Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    This isn't really a surprise. I'd also like to note that walking away isn't necessarily a bad idea - if past trends are any indication, the Terasphagos will be dormant for a long while now. First, let's look at hints as to what Vajra might want to do:

treave, is our piece resonating the same way it did during the Marduk/Zeus confrontation and when we initially came to Olympus? My initial impression is that we are so close that Vajra again wants to fly off and unite with the other pieces. The rift is clearly responding to Vajra because it's following us.

I'm not so sure about jumping in. It appears to be way easier for the Terasphagos to cross it than it is for people on our side to do the same:

Not sure yet, will think about it some more.

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No, it's not. The closest description I can give is that it appears to want to 'activate'. Activate what, or activate how, you don't know. Also, the scouting part was what happens when people go into the miasma without the filter. No one's found the rift until now.

As for the North, clearly Shulgi, Nabu and the new Master are chilling out up there while competing in finding new and more inventive ways to troll Ean. :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Considering that Ean trolled all of them before, rather successfully and capitally, their dinner conversations must be something to see read. ;) hint-hint.

^ Top  
  4. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    treave, so now that we found the rift, what happens when we throw a stick in there? Could we experiment a little before deciding what to do?

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Sekhenun is there, and has been running whatever tests she can think of (including the stick test) for the last five hours, while you and the others are fending off waves of Terasphagos coming in from all sides and the rift itself.

Discovering a breakthrough isn't going to happen in the next couple hours. Unless you are willing to continuously fight at the rift for the next year or so, without feeding, you decide now. Go in or go home, or take a gamble with Vajra.

edit: Sure, you could tie a rope to yourself before proceeding with B.

^ Top  
  6. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Yeah, we could try repeating the tie a stick to a rope, tie Ean/a brave soul to a rope tests.

I'm not sure what to do, but it's got to be B or C. We've only had a few incursions, but their increasing scale suggests an exponential growth in both size and duration. The next one may also be the last as far as Earth is concerned.

^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave: say, what will happen if Ean just pokes his his hand in/ sticks his head to take a peek inside?

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    B will happen. :troll:

Not saying that B is a bad choice or there's no way back, mind you.

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Can't resist.
    So, that gigantic, gaping hole will suck our manly protagonist into it's eternally twisting and writhing insides? My, but purple is Slaanesh's color after all.
    Edit: can't think of a better fate for our Ever-Virgin.
    :troll:

^ Top  
  10. newcomer Learned

newcomer

D. You refuse to die before fucking Sekhenum! You plunge into the rift and DRAG SEKHENUM WITH YOU!

^ Top  
  11. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana

:bro:

In all seriousness, I'm voting B. Whether or not Sekhe comes with us, well...

EDIT: If Sekh, who's been researching the rift, says it's best to ignore it for now, then... I think I'll switch to A.

EDIT: Switching back to B.

^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    So what does Sekhenun say about entering the rift? And getting back?

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I meant Artemis...but that works too.

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    She has no idea, but doesn't recommend doing anything with it for now.

If you guys want to drag her in with you, vote D. I'm sure she won't be able to resist. :lol:

^ Top  
  15. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Well treave , count that one as B I guess... Unless you really want to make that choice :troll:

EDIT: So you did make it official :love:

^ Top  
  16. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    You forgot Naram, I'm sure that New Zealander is up to something.

Come to think of it, have we ever asked Eden about his father? Have we ever implied that we think they're one and the same?

^ Top  
  17. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    treave, who all is with us at the rift?

Ok bros, I'm thinking of tying a rope to Ean, going B, take a look around, see if our compass works or if there's another way to find a path back to the rift and then pop back out. Then we can take at least Artemis with us for a proper expedition. Hopefully, there's no time dilation phenomenon or this could be bad.

Why B over C?
    We see the Terasphagos coming from the rift. They thrive in the miasma, which we can survive with our filters and they can live in Earth's natural environment, at least temporarily. So I doubt the other side of the rift is some insta-death place like the void of space or something. I'm suspecting no one has returned because they couldn't find their way back.

Also, with C Vajra probably wants to do something funky with the rift. My guess is it will be one of two things: a)it completes the action started by Zeus's two pieces and opens a portal to the Masters, or b)with only one piece it also fucks up and makes the situation worse. Both of which are bad.

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Smashing Axe: Yes. Here's what he said:

"My father? You mean Nabu? Ah, right, has Sekhenun ever told you about how Gieloth spawn besides that whole tentacle tree of doom deal we have going on? No? Well, we pretty much split in two. Not equal halves, mind you. The larger half will be the 'parent' and retain its personality and consciousness, and then you have the smaller half, which inherits some traits of the parent and eventually develops its own personality. Nabu was spawned from Marduk himself, while I was spawned from Nabu. In essence, I am Marduk's grandchild, in human terms. Oh, all of this takes quite a long time to do, it's a pretty precarious method. We go into a stupor while trying it, and only the strongest split successfully without just killing themselves in the process. Most Gieloth never bother to do so. Where's Nabu now? Hm, well, beats me. You did screw up his plan to defeat Marduk and drop him in a chasm. I have no idea where he went after that, though I doubt he's dead."

edit: Naram doesn't get along well with the three of them, unfortunately. They kicked him out of the apartment for allowing his sheep to track mud everywhere.

ScubaV: The Shin'ari Five are all present and accounted for, plus maybe fifty left of the two hundred brave volunteers you started out with.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Another possibility is that it will summon a master. The rift acts as a conduit already, Vajra just changes the coordinates. That, or everything goes fine and it closes the rift, no consequences whatsoever. Or both.

I'd much rather choose B over C now, come to think of it. I just hope it's not immediately endgame.

^ Top  
  20. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Oh, I misunderstand that. I thought only Ean & Sekhenum & maybe Edem...
    Well, then B should be safe enough for us? We got 4 other backups if we fuck up...

treave : Does the other masters knows about Ean? Or is the one knowing about Ean's fight with Zeus is Zeus himself?

^ Top  
  21. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    So the unbro thing to do would be to sent a couple of the brave volunteers into the rift and then get them back by pulling the rope.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Or we could tie a big stone to a rope and throw that in and see if we can pull it out.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Good idea, but it's been tried within those five hours; they got mauled by Terasphagos before they could observe the surroundings, which is not surprising. You need someone who's strong enough to fight them off to go in and scout, though none of your pals are crazy enough to do it, even for you. They'd much rather retreat for now.

edit: Sticks and stones went in and out with no problems. It's a stable rift... well, as stable as any break in the fabric of reality can be.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So, why not do that with Ean? You don't want to spoil the update? Cocktease.

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That'll be B.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.