Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The choices seem to be:
A - Go to a new world.
B - Stay on earth (If we survive.)
C - Game Over.

My vote is B - Run. Like. Hell.
If B doesn't have the votes then A. We had a chance when we had Edem, Marduk, and the element of surprise, but now that he knows what we are we won't be able to get the drop on him - especially with Ares on our tail.

newcomer

Learned
Oh, one more thing treave

The exile offer... do it has a few wriggle room, I mean sth like "Can I bring one / two person / Gieloth / Whatever with me"?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Oh, one more thing treave

The exile offer... do it has a few wriggle room, I mean sth like "Can I bring one / two person / Gieloth / Whatever with me"?
Good idea. Though I imagine Sek might be just a little bit pissed at us for dragging her along...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zeus isn't going to risk delaying your exile. If you pick A, what happens is that you give him the last piece, he uses Vajra's power of WISDOM!, and off you go. If you can provide a persuasive explanation for why you should be allowed to bring a person, however...

Your choices became very limited when you used that piece of Vajra:
a) nearby Zeus, who can be said to have mastered the use of it
b) on a storm of his own creation

It would've been possible to get the drop on him had you chosen to take out Marduk the hard way or tried to sneak all the way in to kill him first, though. Unfortunately this Zeus is the sort to take opportunity where it presents itself, and he's wise enough to not let his guard down too much. Cautious to a fault - hence the whole retreating to Olympus and not showing himself - when opportunity doesn't appear, but if it does he'll grab it as fast as he can.

edit: Yes, if you attacked Zeus immediately you would have given Marduk the distraction he needed.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh god damn it. I should have known he wouldn't have been so stupid as to let Marduk lay alive behind him. In retrospect C seems to have been the best option.

Agh. I'll need to ponder this more, I sadly suspect that we won't have a hope now that he's completed Vajira, but it really irks me to flee at this interval. I'll wait a while before voting.

Nevermind, re-read. So we still have a piece of Vajira, Zeus has exhausted himself slightly more by attacking Marduk, but Eden has fled, and may return if we are lucky. If we aren't lucky, Zeus' allies will soon come to back him up. Really regret pissing off Ares.

I just, I just can't let us flee without a fight. It's unmanly to be intimidated so easily, when we're at the peak of our game. Zeus doesn't know about our hunger or shared Gieloth physiology, which may come to our advantage. Also, we still have the immortal poison on us, which could give us the edge we need. We can't run, we'll never see this bastard as weak as he currently is.

Death before retreat

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just a bit of a hint.

Wikipedia said:
Vajra is a Sanskrit word meaning both thunderbolt and diamond. As a material device, the vajra is a ritual object, a short metal weapon that originates from India and has the symbolic nature of a diamond (it can cut any substance but not be cut itself) and that of the thunderbolt (irresistible force).

The five pronged vajra (with four makaras, plus a central prong) is the most commonly seen vajra. There is an elaborate system of correspondences between the five elements of the noumenal side of the vajra, and the phenomenal side. One important correspondence is between the five "poisons" with the five wisdoms. The five poisons are the mental states that obscure the original purity of a being's mind, while the five wisdoms are the five most important aspects of the enlightened mind. Each of the five wisdoms is also associated with a Buddha figure.

desire/wisdom of individuality, anger/mirror-like wisdom, delusion/reality wisdom, pride/wisdom of equanimity, envy/all-accomplishing wisdom.

newcomer

Learned
Then let's bring Sekhenum, reason is that I don't want to lose all those hard-earned Sekhenum Points :troll:

Tigranes

Arcane
Wonderful, some random cunts that threw in 'A' in the pot fuck us over even though we have 6 votes for D/E. : x

If we were going to attack Zeus we should have done it before Marduk got raped, and now who knows where Ares & Edem are.

Still think we should try B or even C, exile sounds retarded and we're giving up everything we've done so far.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh boy, I messed up. I didn't count Storyfag's vote because he:

That'd be my preffered vote.

for D and I skimmed through.

Apologies. It's actually a tie between A and D.

Uh, right, in the future, bold the votes, and the votes only, in the post which you want counted. Continuing to bold the choices in subsequent posts where you explain why you pick those choices is a very mean thing to do to a confused mind. :( Unbold all the other stuff, or use BIG RED TEXT if you want?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
What's D again? Throwing the sword or something, right? Err... Damn, I'd flip from C if you want to rewrite, but hey. They both sound like really bad options now to me. So... Ah. Give me a sec to reread D.

Oh, there were at least two votes for C, btw treave. I may not have made my vote clear enough however.

Edit: Yeah, okay, reread D, it's basically just C except with theatrics. I'd flip to that, but I doubt you want to rewrite it again. If you do, then I'm all for it!

newcomer

Learned
People do mess up sometimes... But it's up to you whether you want to rewrite that...

Basically D and E are C with some theatrics & additional cunning ideas...

And my vote on the previous vote is E

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We could put it up to another vote. I bow to the wishes of the majority.

edit: Be reminded that pretending to talk first means that Zeus is going to try to kill Marduk before he listens to anything else you have to say, unless you give him an opportunity he can't resist.

edit2: We can redo the previous round voting I guess. Now that people know what A leads to.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Uh, right, in the future, bold the votes, and the votes only, in the post which you want counted. Continuing to bold the choices in subsequent posts where you explain why you pick those choices is a very mean thing to do to a confused mind. :( Unbold all the other stuff, or use BIG RED TEXT if you want?

I've become lazy, unfortunately. I'll bold in future.

We could put it up to another vote. I bow to the wishes of the majority.
Are we revoting from the last update, or just letting our votes stand as they are? Democracy is such a hard mistress to tame, considering how similar C D and E it's likely one or the other would have been passed through considering they're pretty much the same. You might want to have a limitation in future on the "suggest a option" in that it has to be significantly different from the currently proposed.

I'll flop to either C, D, or E, although I ultimately favour C then D, then E, then A

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, I'll take a leaf out of root's book and make sure to note down privately if any course of action will give a similar result to any of the choices.

newcomer

Learned
the other would have been passed through considering they're pretty much the same. You might want to have a limitation in future on the "suggest a option" in that it has to be significantly different from the currently proposed.

Have to agree with this, and personally I'm also guilty for proposing D :oops:

I'll pick any of C, D, E, depending on which one is winning

Esquilax

Arcane
Fuck, I knew that hijacking Zeus' thunder was too good to be true. We had a plan, changing it on the fly was a bad idea. I also hoped that we'd have more time for this particular choice, because it was a tough one. Oh well.

If we're continuing with this update, I vote B. Definitely not C. If we're continuing from the previous update, then C/D/E, sorry for confusing things like that.

My preference would be E.

Voting C for previous, B for this one.

I'd be inclined to see a rewrite, and consider the previous version a most intriguing "what if". Showing off your C&C and all that. It's not like it'd be the first Codex CYOA to get rewritten...

I still fondly remember the alternate future of the Marius Hax saga that resulted in an ending that was worse than the "wrong" one.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In some part, I don't want to have to tell you guys that 'nope, this doesn't end up differently from what I've already given, pick one of the others' before the choice has been decided. I think the 'make-your-own-plan' choices will be better left for more long-term situations from now on, because it's hardly fair for me to have you guys spend time thinking up a creative plan when you don't know the extent of what Zeus can do with two pieces of Vajra, and thus fail to get a different outcome from lack of information.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Vote for chapter 5.19:
C. You fight Zeus. You have a piece of Vajra and Edem by your side, and Zeus had apparently exhausted the last of his lightning just now. Even if he has two pieces of Vajra, you should be able to take him down and complete Vajra for yourself.

We should try to get the Vajra from Zeus and use the poison if we get a chance.

Or if the isn't going to be a rewrite, then vote for chapter 5.20:
C. You reject the terms and attack Zeus. Fuck him and his one-sided offer, you will work this out on your own terms. Preferably over his dead body.

Baltika9

Arcane
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me, before it's too late.
All us smart asses really should unite under one choice. And since Zeus just demonstrated his...rather potent ability to read minds, my "feigning submission" shit will be just as unfortunate as this update. If we talk to him, he kills Marduk, so Esquilax's D is out (we need that guy as a last trump card). That leaves a choice between C and E, essentially a choice between "WAAAAGH!" and :I gots me a kunnin'plan."

Edit: I'm voting C.

And, yeah, if we continue with this update (which I hope we won't. I really hope we won't.), then B. We had no right to endanger ourselves so much with negotiations. We have even less right to lay down our life needlessly. I'm actually pretty sure that we could take Zeus on and win, if not for Ares. And Edem is not, seems to me, coming back.

treave: say, since E is just C with a plan, would they be considered, ah, related? Or is it rat diplomacy time? Or just include Esquilax's plan into C?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
C.

That's my vote for both this vote and last. I think Zeus is too big for his britches.
I'm rather sure we're going to pay hell for it, but I still think he's much too uppity. :rpgcodex:

Esquilax

Arcane
If we're continuing with this one, C is retarded. It's flip-flopping bullshit that will have us killed. Zeus, on home turf, with two pieces of Vajra, one-on-one against Ean: those are the worst fucking odds I've ever seen.

Lose the ego and avoid the fight here. Either take his offer or run. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to fight him with Edem from our previous point, but if we continue from here, it is way too late to take him on. Edem did the smart thing and bailed, so should we.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom