Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Depending on which character you choose, you'll find out a lot more about what has happened in the past three thousand years.

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Fuck yeah, we need to find out heaps more! :salute:

Madman is out then. Let's be a watcher!

A

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Sorry, lemme rephrase that.

Every character will find out something different, some will find out more than the others, and yes, m4davis has some inkling of what is going on here but it's not the full picture.

Don't want unexpected stuff to happen, don't go in the void.

:troll:

^ Top  
  4. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    I want a spin-off where we play as Sekhe who has to deal with the mess Ean left behind.

^ Top  
  5. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, you kidding me? I'm loving this. We're almost like the real Empah, except they didn't make a golden throne for us (well fuck them too)! I just hope we'll get to play as Ean again.
    I'd kiss you right now if I could. But I'll settle for a :brodex:

^ Top  
  7. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    For some reason I'm getting a Morrowind vibe. I quite like the idea of this. Though perhaps not if Ean has to regain all his powers from scratch..

C and D sound the most interesting to me. C. I like the idea of playing a character a bit more 'polished'.

^ Top  
  8. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    If we had kept Sekhenun's head in a jar, we could have taken her with us.

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Example of what could come to pass for each of the choices (you guys have a talent for taking things in unexpected directions the moment I offer a crucial choice):

A. Cults, politics, intrigue
    B. War, politics, intrigue
    C. Politics, diplomacy, intrigue
    D. Dogfucker leads the rabble horde to sweep the Empire in an orgy of dogfucking and looting. Plus some war and intrigue.

Pretty much, this is a chapter where you are reintroduced to the empire and how it has become bloated and complicated over thousands of years. Shulgi would have a stiffy at the number of plots in motion at any one time. Everyone is Shulgi.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Hmm...bros, now that I thought about it, this chapter shouldn't be about lol new char, but about finding Ean and restoring his memory.
    And I think private Pyle will be at ground zero when TNO comes back as an amnesiac.
    Unless they're all Ean. :eek:

^ Top  
  11. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    C, then :salute:

^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Translation: You guys are retarded.

Other than hopping back into the void, what other choices in the past surprised you? I figured you expected us not to go riftwalking and then engaging in sphere diplomacy, that much is obvious.

^ Top  
  13. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Damn, these all sound pretty interesting.

- A detective joining the people he's sent to spy on
    - Talented noble maneuvers his way to the throne
    - Prophet Mohammed

^ Top  
  14. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Good news is, Earth still exists 3000 years after we founded our Empire, meaning the Gieloth Tree failed, or at least didn't completely strip-mine our planet. I wonder what happened to them ( the name of the Eastern empire, Concordiat, suggests they're ruling jointly with Immortals there). The date is roughly 1200 AD (see treave, you still need to make a 1000 year time skip to stop me making comparisons to real history :P). I wonder if the technology and society are anything similar. Certainly the various realms of our Empire jockeying for power and attempting to place a convenient Emperor on the throne are similar enough to the various realms of the Holy Roman Empire at the equivalent time :salute:

^ Top  
  15. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    D because I can

Haven't you heard the codex exsists to constantly crap on sanity and vomit logical knowlegde to then stuff itself with idiocy and stupidity as it stands this run have been quite well with us avoiding death somehow at every treave er turn

^ Top  
  16. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Not a good enough reason to put together a strong empire for over a dozen updates, then go full-retard just as we're about to start achieving our goals. We were doing really well up until then.

That pretty much seals it for me, it's a choice between A and C. I'd rather not pick the two "warrior" types, since we're already familiar with that experience. Initially I had the madman pegged as some sort of seer a la Malkavians in Vampire - The Masquerade, a seeker of mystical and forbidden knowledge. Picking either A or C would probably be the best bet as far as learning the most about what happened in the last 3,000 years as well.

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Going to Egypt instead of chasing Marduk.

Going all FUCK THE ADVISOR IS SHULGI paranoid and then opting to follow the plan that the advisor proposed to his pharaoh anyway.

Killing Sargon, when you could've just run. Interestingly, I think the current Ean wouldn't be in character if he made such a choice.

Somehow = deus ex machina.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Yeeeep. How many game overs have we got so far?

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not that many, just that time with Theseus and more gratingly, the sphere diplomacy branch. I don't consider it a game over if Ean's still alive and in a position to carry out bloody vengeance for his defeat.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So, let me get this straight: Strict social codes, deadly decadent courts, intrigues and extreterrestrial conflicts with a pinch of ubermenschen here and there?
    Humanity, not even a millenium close to space travel, is already starting to turn into The Second Gieloth Empire? Oh, Sekhenun, you clever, clever tentacle.:love: How soon until Ean has dirty, dirty tentacle sex with the whole species?

Oh, I almost forgot:
    Who's laughing now, huh? Suck it, Shulgi.

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Now that that's out of my system: bros, look closely at B.
    We just voted to throw Ean into the Rift. It is quite possible that the "excitement" mentioned is Ean being the first thing to come out (also, apparently playing with those giant balls wasn't all that bad. At the very least we impressed these "higher beings" enough for them not to ejaculate send in more Terrasphagos into Terra).

And really, we should make this chapter about getting him his memory back and getting the crew back together, not switching characters. The timeline for the Masters' return is shortened, so we'd better hurry up.

^ Top  
  22. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Isn't this chapter about discovering what happened to the empire? Not getting Ean's memories back?

A. If C is winning, then I'll flop to which ever has second most votes.

Edit: It is a shame that so long have passed. I really liked the ancient history -era.

^ Top  
  23. Arpad Educated

Arpad
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Then we should treat it like intel:
    soldier-rift/Greece, spy-North, noble-Empire and hermit-our bros. Question is, what's most needed?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.