Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

newcomer

Learned
So, that gigantic, gaping hole will suck our manly protagonist into it's eternally twisting and writhing insides? My, but purple is Slaanesh's color after all.
Edit: can't think of a better fate for our Ever-Virgin.
:troll:

D. You refuse to die before fucking Sekhenum! You plunge into the rift and DRAG SEKHENUM WITH YOU!

Anabanana

Augur
So, that gigantic, gaping hole will suck our manly protagonist into it's eternally twisting and writhing insides? My, but purple is Slaanesh's color after all.

D. You refuse to die before fucking Sekhenum! You plunge into the rift and DRAG SEKHENUM WITH YOU!

:bro:

In all seriousness, I'm voting B. Whether or not Sekhe comes with us, well...

EDIT: If Sekh, who's been researching the rift, says it's best to ignore it for now, then... I think I'll switch to A.

EDIT: Switching back to B.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Sekhenun is there, and has been running whatever tests she can think of (including the stick test) for the last five hours, while you and the others are fending off waves of Terasphagos coming in from all sides and the rift itself.

So what does Sekhenun say about entering the rift? And getting back?

Baltika9

Arcane

I meant Artemis...but that works too.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sekhenun is there, and has been running whatever tests she can think of (including the stick test) for the last five hours, while you and the others are fending off waves of Terasphagos coming in from all sides and the rift itself.

So what does Sekhenun say about entering the rift? And getting back?

She has no idea, but doesn't recommend doing anything with it for now.

If you guys want to drag her in with you, vote D. I'm sure she won't be able to resist. :lol:

newcomer

Learned
Well treave , count that one as B I guess... Unless you really want to make that choice :troll:

EDIT: So you did make it official :love:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
As for the North, clearly Shulgi, Nabu and the new Master are chilling out up there while competing in finding new and more inventive ways to troll Ean. :troll:

You forgot Naram, I'm sure that New Zealander is up to something.

Come to think of it, have we ever asked Eden about his father? Have we ever implied that we think they're one and the same?

ScubaV

Prophet
treave, who all is with us at the rift?

Ok bros, I'm thinking of tying a rope to Ean, going B, take a look around, see if our compass works or if there's another way to find a path back to the rift and then pop back out. Then we can take at least Artemis with us for a proper expedition. Hopefully, there's no time dilation phenomenon or this could be bad.

Why B over C?
We see the Terasphagos coming from the rift. They thrive in the miasma, which we can survive with our filters and they can live in Earth's natural environment, at least temporarily. So I doubt the other side of the rift is some insta-death place like the void of space or something. I'm suspecting no one has returned because they couldn't find their way back.

Also, with C Vajra probably wants to do something funky with the rift. My guess is it will be one of two things: a)it completes the action started by Zeus's two pieces and opens a portal to the Masters, or b)with only one piece it also fucks up and makes the situation worse. Both of which are bad.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Smashing Axe: Yes. Here's what he said:

"My father? You mean Nabu? Ah, right, has Sekhenun ever told you about how Gieloth spawn besides that whole tentacle tree of doom deal we have going on? No? Well, we pretty much split in two. Not equal halves, mind you. The larger half will be the 'parent' and retain its personality and consciousness, and then you have the smaller half, which inherits some traits of the parent and eventually develops its own personality. Nabu was spawned from Marduk himself, while I was spawned from Nabu. In essence, I am Marduk's grandchild, in human terms. Oh, all of this takes quite a long time to do, it's a pretty precarious method. We go into a stupor while trying it, and only the strongest split successfully without just killing themselves in the process. Most Gieloth never bother to do so. Where's Nabu now? Hm, well, beats me. You did screw up his plan to defeat Marduk and drop him in a chasm. I have no idea where he went after that, though I doubt he's dead."

edit: Naram doesn't get along well with the three of them, unfortunately. They kicked him out of the apartment for allowing his sheep to track mud everywhere.

ScubaV: The Shin'ari Five are all present and accounted for, plus maybe fifty left of the two hundred brave volunteers you started out with.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Also, with C Vajra probably wants to do something funky with the rift. My guess is it will be one of two things: a)it completes the action started by Zeus's two pieces and opens a portal to the Masters, or b)with only one piece it also fucks up and makes the situation worse. Both of which are bad.
Another possibility is that it will summon a master. The rift acts as a conduit already, Vajra just changes the coordinates. That, or everything goes fine and it closes the rift, no consequences whatsoever. Or both.

I'd much rather choose B over C now, come to think of it. I just hope it's not immediately endgame.

newcomer

Learned
The Shin'ari Five are all present and accounted for, plus maybe fifty left of the two hundred brave volunteers you started out with.

Oh, I misunderstand that. I thought only Ean & Sekhenum & maybe Edem...
Well, then B should be safe enough for us? We got 4 other backups if we fuck up...

treave : Does the other masters knows about Ean? Or is the one knowing about Ean's fight with Zeus is Zeus himself?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
So the unbro thing to do would be to sent a couple of the brave volunteers into the rift and then get them back by pulling the rope.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So the unbro thing to do would be to sent a couple of the brave volunteers into the rift and then get them back by pulling the rope.

Good idea, but it's been tried within those five hours; they got mauled by Terasphagos before they could observe the surroundings, which is not surprising. You need someone who's strong enough to fight them off to go in and scout, though none of your pals are crazy enough to do it, even for you. They'd much rather retreat for now.

edit: Sticks and stones went in and out with no problems. It's a stable rift... well, as stable as any break in the fabric of reality can be.

Baltika9

Arcane

Good idea, but it's been tried within those five hours; they got mauled by Terasphagos before they could observe the surroundings, which is not surprising. You need someone who's strong enough to fight them off to go in and scout, though none of your pals are crazy enough to do it, even for you.

edit: Sticks and stones went in and out with no problems. It's a stable rift... well, as stable as any break in the fabric of reality can be. I'm sure you guys want to see what's on the other side, no?
So, why not do that with Ean? You don't want to spoil the update? Cocktease.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
So they got mauled by Terasphagos and then got back? I think this is good news. In light of this, I'm going to vote B.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well... if you consider their getting back as a quivering sack of flesh good news... Yup, it's pretty much safe besides the Terasphagos.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I feared there would be some weird time dilation since Ares hasn't come back and the Terasphagos come in cycles. But since we are getting flesh back, there can't be big differences in flow of time between the rift and earth.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well... if you consider their getting back as a quivering sack of flesh good news... Yup, it's pretty much safe besides the Terasphagos.

Yep, I consider it good news. Confirms our fears of time dilation were unfounded.

B. Without the rope. We don't want it constraining our movement while we're fighting off Terasphagos.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, can we take the rest of the Shin'ari five with us, or are they suddenly preoccupied with important stuff, like counting the number of trees that aren't there?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
They don't want to go. They're not convinced it's a good idea to go in. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
They don't want to go. They're not convinced it's a good idea to go in. :lol:
Well, in that case, let's turn this into:

The LP. We pretty much have everyone and thing set up for us. The only one missing is Kaldor Draigo Ean.

But, we'd better leave a "last wish", so to speak, and that is for the rest of em to watch Lil' E and ensure he does his daddy proud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom