Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well, we did have the option to lug around Sek's dismembered head in a jar with us earlier. I see no reason why we could not do the same with Edem...

Hell, why don't we take both?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I was thinking more of Sekhenun's head in a jar, which could've happened. But Edem would fit the bill better, Sekhenun could be our Annah and Athena our Fall from Grace. :troll:
We'd find Ares who'd be our Vhailor, Marduk would have gone insane and be Ignus. I have trouble pegging down Dak'kon though. Zeus as Trias, hmmm?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Naram would have received The Unbroken Rhombus from the Masters. And by solving the maze of the Spheres you get a pet sphere who follows you around.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
C

And if we are looking mistakes for the outcome, it definitely was the moment we decided to concentrate on the rift instead of China.

Baltika9

Arcane
If this is true, then it makes B even worse. Seriously, rebuild Ean?
First and foremost, we're probably going to have to reveal Sekhenun's knowledge of wormholes, followed by handing her off to the Masters before they really start seeing us as another harmless dog.

Ean's experiences in the gulag have probably given him an iron will, so I'm not concerned about the Masters exerting mental control. Better yet, we can make them think that their little tricks are working on us.

I don't think that it will be that easy. We're fucking with the masters on home soil, at full power. They'll even be modding Ean's body, which almost certainly means you can expect this to have catches than a Detroit prostitute has STDs.
And they could have already done something to the unconscious Ean. Really, they let us go just like that, even if we did bring them Vajra?
If you choose to submit to the Masters they will rebuild you. They have the technology. They'll make you better than you were.

Better... stronger... faster.
edit: Regarding hunger... they'll harness it. But let's not spoil it too much.

And you're right about bro-stabbing, which is another reason that B isn't alright in my book. Hell, I'd rather take my chances with those "higher beings'" giant balls than with the Masters. At least we can run from them.
Edit: Ean never even betrayed his unbros for anything, and Sekhenun is the only true bro we ever had.
Stabbing him/her/it in the back(side) with anything except The Emprah's Light doesn't sit right with me.
Edit: treave, may we perchance ask this fine gentleman for a monocle for the road?

ScubaV

Prophet
Hmm, I was going to pick A: basically pull another world into the fold so we can start with two when the space age starts, but treave said it's in a different reality so that's out.

B would certainly be interesting, but I think those of you hoping to outscheme the Masters are going to be sorely disappointed. It was obvious that the spheres were too powerful for us, but now we're going to pull one over on the Masters? In their homeland? There is value in the upgrades they'll give us and the knowledge we gain, though.

I'm almost tempted to vote C. I'll think about this and see what else you guys come up with and vote later.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'd be fine with any option, really.

Both A and B will keep us from returning any time soon. If you want to beat a hasty return tp Earth, go with C despite the danger.

I'd like to go with B to learn about what's going on, but we didn't dedicate that much to keeping the empire together without us. I'll vote for C.

ScubaV

Prophet
treave, how long would our indentured servitude to the Masters last? Would we have to attempt an escape at some point or might they let us go back to Earth when they re-establish a connection?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, how long would our indentured servitude to the Masters last? Would we have to attempt an escape at some point or might they let us go back to Earth when they re-establish a connection?

Itisamystery.gif

Tigranes

Arcane
I see this choice as less of a 'are you fucked or not' choice, but 'where do you want to play next' choice. Planeswalker, Master's Pet or Back to Earth. I don't see A landing us in a puddle of shit that takes us centuries to get out of, same with B, or with C.

I'm going to vote C for now as I'd really prefer we return to Earth. That said, I imagine the rift is still around, and we won't have Vajra to close it, either... I just think servitude to the Masters is a poor trade for God Emperor, given that the 'Test' they are speaking of is centuries/millennia away.

Baltika9

Arcane
So, treave... could we presume upon this fine gentleman's hospitality and ask him for a small small favor, amounting to that astoundingly elegant piece of optics that currently rests on his eye?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B - if B doesn't have the votes, then A. Regardless we should ask him about fixing the hole in our reality...

Esquilax

Arcane
"Alternatively, you can come back with me to our home, where we will find a way to put you to use. It might not be a pleasant experience, I warn you. Finally, we dump you back where we found you. If you're quick enough, you might be able to get back without attracting the attention of any of the things in there, I suppose. You would have to be very quick."

I just spotted this. Given treave's hints, I'm assuming that there's going to be a lot of brainwashing and experimentation on Ean in the next few updates. Ean is a unique specimen, so expect them to do all kinds of fucked up things to him in the name of SCIENCE!!! I'm curious to see how they try to manipulate Ean's hunger.

I just realized that if we get back, there's no guarantee that Sekhenun is alive. She might have died trying to stop the Chinese Gieloth, but in any case, should we succeed in C, finding her whereabouts will be crucial. She probably knows way more about wormholes now, thanks to the rift. I don't mind B, but I'd rather not have to kill our bros to get close to the Masters, and I want to bring the band back together again. Also, I really miss Shulgi - should we get back to Earth successfully, I want to find him and team up with him to try and stop the Masters.

Flopped my original post to C, even though C is fucking crazy.

ScubaV

Prophet
This is hard. I really want to go back to Earth, but I think working for the Masters presents too great an opportunity. They'll give us some upgrades, maybe do something about our hunger, and it will give us a tremendous opportunity to gain knowledge.

B

Esquilax

Arcane
This is hard. I really want to go back to Earth, but I think working for the Masters presents too great an opportunity. They'll give us some upgrades, maybe do something about our hunger, and it will give us a tremendous opportunity to gain knowledge.

You're right, the choice between going back home and potentially gaining a ton of knowledge on the Masters is very tough. However, I want to stress that they won't do anything that'll tone down or cure our hunger:

Regarding hunger... they'll harness it. But let's not spoil it too much.

If anything, I think that these guys are going to amplify/reduce Ean's hunger depending on what they need from him. Since Ean no longer has a leash but is bound by his voices (Ean's morality is what keeps him in check), they'll probably try to control him through the hunger. If he's disobedient, they'll probably make him unleash his hunger on innocents, but if he does what he's told, they might take steps to help us control it better. Really, I see them harnessing it as a tool of control to make Ean a better servant. Swallowing our pride might be the better bet in the long-run if we can dick these guys over.

But in my case, sentiment won out. I've wanted to see a Shulgi/Ean reunion since forever - I think that they would make a great team and the personality conflicts would be fucking awesome.

As far as C, obviously we have to hide instead of resort to fighting the spheres:

Your hunger-sharpened senses detected, from a great distance, a presence akin to one you had only felt once before, near the peak of Olympus.

The downside to C is that if we fuck up, we're going to eventually give in to the hunger and "win" the game. We're going to have to navigate the area carefully and use our sharpened senses if we want to find the way back to Earth.

Baltika9

Arcane
Esquilax, I knew you had it in ya. Now, I think we should talk to the giant balls again, instead of just bailing, for added lulz :troll:
Who knows, maybe they changed their minds and want to chillax and share whatever it is they're snorting.
Flopped to C.
Edit: treave, another question. What is it that intrigues the Masters about Ean, the hunger or the way he handles it? Can we romance all of them at once?

newcomer

Learned
Edit: treave, another question. What is it that intrigues the Masters about Ean, the hunger or the way he handles it? Can we romance all of them at once?

Romancing an old man you mean? :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom