Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Offering a way out for those who want to play as Ean again.

Kayerts

Arcane
I suppose that went about as well as could be expected.

B. Dio's been an interesting protagonist but will be so much better as an antagonist.

Baltika9

Arcane
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Dis gonan be gud. Fists up.
:bro:

Edit: although, I gotta ask. Was it for the lulz?

oscar

Arcane
Hm tempting choice. Would be interesting to see how powerful Diogenes could become with us leaving him in this successful state. But I've grown fond of the bugger and think he's in an interesting position to play as.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The timeskip will be longer than it would have been if you picked A in the previous choice, but not that lengthy. About a decade or so.

I must say this, though, there are consequences to waking Ean up, which the Imperial family and its allies, and by extension Dio now, are aware of. Basically his awakening will also awaken the hunger instinct in all of his spawn. There are a few other side effects which are not yet known to them though.

Baltika9

Arcane
I must say this, though, there are consequences to waking Ean up, which the Imperial family and its allies, and by extension Dio now, are aware of. Basically his awakening will also awaken the hunger instinct in all of his spawn.
Yeah, no. I'm holding to A. Superpowered cannibals are the last fucking thing we need.

Edit: treave, wait a minute. Ean will be ressurected by the Imperial family+Dio, correct?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No. For now Dio has absolutely no motive to have Ean awake, none at all. He'd much rather have him permanently gone. If you play as Dio, depending on what you do Ean would be woken up eventually by other people.

Of course if Dio ate him you wouldn't get the problem of a hundred superpowered man-eaters running around.

Baltika9

Arcane
Damned if we do, damned if we don't, eh?

I'd much rather play as Dio and implement a final solution to the mini-Ean crisis. But, with all the other things calling for our attention, I don't know if we'll be able to pull it off. Especially since they're in the different corners of the whole world.

I must ponder this.

Baltika9

Arcane
Also, Dio with Anbar'Shi and without supervision, acting on his Will to Power and propelled forward by your plot scares the living shit out of me.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As I see this, Ean will wake up, regardless of what we choose here. Dio will have to deal with the hunger issue.
I'd rather play as Ean, who we know has the mental fortitude to resist that hunger.

Besides, Dio is now, more or less, Naram's puppet. Yes, I know he's probably raging and pulling at the chains, trying to escape. But basically, he's Naram's bitch.

Don't want to play as that. I'd rather we play as Ean again.

Voting B

Baltika9

Arcane
Besides, Dio is now, more or less, Naram's puppet. Yes, I know he's probably raging and pulling at the chains, trying to escape. But basically, he's Naram's bitch.
Speaking of Naram, what do you think: quick and painless, or round up Shulgi, Sek and Edem and "punish" him?
Motherfucker's forgetting who he's dealing with, sitting in his fortress at Olympus trying to rescue Zeus and bring back the Masters. Gonna have to beat some sense back into him.

Baltika9

Arcane
...sure you did.

For posterity: B will end up badly, especially considering the ramifications of his awakening and the timeskip in which Dio can do all sorts of scary shit.

Also, I remember, at the beginning of this chapter, I pushed the envelope for Dio to be picked instead of Aodh. Lo and behold, he was.

Oh%20god_%20what%20have%20I%20done.gif
\

a cut of domestic sheep prime

When you asked if the god was in Ankida, Runikylos shook his head. He had a palace within the wastelands of Olympus, where no one ventured. Ten thousand labourers had been brought there to construct it, and then one by one walled into the pillars as a living sacrifice, and also to keep the existence of this palace a secret.
Missed this part. Wow. Evil much, Naram? I'd expect this from Shulgi, but...

Baltika9

Arcane
root gonnan root.

Does this increased activity mean we'll finally get some more 40K cyoa's? "Borrowed" sourcebooks don't do it anymore, I need my fix man.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's probably trying to bring the Masters back. Remember that the initial seeding required a lot of human sacrifice? Only three survived out of the expedition the king sent out...

Maybe Naram's gotten himself some more allies. :troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
Too late, then. Of course, this being Naram, he would have done so. And, of course, those sacrifices were for the Masters. And of course of course he became their Avatar.

Well, time to layeth the smack down. Maybe it is better to play as Ean.

Edit:
after all, ean hasn't been made God-Emperor yet, has he? you can be certain i ain't leaving this thread until he has.
I'll hold you to that.

Baltika9

Arcane
trust me. I have a Plan.
Ah, fine. I've a lot of respect for you, so I'll follow your lead here, though I'm most likely setting myself up for a titanic troll here.

That and if all this goes kabloo-ey, I'll have the right to be a dick and bitch about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom