Weapon of Masterdom. Hell, we don't want to assemble it ourselves until we have an idea what will happen - we want to tap its power, but without giving the Masters an open channel to Earth. Repeat - Vajra should not be reassembled today. We should grab the pieces, go back to Babylon, consult with Sehk, facilitate communications with Itani, keep Summeria and Egypt in good shape, vaporize Shulgi and Naram and piss on their combined ashes, etc.

But first, we must EAT ZEUS. So, C, but without pressing the "speed dial the nearest Master and activate a homing beacon on our ass" button of awesome. Hera doesn't concern us, Ares should be trolled again and left in Greece looking for us while we're chilling in Babylon, etc. If that's possible at all :lol:

Also, if Ean is Gilgamesh... Who is the Neanderthal Enkindu we stole all our achievements from? /Cleve

Awesomeness :love:

^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'm sure Naram whined to them all about our betrayal. I mean, come on. He's their cocksleeve, and I'm very sure that he didn't just break free.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.