Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    It makes it harder for the tentacles to affect it in a way thats useful to them and what purpose would setting the nation into uproar do for us we are done here and this lets us do that and its the only thing that lets us do that with our companions intact

^ Top  
  2. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Well someone needs to research space travel -technology so we can jettison Shulgi and Naram to a black hole...

^ Top  
  3. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    If we do D, we seem to be pretty eager to not only admit defeat in Egypt, but also to turn ourselves into a very useful scapegoat for whatever terrors may come. In other words, having abandoned the option to try and resuscitate our legacy in Sumeria, we will now leave nothing of ourselves, whether materially or in fame/myth, here either. In my mind the whole purpose of working to stabilise Egypt was not only to act against the Gieloth, but also to give ourselves some time to set some things up for the future, e.g. in the form of great libraries, or some research in the present, or some material wealth and resources, or at least a legend of Runi that might later be strung across to that of Ean.

If we do act against Astarth and continue this conflict, B seems to be the best option. No doubt Astarth has prepared for the eventuality that we shall flee back to Memphis; and I wouldn't be surprised if the talk of cancelling poisoning was just a ruse to get us on his side, and it has happened already.

^ Top  
  4. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    I think the argument before was that if a major civilization like Egypt collapses it would have negative consequences for humanity's development. Presumably the concern is that we want powerful pawns to help fight the Gieloth and "the masters".

Anyway, voting D. We can kill Kumare/Shulgi, save our bros, and then "fuck it" off to new lands.

C

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    D Honour is our main objective here sorta and it gives us the thing we always wanted now Egypt is safe from tentacles and we can move to Italy for wine and TOGAS.

and Treave bro what is the current count on the *unnamed sword* honour blade
    :hmmm:

^ Top  
  6. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Considering C or D... I prefer C because we can then tell Asrath the horror of tentacles & ask him to conquer Babylon

But treave can we negotiate our friend's fate to Asrath, and ensure their safety using the messengers? And possibly arrange assassination of Kumare?

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You could demand that Kumare be executed, and your friends treated well, and Astarth would easily agree to sacrifice his pawn in return for your cooperation. The man is nothing if not practical, and one turncoat in return for a powerful warrior is an easy choice to make. But that is contingent on you becoming his right hand man.

I'm not keeping track of the sword name votes, but I think everyone was kinda keen on Anbar-Shi?

^ Top  
  8. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Well C then, with demands that our friend are treated well, possibly joining his court, and execution of Kumare

Btw treave
    I think I noticed some mistake in choice A: Ean is now as fast as average horse right? According to internet sources only a few select bred horses can match Ean's speed, and that for only a few moment before exhaustion

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, a messenger would use torch and bronze mirror over longer distances to convey Astarth's signal, which is why it only takes a day or two. You might not get exhausted but the strain of constantly moving at top speed for so long would damage and tear your muscles, and your regen can't keep up with the perpetual stress even with the Honourblade on you. You don't get winded, but you do need time for the muscles to heal. You should get there in time to stop it all, even with all that...

Of course, the army you brought with you doesn't move as fast as you do.

^ Top  
  10. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    You're right that B is the best choice from the point of view of acquiring power and establishing a legacy. It's easily the smartest option we have. We could take advantage of his plot to poison Memphis by murdering him right here and justifying it by saying we killed him to avenge the city, people would go for it. However, a power-hungry and ruthless act like that would go against the personality/morality of Ean thus far and would push him into a darker direction. Our companions in the city would die as well.

Now that treave has mentioned A, it seems a lot more attractive. Maybe we could pass off his death as a heart-attack, or the gods punishing him for attempting to poison the city?

^ Top  
  11. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Ah, I get it. Then I guess we should admit defeat; either serve him or forget our companions.
    The downside of killing him (B) would be the possibility that Kumare/Shulgi take over Memphis & blame the poisoning to us, which is clearly not good.
    I don't think our sneaking would be able to do us good, unless we can take our companions away readily.

Now where's the fuck it option when we need it? :troll:

^ Top  
  12. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    its D you gather your companions and get out of there

^ Top  
  13. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    D, though I'd have gone for A if it had popular support.

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A is a mindfuck attack. He doesn't die, he'll just go catatonic forever... or until someone skilled in healing minds repairs it. It has the advantage of confusing his men, buying you more time to make a run for it. Killing him visibly is only going to make them go "the bastard killed the King, git 'im!" after a brief moment of shock and they're coming after you, which is what you want if you want them to leave the protection of the walls and out in the open where you can do your thing....

^ Top  
  15. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Still the same vote as earlier (D) but I say we tell him we wish to killKumare he should grant us that and we easily can go home collect the bro's and MOVE OUT. and show Kumare the awesomeness of being spineless literally

^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    We installed Wanketh so we could be the man-behind-the-scenes, correct? In Astarth, we have someone crafty who wants to unite Egypt, exactly what we wanted. We just placed our bets on the wrong politician.
    Let's back Astarth. We've lost the political game, there's no reason to endanger the rest of Egypt. We're easily powerful enough that we can just say "fuck it" and leave whenever we so desire. I opt for option
    C

^ Top  
  17. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    C - Azira has me convinced. Besides, I never cared for Wanker anyway. We'll unite Egypt, and then train the Pharaoh to heel like the good dog he is.

^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I do like C for that sense, but I also hate ditching our bros, which is why I prefer both D and A over C.

^ Top  
  19. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    C isnt ditching our bros, we'll take them with us. Then we can get to work on making the uppity mortal our servant and enacting utilitarian policies.

^ Top  
  20. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Did we learn from Astarth along which route are the messengers stationed? Because I'm thinking we don't have to be faster then all of them, just some of them. If we know their approximate route we can run along it feeling for anyone around us - and then kill them before they can relay the signal. Every messenger we take out will give us valuable time.

If this is an option, I'm voting A - take out the fucker, go back to the army and explain what happened, then run. Fuck Wanketh, we must save the city and our friends. If A is not likely to work, then C it must be (provided our friends are safe) - we can always deal with Astarth later (remember what happened to the last king we were general to?).

EDIT: Just realized it's the signal to stop the poisoning that needs to be send. In which case we don't even need to run to Memphis. Just learn what the signal is from Astarth or from the first messenger we come across, then send it ourselves.

EDIT 2: Flip - Flop to C.

^ Top  
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    If we wish to save our friends, we need to work with Astarth. We don't know what the signal that needs to be relayed to stop the poisoning is, and even though we can mindrape someone for the answer, it doesn't mesh well with our character so far.
    We turned down the opportunity to be pharaoh ourselves, why the distaste for serving someone actually competent? Yes, Astarth has planned and plotted to take down his opponents, but he's also clearly a man who appreciates martial prowess. And he clearly does not know what we're really capable of.
    Let's swear allegiance for now and have him spare Memphis and our friends, and then set to work on stabilizing Egypt and killing tentacles. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I didn't want Wanketh on the throne so we could rule behind-the-scenes, I wanted him there because I thought it was the option most likely to ensure stability in the region and that he'd be the man most conducive to human progress in the far future. Astarth is cunning and strong, but his ambition and ruthlessness mean that he doesn't care about the cost of his ambitions. Perhaps we can temper his influence, and when the time is right, overtake him.

Then again, does being the employee of a ruthless King after our previous experience of following a man just like Astarth mesh with our character so far? I could see Ean doing something like A, then running straight for the city to stop the poisoning, or D, but working for Astarth? I dunno, man. The intention with putting Wanketh on the throne was just to get a stable, non-aggressive ruler on the throne then gtfo.

^ Top  
  23. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    C - Contingent on us getting to kill Kumare. We can always scramble Astarth's brains and take over at a later date.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. kazgar Arcane

kazgar
    Can't see what the focus on Kumare is, most likely he was just one of Astarth's agents/a stooge and trying to work on a number of his plans, getting you out of the city was paramount so the trap could be sprung.

Paranoia's turning all the choices weird, but when you've lived that long, maybe madness is the only result, and its spreading to the participants.

Saving the bro's is paramount and in character. Risking the genocide of a whole city (and bros) seems a little unlike our protagonist.

Then beyond that it comes down to hanging around with Astarth to a) make sure he's not tentacle controlled and/or b) unite Egypt under a strong and stable ruler allowing you to rape tentacles. (assuming working with him saves memphis and your bros)

or

Getting you and your posse outta dodge, let egypt sort itself out.

^ Top  
  25. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Then we should have put Akil on the throne, but bygones are bygones. We have to deal with the current situation. M:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.