Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
But that would be an amazing conclusion to our governance! It's also similar in the Mistborn series' Final Empire.

You do make a good point, I just really like the idea of forming our nation by personally defeating kings with amazing feats of personal martial prowess and forcing them underneath us. It is after all very... Gilgamesh.
I know, I wanna do awesome shit too, like light our head on fire and go battlefield surfing on a chariot. Sadly, we must adjust for circumstances. And the circumstances are such that, sooner or later, Ean will be corrupted. And I'd rather we squared Earth away ASAP and look for a cure in Olympus/with the Gieloth/wherever the fuck.

Time is ticking, albeit slowly.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
B for me. I also like Smashing Axe's plan to threaten to throw the Hittite king with into the Olympus Rift once we capture him. Also, keep him there until some Terasphagos come out, so that he can see them with his own eyes. Then have his heir (and heirs of all our vassals!) sent to a tour of duty at the Olympus garrison :salute: Safely, as officers, of course. But let them have first-hand experience with the Terasphagos.

Baltika9

Arcane
Also another thing to consider about going into battle head-first: Anbar-Shi.
treave, can you give a confirm on how close the blade is to awakening, unless it is a surprise? Also, did Ean get any noteworthy shifts in morality, or the sword take it all in for now?

Baltika9

Arcane
You'll know when you start hearing voices in your head (again).
Oh, so those guys are coming back with a grimdark reskin, huh? :incline: Since we kinda absorbed them into the sword, except now we are the sword, except that the sword iis now a somewhat separate entity.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sounds like Ean's going to create his own trinity concept. The Sword, The Voice and the Holy Vessel.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
People are reading things into your comments that were never there.
Hearing voices because of the sword doesn't mean the masters put the voices back there. It just means Ean's about to qualify for the nearest asylum. :roll:

newcomer

Learned
Hearing voices because of the sword doesn't mean the masters put the voices back there. It just means Ean's about to qualify for the nearest asylum. :roll:

In that case I recommend the :mhd: asylum. With 5-star service and delicate tentacles massaging your brain, you'll feel like it's heaven.

This is quite difficult. I actually favor A, but I'm not sure whether it helps or not.... Abstaining for now

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B for me. I also like Smashing Axe's plan to threaten to throw the Hittite king with into the Olympus Rift once we capture him. Also, keep him there until some Terasphagos come out, so that he can see them with his own eyes. Then have his heir (and heirs of all our vassals!) sent to a tour of duty at the Olympus garrison :salute: Safely, as officers, of course. But let them have first-hand experience with the Terasphagos.

This. B.

ScubaV

Prophet
My thought is that since we decided to stick around, why not get involved? That was kind of the point of D in the previous update no? I'm sure the empire will have a chance to test itself while we go destroy the Tree of Might or adventure around in the rift. Also, the empire is still quite young. Being involved and guiding it through it's infancy will allow it to better manage itself later.

Of A and B, I favor B. There is the element of not stepping on Athena's toes, plus neither Sekhenun or Edem are commander types so we would do more good there. And I remember there being a huge outpouring of Terasphagos when we went past the rift to parlay with Athena the first time. Was it coincidence or are they attracted to nearby immortals or us specifically? Ean going to support the rift may just make it worse.

Kipeci

Arcane
Let's not pick options based on whether or not we think they'll piss of Athena, but rather on how effective they are. Remember how she was mad about us making her queen because she thought it was just something we'd done to put her in our debt?

Anyway, I'd be fine with letting Athena handle the situation except for the fact that there are extremely few Greeks for her to lead into battle. The only substantial force in Greece are the overwhelmingly Babylonian and Egyptian garrison against the Terasphagos. We need to intervene in Greece or else we will lose it and the Terasphagos will possibly be unleashed. None of that would make Athena happy!

She seems fairly practical, I'm pretty sure she can see that she can't really hold out against a whole army by pretty much herself.

I vote A, but I'd reluctantly switch to B to beat C if necessary.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
As I understand it we're already reinforcing her with men regardless of the decision we make. She's presumably a capable general, we don't need two immortal capable generals leading one army when we have another. As someone above noted, Sek and Edem are not generals, but we are.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As I understand it we're already reinforcing her with men regardless of the decision we make. She's presumably a capable general, we don't need two immortal capable generals leading one army when we have another. As someone above noted, Sek and Edem are not generals, but we are.

Fair enough. I'll flop. Changed my vote. :salute:

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't think we can actually spare the troops to prroperly reinforce her and simultaneously invade Anatolia.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
It was decided that thanks to the rather powerful personalities your empire employed, you could afford to split your forces, defending in Greece while invading the Hittites at the same time. Athena and Artemis would head the efforts in Greece, while Sekhenun and Edem would support the troops in Assyria. The only thing left to decide was where you should head to.

newcomer

Learned
B

treave how about the exact amount of soldiers for each side? Do we need to discuss that also?
And maybe the terror twins details of their ability? And are they able to direct their power AoE to the enemy only?

And oh, for the watchers, can we arrange some revolts in the Hittite to make our invasion much easier?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You already have numbers in the update, the split will be more or less even, the terror twins can direct their powers in a more specific manner, you have rookie spies at the moment, not genius spymasters that can create an entire revolution out of nowhere in a stable country with a snap of their fingers.

Tigranes

Arcane
C. The fact that the King has not moved is significant, and we really should give Athena at least one chance to defend her home country, as a sign of faith in her ability.

treave, I assume we can specify the distribution of the Ten Thousand? 3v1 odds do seem quite steep for Athena. Also:

They stealthily - or so they thought - began shifting their troops east, marching towards Greece.

What is it with you Westerners always getting east and west wrong :eek: (No really, I've seen this so many times that I want to know what is the reason - centering the globe on America and showing the 'Far East' to the left, for US?)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Athena should have nearly 10k to work with if including the Greece garrison. Not bad odds. Yeah, thanks for catching that mistake. Unfortunately I'm not living in the West, so it's not a cultural superiority issue, just a simple error. :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom