Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I can't guarantee you'll get back into Fort Euphraxes successfully. Why did you have to ask this question? :lol:

^ Top  
  2. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    How do the nomads siege forts? I'm under the assumption that they have a camp close to the fort and they just patrol around the fort so that no bigger group gets in or out. One man or a small group should be able to get in.

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    It was more about "How long will it take Dio to get back to the Fort alone?" I'm curious.

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Pick A to find out what happens.

^ Top  
  5. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    :lol:

Because going it alone and trying to sneak behind enemy lines through 70,000 barbarians doesn't seem likely. And this whole situation is just a ticking time bomb: inexperienced guy becomes general, a shitload of conflict between various officers... it's all one big powder keg. Is there a secret entrance or area that would allow us easy access back into the Fort? Anything like that?

Okay, I don't trust going back to the Fort alone. We might lose some face with the men, but when you get down to it, Dio is a fucking blind politician playing at war: we need backup and we need to return to the Fort safely. Then again, I am not sure how we'd manage to get ourselves and 1,000 men past enemy lines and into the Fort. This is just a very shitty situation. If we went with 25,000, we might be able to flank the barbarians or take them on, but with 1,000 dudes our options are extremely limited.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, something tells me A isn't the best option, it just screams"kneejerk."
    I've the feeling we'll find important sruff in the fort. And Ban could take convincing to return, and it would double our men.

^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Also, these men second-guessing us is also a bad sign:if they feel like best buds with Dio, their pals at the fort do too, which means enforcing discipline may only increase the chance of mutiny.
    Edit: flopping to B3

^ Top  
  8. Arpad Educated

Arpad
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Tigranes Storyfag TOME Azira Kipeci

It's occurred to me that going back to Euphraxes might not be a great idea. Once we get there, we'd somehow have to sneak back into our own Fort thanks to the siege. Sounds like a decent idea in theory, but I am not confident in Dio's ability to do so considering that it's almost impossible to remain inconspicuous as a dude with a missing eye.

As far as I see it, I think we're getting way too invested in our role as general right now. Our initial goal here was to find Ban, but now we're getting bogged down. My take on the situation is that they ought to fend for themselves. There is no central command structure, and yes, this is very bad: but I don't see how we'd be able to go past enemy lines and into our own Fort. Then once we do get to our Fort, well, what do we do then? Maintaining order won't be easy even then. I believe that our best option would be to stay the course and either find Ban or to try and uncover the real truth of what's going on within the Fort. Remember that all was not as it seemed back in Skane, and I doubt that all is as it seems here either.

As far as the investigation option (B) I think that Ban either faced some sort of danger from within Fort Tigrien (perhaps something Gieloth-related? I have no fucking idea) or he learned something in there that compelled him to make the move further into Rus territory. Maybe investigating the Fort will give us clues as to where he went without having to track him into Rus territory, maybe someone wrote something down, left some sort of information. It seems to be a more attractive option than is presented. I would flop to B2 so that we can investigate the Fort as quickly as possible, I believe that there is some great danger and power there:

After his encounter with Fenrir, Dio realizes that there is a lot more to the world than petty conspiracies of power. I believe that there is also more to Tigrien than just an empty Fort. Ban made way towards Rus territory for a reason, and I am certain that the place is also completely unlit for a reason as well. Strangely enough, in this place Dio's handicap wouldn't really hamper him that much - on the other hand, his telepathy would be very useful in getting his bearings.

That being said, I could see the benefits of C3 (Dio's telepathic abilities would be a big help in evading Rus ambushes), I just think that there is a lot more to this Fort and that we might be able to determine Ban's location by investigating it.

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You're right in that rushing ahead after Ban might not be the best idea: even if we catch up to him, we don't know why he even went there in the first place.
    On the other hand,Tigris gives me a strange vibe,either a humongous revelation or waste of time.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Fuck it, B2. I'm getting downright Tuwanu vibes here. However,
    It's probably because no one's around to maintain them:M.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'm on mobile, so no long quotes, but if you check out Tuwanu in ch2, there are similarities:no trails or bqttle. This shit warrants investigation.
    Also,B3 seems the better option to me,letting those men go farther means we lose 'em and they can be backup

^ Top  
  13. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Yeah, but what if we're the ones who need backup? Having a lot of people also means we can cover ground more effectively. But yeah, it would definitely suck to lose their trail.

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Exactly what I meant:they will be our backup, charioteers and bowmen indoors would be like elephants on ice:funny from a distance, ineffective in practice. Let them do their thing:be the fastest fuckers around.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    We need to find out what happened here, and running back to Euphraxes will not help us much. Yes, Dio scored better than anyone else in the fort in his military education, but he's not a general. He's a politician.
    We set out to Rus to find Ban and the Madman. Ban we know and trust, the Madman less so. I see this as a cointoss between staying in Tigrien or tracking whomever left the fort.
    I'd rather we find out what happened before we run further inside the Rus territory.
    B3

^ Top  
  16. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    B3

^ Top  
  17. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    This^

^ Top  
  18. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I have a feeling we would meet the madman if we were to pick A.

I'm not that interested about the fort so flopping to C3.

^ Top  
  19. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Guys, I'd like to point out that investigating the Fort while the cavalry and chariots run off is not a good idea. My intention of going into the Fort is this: there were a thousand survivors inside the Fort, and instead of going toward Euphraxes in an attempt to link up with the rest of the Imperial Army, Ban has inexplicably gone deeper into Rus territory. I believe that investigating the Fort will tell us why.

I also don't like (C3) because at the moment we don't have control of or respect of our men. They don't respect us enough to stay out of the cold, how will they respect us enough to go on a dangerous journey deep into Rus territory? We're going to encounter a lot of problems from them:

Splitting our forces as in B3, is a bad idea, so between the two, I prefer C3, though the lack of discipline in our men is a huge problem and a trip into Rus territory is going to make things worse on that front. On the plus side, I believe that Dio's telepathy will at least give us some radar. treave, I know that all of the various Eans are incredibly weak compared to Ean/Shulgi/Marduk/Zeus, but is Dio's telepathy strong enough to at least sniff out an ambush or someone following? I seem to recall that Dio was aware that two of his Watchers were near him when he was in Crete, so he seems to have some ability to detect hostiles at long range.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    10 metres, no further.
    Current tally:
    A2 - 1
    A3 - 1
    B2 - 1
    B3 - 3
    C3 - 3

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    To flop, or not to flop: that is the question.
    Esquilax has a point in that the men are almost ready to say "fu brah."
    However, I can't shake thw feeling we'll find something important in the fort. At the same time, if we don't follow, we may lose them.

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Fuck it, C3. Inb4 the fort would'v given us a level up.
    treave, I've a question, meta. Are the owners of the Giant Balls from the throbbing purple hole the baddesr asses around, or is there someone even badder than them?

^ Top  
  23. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    B3 Hope it was worth it.

^ Top  
  24. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Flop from A2 to B2. I think we should investigate the fort and I think we should do it as a whole; it will help keep the men in order and I think sending just the cavalry out is asking for trouble. We want to show that we keep a cool head but will not back out of trouble.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Baltika9 C3
    Storyfag C3
    Esquilax B2
    Stygian lurker A2
    Kipeci A3
    Arpad C3
    Azira B3
    oscar B3
    TOME C3
    GreyViper B3
    Tigranes B2

C3 - 4
    B2 - 2
    A2 - 1
    A3 - 1
    B3 - 3

Stygian Lurker Kipeci, you want to flop?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.