Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Bloodshifter

Educated
Edited the Tally sorry about that doing ScubaV flop right now there is a ton of BB code I have to rewrite.

You C voters might want to remember you won't have the Shroud till AFTER the 50:1 battle and the General can overrule us if he feels that its exetremely stupid.

Baltika9

Arcane
Naim will have recovered by the time the next mission starts, and there'll be simulation and compatibility tests for all the fighter pilots on the Kaguya-hime and the other two cruisers. Best one will be picked for the other Vizala. We could paint those in pink.
Let me guess: Kyrie will have top compatibility and we will be forced to pick between keeping her crazy ass on the ship or letting her risk her life out in the field.
I remember a trick described in that text adventure Shulgi gave me; I fire my verniers to send me backwards. The sword misses me, and before the enemy recovers from its attack I push the throttle up and dash forward, faster than the Centeotl can react. I ram my beam saber right through the chest of the Centeotl, frying the pilot within with the superheated plasma. Raising the Anhur's leg, I kick the dead frame away.
Nice to see that Senya is picking up some of Ean's tricks. Now all we need are his preternatural fighting instincts and to pull out Excalibur Anbar'Shi from it's stone tree and proclaim ourselves the Once and Future Emperor!

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Flopping to AA.

Remember, Dunamis is still out there hunting us and we are running out of the drug. We have only one dose left so let's save it for a future battles, wasting it on a battle we don't even need to fight is foolish.

As for 1B, these drones can be destroyed so against superhuman controlled mechs they are useless. And against normal humans we don't need them.

Bloodshifter

Educated
As for 1B, these drones can be destroyed so against superhuman controlled mechs they are useless. And against normal humans we don't need them.
Of course silly me 4 extra guns on the battlefield controlled by Yua is totally worthless I mean its not like she can dodge using them or something and Superhumans can easily kill something as small as a beam rifle with an engine strapped on in space. Silly me mean its not like the entire Dumais Group trained in hand to hand using weapons right? RIGHT? So our Anti beam coat can totally stop them huh?

Besides the above Remote Guns also us to act as a force multiplier we are literally bringing more dakka and bodies to the battlefield without bringing more bodies even better in a 2 seater if we are a gunner we could directly control the guns to increase accuracy and the amount of dead Non bros by at least 400% to 2000% at max.

Who cares about armor when you can WWWAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

Who cares about armor when you gots Dakka?

Who cares about killingthem before they can see you when you can kill them from 21 different angles?

Ask yourself bros what would Ean pick? Shiny Armor? NAY! Coward's Shroud NAY!! Potshot Gun? NAY!!!
Its easy to see what Ean would choose he always was and will be a fan of Dakka he loved it like his Anbar-shi to refuse 1B is to reduse The Spirit of Ean! The Old Lord of Dakka!

Zwist

Learned
So, Yeah I flipped to BA.
The armour would be the most sane choice, as we are going to get Senya in a lot of fuck-up situations, but we have never been about sanity.
I'm not going to vote C because our mech is black and not pink.
C is going to make us personally a prime target, out of simply propaganda-driven reasons.
And if they use a shit-ton of resources on one guy, it better be a clown, so that the efforts alone humiliate them.
But as it is, they have a quite big chance of succeeding as we are not *that* much off a demi-god.

The shroud is about safety, for us against enemies on long distance, and for our carrier-ships.
If we meet dynamis, they can just trash us in melee anyway as bloodshifter pointed out. It would however make using our carrier ship in combat much less of a risk.

And in the end its all about those old words of wisdom: "speak softly and carry the fire power of a small army".
Hurray for the guns!

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
But how can the Champion's Bride be placed into a jar when her conscience is within us!? Unless... we ARE the Golden Jar! Rejoice, my brother, for I have broken the fifth circle of Ean's Mystery!
Thou shalt have no pleasure in the Golden Jar, nor in it's hole of glory! Away with thee!
Is this a mystery reserved for the second hierarchs?

Also, maybe if we said we don't want to be a hero, we shouldn't be a gloryhound . . . maybe we should try to actually mature and be honest with ourselves, rather than be wangsty and pretend to ourselves we are pragmatic and don't consider ourselves a hero? And we can probably become an actual hero and be famous without showing off on some interstellar broadcast.

I also flop to AA. We can build our cult of personality later :(

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Aw, I really wanted to see ac, but just can't bring myself to vote for it, given that it's completely out of character and will probably majorly screw Senya over if we don't get it perfect.

Baltika9

Arcane
Also, maybe if we said we don't want to be a hero, we shouldn't be a gloryhound . . . maybe we should try to actually mature and be honest with ourselves, rather than be wangsty and pretend to ourselves we are pragmatic and don't consider ourselves a hero? And we can probably become an actual hero and be famous without showing off on some interstellar broadcast.

I also flop to AA. We can build our cult of personality later :(
You are not considering the facts here: we already picked the maximum risk option, being behind enemy lines with nothing but four cruisers and three CFs and the heiress of the Empire on board. Even better, by doing so we pissed off the Empress that now considers us a a parasite (there goes the romance, eh?:( ) on her darling little daughter; the woman who will be in charge of the ISC and joint ruler after Kyrie's coronation. It will be stupid to back out now and settle for mediocrity. Sad to say, GRR Martin was right when he said "In the Game of Thrones, you win or die," and we're now a player, like it or not (I don't, whoring it up with Uncle Shulgi would've been awesome), and we must plan accordingly. Our next move must catapult Senya into a position of "can't touch this" against all enemies from within; sure, we'll become a prime target on the battlefield, but on the other hand this operation will break some of the enemy's morale and make us an enemy that will inspire pants-shitting terror into our enemies.

The only merits I see in going after the new mech are to deny the enemy a technological gap and take the next step to creating gigantic Avatars of Ean, something our scientists should be able to create themselves, since their first experimental mech was able to wipe the floor (space, whatever) with all previous-generation mechs. And there's this
Re: Going after the enemy prototype

If you succeed you'll prevent them from deploying it on the front-lines. Whether that's worth not going after other targets, you don't know. After all, the prototype could turn out to be an impractical dud weapon. You don't have enough details to be sure.
So, yeah, we may just waste an opportunity.

Lastly, about concerns of Senya's view: we have an opportunity to break the enemy's morale, humiliate them in front of the world on live television and destroy a part of their forces in one blow. This is something that only a megalomaniac or a truly great tactician would think of.
Aw, I really wanted to see ac, but just can't bring myself to vote for it, given that it's completely out of character and will probably majorly screw Senya over if we don't get it perfect.
No, my brother! Have faith, for the Champion Protects and he favors the bold! We have The Champion's own Navy at our back, we have the essence of His Bride within us, we are His INHERITOR and we CANNOT FAIL!
But how can the Champion's Bride be placed into a jar when her conscience is within us!? Unless... we ARE the Golden Jar! Rejoice, my brother, for I have broken the fifth circle of Ean's Mystery!
Thou shalt have no pleasure in the Golden Jar, nor in it's hole of glory! Away with thee!
Is this a mystery reserved for the second hierarchs?
Nay, young acolyte, all are welcome to partake of and learn The Champion's Mystery, BUT! Be warned, that to truly understand and not lose your mind to insanity you will need balls of steel, otherwise your downfall will be terrible and inevitable.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Treave when will the Udate voting close?

I have a few more Mecha Sup. Rants in me in favor of both Armor and Guns so I want to know how soon I should roll them out.

BBCode is not phone friendly -_-

Also Baltika9 only an idiot would risk the Princecess of a nation in an event were there is at least 50:1 odds and equal if not greater number of Civilian and enemy ships if they get past us what do you think would happen to the Princess eh punk?

It will be beyond GO we lose the Princess, ship, prototype, and The Queen would put more assissins on us then Ean ever ate.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Mostly to amuse myself into doing stuff and watching the flops happen. When you stay on your toes its quite fun not to mention sometimes the floppers don't pull out fast enough and they sometimes go down the path of stupid to try and keep votes locked personally I am keeping track of the usual ones who do this Kipeci and yourself are quite high on my list the ones who do more often don't attempt it on a vote like this. Another reason is those who are 'lost' causes can swing their votes around to other things or attempt to rally support.

Ok, bros, I've broken it down:

Prototype pros:
Was reason for ISC operation in the first place. Destroying/capturing it is the logical conclusion to this mission.
Looks decent on our resume and Kyrie's (Though, tbh, B might look better if the prototype's a dud, and C would be best, though only to the commoners and soldiers - see below.)
Has 50/50 chance of hindering enemy development.
Has 50/50 chance of furthering our own R&D. (Seriously, why have two pilots? In anime, I think this usually means it has some spiffy new subsystem or technology that 1 ordinary human pilot couldn't handle. We have Yua and our powers, so this new tech - if it exists - may not require two pilots for us to use it.)

Prototype cons:
Could be a dud, thus making it meaningless in the war (though probably still good for our rep in that we completed the mission).
Could be risky as the enemy will likely be on the alert after our attack on base 43.
Something could always go wrong, and given treave's saying that it wouldn't be an easy ride in either choice, something challenging is bound to happen.

C pros:
Could turn us into a hero of the people with major rep amongst the regular soldiers (though probably not the higher ups who'd think we were a hot shot, but then they don't take us seriously now anyway).
Could make Kyrie more popular with the people by association.
Could demoralize the enemy.
Could give Senya confidence.
Could make Kyrie extra horny from the added risk...:D (Though she seems pretty excited as is...)

C cons:
Higher apparent chance of failure. (50+ mechs is a lot, with or without dummy rounds at first. Plus there's the construction mechs and refurbished fighters & warships being controlled by the enemy as well.)
Could easily result in the loss of our ship and/or our mech, if we don't get it perfect.
Could result in very bad rep, if failed or had to ditch in cowardly fashion.
Could result in loss of confidence, if failed or had to ditch in cowardly fashion.
Could result in serious injury or capture with possible time skip. (Though going after the prototype could have the same risks depending on how heavily it's guarded...)
Reveals our skills and moves and prototype abilities to the enemy.
Inconsistent with our pragmatic archetype.
Makes our (ie, the princess' and the prototype's) location known to the enemy. Makes us an EVEN HIGHER priority target.

Really, from what we know, the prototype seems a gamble in usefulness, but C seems a bigger gamble in terms of success.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think the Barb wasn't in favour of dishonourable vote speculation, but seeing as this is the Codex... there's bound to be flipping to prevent a choice some see as particularly disastrous to win. It's fine if it doesn't devolve into spite voting. I see no danger for that here but Barb's LP was full of butthurt at times. Great times. :lol:

I'll only close the votes on Tuesday since I won't be updating till then, but I'm already planning out the scenarios. It's not an easy ride either way.

By the way, we have three cruisers including the Kaguyahime. Empress commandeered one to go home.

As for the risk, true, C will have to be pulled off almost perfectly, but if you fuck up and humiliate yourself on live TV it's gonna be hilarious too. Over fifty frames. Not counting refurbished construction mechs, fighters, warships.

Baltika9

Arcane
C cons:
Higher apparent chance of failure. (50 mechs is a lot, with or without dummy rounds at first.)
Could easily result in the loss of our ship and/or our mech, if we don't get it perfect.
Could result in very bad rep, if failed or had to ditch in cowardly fashion.
Could result in loss of confidence, if failed or had to ditch in cowardly fashion.
Could result in serious injury or capture with possible time skip. (Though going after the prototype could have the same risks depending on how heavily it's guarded...)
Reveals our skills and moves and prototype abilities to the enemy.
Inconsistent with our pragmatic archetype.
We are going in with two Vizala II's that will have pilots by the time we get there. We also have four three battleships at our back.
That's true.
Again, true.
Yet again, true.
True, true.
Yes, and also inspires pants-shitting terror in them. Really, we're going to get noticed sooner or later since we're one of the only CF pilots the NSI has; secrecy here is a moot point and revealing ourselves in this fasion is the best way if we can pull it off.
Breaking your enemies' morale and fighting spirit, along with taking out fifty CFs sounds rather pragmatic to me, although this will shift Senya's karma meter to Diogenes Camna.
Could make Kyrie extra horny from the added risk...:D
:rpgcodex:
You forgot to add that it will most likely make the Empress want to jump on Senya's cock as well. And if we take Erika as a POW, hoo boy.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:lol: And a couple of enemy aces. If C wins you would have to be extremely thoughtful with the choices for the plan.

Thoughtful? Ha! This is the Codex. We don't know the meaning of the word.
:rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
I've a question for you, treave: I can't quite understand what picking the "fire" path for Senya would've given us, besides autonomous tentacles and making us a melee-rape machine? What abilities would Shulgi have taught us and how would our operating a CF differ from our current style?
Because it seems now that the "ice" path was the superior of the two choices.

Edit: Lambchop19, doo eet. You know you want to.

With C, we need only charge in, balls to the wall.

God Emperor Ean is on our side, comrades, and we will make him proud this day!

Onwards!

Baltika9

Arcane
Naw, we can pull this off, dude. We got it. We gangsta.

Think of the effects this will have on the enemy. Think on how Senya won't be anybody's bitch from now on. Think of the clink and clang of Senya's medals on his garish uniform. Think of becoming the Emperor.
Think of all the pussy Senya will get.

Think of Ean, man. He didn't have half of Senya's mental acuity and he still pulled of shit more complicated than this. We got this, bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom